Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2003, 02:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default Intake systems

This is probably a question Craig will answer, does anyone know of a company building an intake system for the gen 3 engine similar in looks as the intake on SFfiredog's car?
Not that i am going with this as i am still stocking up on parts and pieces, just an idea for later.
Thanks in advance.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Did I hear my name?

You don't have to actively out there buying parts to have an interest. I spent an eternity researching different parts and combinations before I spent a cent. I'm sure a lot of people were surprised when I stopped just talking about parts, and actually started buying them!

I don't know of anyone in the world that sells a cast alloy intake for running 8 throttle bodies on an LS1. Having said that, a friend of mine gets the most incredible looking sheetmetal intakes made for all his customer's engines. These things are better than artwork - stunning quality inside and out. I don't have any pictures, but he'd end up making something like this :

The actual throttle bodies are widely available.

If you went with this type of manifold, you'd have to run a modified / custom engine management system. I like Motec, but http://www.carputing.com/ could probably do the job for you.

Another guy with a sheetmetal SINGLE throttle body is making big horsepower at http://www.ls1speed.com/som.cfm .

Nothing beats the look of those throttle bodies standing proud though....
Old 03-19-2003, 12:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Not Ranked     
Talking

I will definately be looking around before i buy.
Yes it more the look than anything else i am after

Cruising in 5th

Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Hi David,

Yes there are some 8 throttle body injection manifolds available for the LS1. Check out the setup on the the new 427 Monaro.

http://www.hsv.com.au/vy/showcars/showcar.asp

Not sure who is making these but I bet they won't be cheap.

Being that I'm such a tight arse I'm going to have a go at building my own. Once I get my motor I pull the intake manifold and make some templates from it. Then I'll make up a plug to cast the rough shape of the throttle body assembly in aluminium. Then the fun begins as I try to carefully machine 8 consistent ports. I've been thinking about using a guilotine or slide style throttle body rather than butterflys. It'll be easier to machine consistently and on WOT there won't be any obstructions in the ports to disturb the airflow. Someting like the system below:

These guys have a setup for the Holden 5.0 and some interesting info about slide throttle bodies.

http://www.oriondevelopments.com/product01.html

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 03-22-2003 at 05:23 AM..
Old 03-21-2003, 11:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey there Mike, how are ya?
I have seen these manifolds but i personally prefer the runners to be going straight up and down.
Had a nice car at work yesterday, this fella bought a vx commodore that apparently has won some awards recently at car shows, it has a 7 litre gen 3 with twin screw supercharger bolted to the intake and alot of internal workings to the engine.
I think he said it was dynoed at over 750 hp and over 900 ftlb torque, he says he has the dyno sheet that came with it.
this thing had huge AP floating rotors and calipers that i could see through the rims, didnt get to see it from below, he says it is incredible to drive, gotta love these open speed limits
PS ; I bought an au2 xr8 rear complete subframe with diff, driveshafts, suspension and brakes from a guy on ebay yesterday cost me $1000 so i think i got a fair deal.
I will be going to Sydney for work in june and seeing Ian to order my kit, i will be picking it up in december and trailering it through Melbourne at christmas time so i will give you a call and drop in if you dont mind.

Cruising in 5th

Last edited by boxhead; 03-25-2003 at 01:35 AM..
Old 03-24-2003, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, LS1, T56.
Not Ranked     

Take a look at he one Ian Denner made for me. It is only single throttle body, however i am sure he would make anything you like, and it looks awesome in aluminium!!

The car is at Classic Revival. ready soon, providing RTA pull their finger out...
Old 03-24-2003, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

don't know much about gen 3 vs gen x, but is this close to what you're looking for?

http://www.prolinefuel.com/chevymain.html