Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2002, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default twin turbos

Hi craig, (750hp) yep turbo`s certainly work, jammed a couple of garrets experimental dual ball bearing impulse 1000hp turbo`s on crt craigs 427 chev in his "street" lj torana and ran 7.88 177 mph . I didn`t fit them ,craigs mate lineol from mackay did the fit up of the turbos. Ran the engine up on the dyno the other day and at 3800rpm made 880 ft lb torque so at 8000rpm that would be ?? a quick work out puts it at around 1350 rear wheel hp , no wonder you like turbo`s so much. check out www.fullboost.com.au hey craigs got his alan johnson doorslammer motor for sale if some one wants a mega quick cobra , just kidding ,it wouldn`t work ,nowhere to hook up the choke to. catch ya later Mick.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Neutral     

Mick - have a look at my Photo gallery, there are some photos that you might have seen before! They've been viewed all over the world!

Didn't Craig hurt it on the dyno? I heard that it was a rush to get it back together in time for last Sat night's test n tune.... C'mon, tell us what happened!!!

I saw each run on saturday. It certainly got everyone's attention when he ran that first 7. That car just jumps off the line!!!!

I think it was the second run where it left with the wheels WAY up there, then drove up into a another wheelstand after the wheels came down the first time!!! Still ran 175mph on that pass.

Interesting to see how the chassis / tyres reacted when he left the line at lower rpm and boost. Lost about .5 sec, but still around 175....

I love that car!

(Just looked at Fullboost... It's good to see some Oz websites are getting a bit more efficient with race results now. I was up there with the 65 SS big block Chev. Were you in the pits with Craig, because I didn't see you there. Are you going this weekend?)
Old 11-26-2002, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default rumours

Hi craig, no sorry the rumour mill struck out this time , used110 lts methanol , 3 sets plugs and a fuel pump but thats about all, maybe they should ask the dyno owner because on one harder pull the engine created to much hp for the dyno to handle and he thought he might have damaged his dyno so it might be the dyno the rumour is about, i suppose it just doesn`t sound as good, so no nothing went wrong on dyno days (3) off them for us, 1 set ,1 running, 1 pull off, (probably could with those hp figures)opps , No didn`t get to the track ,had a weekend up the coast ,wish i went now , and i`ll wait and see if i go this weekend ,craig won`t be there because he didn`t enter, we have the engine out of the car and on inspection i think he might of bent the crank, stock cranks can`t handle that sort of hp, but we`ll freshen it and make it our spare. The photo`s look great thanks for that rob will appreciate it as well, your car looks awesome you must be pretty happy with the way its turning out ,can`t wait to see it in the flesh will be good to see. mick
Old 11-27-2002, 02:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Hi Mick,
Yep, that's the rumour mill for you. I suppose a few guys have just reread the mag that said he hurt it and was putting a 500+ motor in there. That article must have been a while ago.

It's so nice to see a turbocharged car leave the line without the 30 second staging stupidity of the VL, Nissan GTR and 4 cyl guys. Just stage, boost up instantly and launch hard!!!

If a car takes an eternity just to build boost on the startline, I don't car how fast it is - it just doesn't impress me. Craig's Torana on the other hand!!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 05:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default impulse

HI craig yeh thats the beauty of these turbo`s they are experimental, were for a diesel truck, they are impulse, no need for a intercooler, and no lag, someone did there homework because they seem to work, that car leaves like its attached to a giant rubber band. the 500+ cuber still isn`t out of the picture yet ,we ran a 540 with the supercharged engine not a bad thing just a bit savage of the line, and we even disscussed a 580 cuber, **** there`s just something about me and big blocks . mick.