Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2002, 04:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still dreaming!
Not Ranked     
Default magazine appearances

I love buying the latest issues of "KIT CAR" and "KIT CAR ILLUSTRATED" when they hit the news stands.
Have any of you guys had your toys shown in either of these mags?
If so, which mag and issue where they in.

P.S. I hav'nt seen Kit car illustrated on the shelves here in OZ for a little while now , is the mag still in circulation?
Old 10-01-2002, 06:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Stephen,
OZVENOM built a Harrison Cobra with a custom twin turbo, quad cam Lexus 4L V8 and Nissan GTR ind. rear end. It has the flip/flop paint (DuPont Chromalusion, I think...), all leather interior and boot area, 17x12" wheels etc, etc. It's certainly an attention grabber, and the owner of the car is a mild mannered, quietly spoken accountant He's a really nice guy, but OZVENOM comments on his WOT problem - any time he accelerates, it's always at Wide Open Throttle... sometimes at the most inopportune times Always spectacular.....

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah - magazines! It's been in a hot rod show feature in Street Machine mag with some mention of his 450KW number plates. Zoom mag have recently done a photo shoot with a view to having a full feature soon.

It'll be down at Goulburn this weekend.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stephen, i had the same problem with Kit Car magazine and Kit Car Illustrated, i was told by my newsagent that the distributor is not bringing them into Oz anymore and that i would have to subscribe if i wanted them.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 10-01-2002, 07:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Stephen,

I have subscribed to both Kit Car magazines for many years and in December 2001 Kit Car Illustrated combined with Kit Car the car builders authority. There is only one magazine now. My car was in Kit Car Issustrated in the August 2000 issue on page 80. If you want to look at other Cobras Hemmings Motor News has an online car show that has every kind of car. I don't know if any of the club members have their cars in it or not but mine is. I don't know who put it in there as I have never sent them any pictures and don't even subscribe to the magazine. I was just browzing the site one day looking for parts and saw the car show link and decided to look and see what they had and there was my Cobra. It has every kind of car and is quite interesting to look at.

Ron61
Ron Widener
Old 10-01-2002, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Andy - you just have to ask the right newsagent... I'm a part of a family newsagency, and we've been getting Kit Car Mag all along without any supply troubles - the September issue arrived a few days ago.... It's over $12- these days, but it's free if you read it while you're standing behind the counter!!! Rest assured, we have an extensive motoring magazine section!!!
Old 10-01-2002, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

you bastard, you mean ive been missing out all this time and i didnt have to be? D'oh!

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 10-01-2002, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oooops! Sorry to ruin your day! If it's any consolation, at least I didn't miss out!!
Old 10-01-2002, 09:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I never been in that magazine, but "locally" my car has gotten a lot of coverage. It's fun when people I meet say, "OH, I saw your car in Mid Week", or on TV or at this web site. Heck, I'm even on a Japan web site. You just never know where you will "pop up" next, lol. I missed out on Car and Driver magazine shoot recently because they wanted to focus on the "poor boy" cheap to drive angle for a "Drift Session" article recently. My car was "to nice", ha ha!

Ernie
Old 10-01-2002, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We really need our own magazine here in oz,imagine a cobra kit car mag with the size and quality of the new speed magazine.
with articles in full colour not half and half like kitcar mag
Old 10-01-2002, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     

Mike,
I've often thought the same thing (here on the "antipodal" side). I even asked the former publisher of "COBRAS" magazine if there was enough interest to recommence publishing. Unfortunatrely, I got no response. I, for one would love to work for such a publication! I am also willing to bet that there are sufficient numbers of cobra-owners internationally to support a revival of that wonderful pub. I know SPF publishes a newsletter of their own, but I'd hazard a guess that SPF owners make up only a quarter of this web-site's respondents.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Real: Southern Roadcraft, SRV8, 351W stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Car in magazine

My car was in Street Machine June 2001 issue on page 76
Regards,
Bryan Wilson
VK3KDN

Old 10-08-2002, 03:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

In the November issue of Kit Car they have a preview to the next issue's stories. Spring Fling II, a Cobra get-together for 237 snakes in London, Ohio. You should be able to see a few Cobras from people on this site.
Dan
Old 10-08-2002, 12:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Re cars in magazine

I don't know if this counts or not but in August 2000 World of Collector Cars spent the whole day filming at Emerson's and all of us have our cars in the shows. They showed on three different weekends and the show numbers were 2303, 2304, and 2305. It was a lot of fun and I got to see some really nice Cobras.

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 10-08-2002, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33868 Sold. Just "playin' the boards now."
Not Ranked     

I got a little coverage in Kit Car Illustrated. June 1996 pg 86 (the white car) The article came out several months after the picture was taken and the car was actually done by then and not by the knot head whose shop it was in!

Also got on TV on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage. Two times. Once from Autofest '98. Just a brief shot at the reception from the night before (episode#996111) and earlier from the Sonic Drive-in Cruise-in. The latter aired in January 1999 episode#996104. My TV persona stinks so the interview got cut down pretty short.

Also got a couple of pics in the My Classic Car magazine that featured the Autofest '98 show.

Last, the picture in my gallery "Evolution of The Cobra" is a publicity shot used for advertising the Forest Grove Concours d' Elegance. It was taken with a 4x5 format camera on a tripod by a real pro. This by the way, is the one and only time a replica was allowed on campus as a feature car in with the real thing.

My car and other replicas, street rods, muscle cars and the like are usually put off on the side of the show and not mixed with the true Concours cars. So this was a real honor. I was up front with the big boys! Even got a big pewter platter for being a feaure car.

I was just wondering...has anyone else ever met Dennis Gage? Really a neat guy. I had lunch with him and took him for a ride in the car....which he liked a lot! Look at your Pringles potato chips can. The guy in the mustache is him. He was the lead chemist in the development of the Pringles for Procter and Gamble before he became a car show host. Don't let the mustache and porkpie hat fool you...he's got a PhD in chemistry.

Al
Old 10-08-2002, 02:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Al,

That was quite an honor for you and your Cobra. It is a beautiful car. Also very interesting about Dennis Gage. I saw him once briefly when they did a show at Thunderhill but didn't know he was a chemist.

Old 10-08-2002, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SMC Motorcars 289
Send a message via Yahoo to renaissance man
Not Ranked     

Never in a car mag but my cobra will debut on CMT in February in musician Cory Morrow's first video "Texas Time Traveling".

Dave "Ren Man"
Old 10-08-2002, 02:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

When Kit Car did a series on Gordon Levy's shop..The car in the paint booth was mine.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 10-08-2002, 03:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Dave, I will be watching for the video to come out.

Mike, which year and months issue of Kit Car was your Cobra in ? I would like to see if I still have it.

Old 10-08-2002, 03:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron,

I do not remember exactly but between Jan of 2000 and march. I'll check whan I get home.

Mike

Old 10-09-2002, 09:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron61..

I can't find the mag. However, I was wrong about the year. it should be 2001. Sometime in the first qtr. The car was in the paint booth in Dec of 2000.

Mike