Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-25-2002, 08:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to MoonDog
Not Ranked     
Default Rear Spring setup

Hope you guys can help...

I am going to replace my rear (Jag) springs and shocks for better handling, ride etc and I heard that some peole have set their suspension using only 2 springs/shocks instead of the usual 4.

Obviously, the spring rates need to be doubled..

Is there any problem with this setup?..for example extra twist on control arms?.. mountings..

If this setup is Ok..then should the setup up be on rear or front of control arm..

Any help appreciated

Regards

Moondog
Old 06-27-2002, 05:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Moondog

I have the Jag rear with only 2 rear shocks.I have Aldan coilovers and the springs are 400lbs. I also have rebound adjustment.
Here's the best bit......I dont have a clue how it will be,but it is the standard street set up for Python cars, so hopefully it will be ok

Cheers
Chris Lidgerwood
Vic
Old 06-27-2002, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mine are at the front of the control arm

Chris Lidgerwood
Old 06-27-2002, 05:51 AM
The longest build.....
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Mid-States, 428 Police Interceptor, TKO 5 speed, Jaguar rearend, Trigos, and Guardsman Blue!!!
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down No, no, no.......

Bad idea to run only two shocks.

Jaguar designed it to use four shocks for a reason.

You will twist and bind and break the lower control arm.

Be very, very careful !!!!!!

Cheers,
Bill Cook

www.bluecarministries.com
Old 06-28-2002, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

MY YOUR UP LATE CHRIS I WAS THINKING YOU MIGHT FIND THIS THIS INTERESTING ,I KNOW THE COILOVERS AREN'T CHEAP HAVE YOU CONSIDERED 4 OR ARE YOU STAYING WITH 2 ??

OZCOBRA

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-30-2002, 03:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ozcobra;
I'll stick with the 2,I havent considered 4 as the standard Python set up is for 2.The car will be pretty standard so I'm hoping this will do.
There are many things that I would change and will,but registration must be my goal at this point. I have a budget and sticking to it is difficult when I see some of the things others are doing.Your induction set up instantly comes to mind.

Cheers
Chris Lidgerwood
Gisborne
Vic
Old 06-30-2002, 03:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chris,
l do understand budgets, thats why mine is still under raps.Considering the $ cost to purchase those coilovers of yours the 4 you have at the moment would do me as well ,but l would consider the extra 2 when $ permit as it will cost you more to replace other items down the track.

Regards OZCOBRA

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-30-2002, 05:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chris, dont let a budget get in the way of a great project! Leave budgets to the politicians!

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 07-01-2002, 05:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fellas:
The single biggest reason for the 2 rear shocks instead of 4 is not purely monetary. George has 2 race cars with this set up and he puts considerably more stress through his arse end than I will (approx 550bhp so I'm told).Granted, he runs stabilizer/anti roll bars as well for the track,but on the street not so important......although nice to have!
At this stage, I'm a "If it breaks/fails I'll fix it, but I just reckon I'm going to have enough fun fixing the "bugs" once mobile.
What happens after that is anyones guess, I've developed a liking for Tremecs and 347 motec injected( 8 trumpets of course!) windsors.Could I get those before or after the divorce ?!

Cheers
Chris Lidgerwood
Old 07-01-2002, 06:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face

Sorry Chris, didn't mean you were tight !!!!As for the 347 well if your that close to 351 why tease yourself you'll be like everyone else they go 302-347 -351 -377 or like myself 396 then file those divorce papers , Before or after it will happen!!!!!!!

OZCOBRA

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: