Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-30-2003, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     
Default A word of warning about OZVENOM

I thought some of the newer players here might want to take note.....

Don't visit Scott at Venom Cobras unless you are prepared to walk away from there with car parts that you hadn't even planned on buying in the first place.

Dad and I went down for a visit this morning in my 9 month old ute, which I have intentionally left totally stock standard. I always thought it would be nice to have at least one car that I own that I could drive past a police car without flinching...

A visit - nothing more. So here's what my car looks like tonight.... 18x8" and 18x9" with Falken 225 and 255 tyres. I tell you - he preys on your weaknesses.

If I ever need to buy any car parts in the future, I'm going to give Scott a call first. You just never know what little gems are lying around his shed!!!
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2003, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Even our dog was licking her lips at the sight of them!!!
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2003, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

What sort of vehicle is that? Kind of looks like an El Camino.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:24 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

That must be on hell of a shed to have those "just lying around"

Great looking wheels. Did he entice you with the sly, "leave them next to the car" trick or was it the "hey, wouldn't these look great on your ride" ploy. Please tell us how you broke down and caved in for those.

Does your wife know you've been training the dog to lick his chops on command?

Again, they look great!!
Old 09-30-2003, 09:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

trularin - No wife yet.... must be why I can go and buy goodies like this without getting prior permission ! You're right about making the decision - once the wheels are near the car, how could you refuse?!? Scott's a great guy - as a supplier, but more importantly as a friend. There's never any hard sell, he simply sells good product at good prices, and that makes it hard to say no. That shed of his turns out some amazing fabrication. If it's not lying around in the shed, the lathe and TIG fire into life and a pile of stainless steel is suddenly turned into yet another custom part for the Cobra. BTW - Sorry to hear about your bearing problem

CC - It's a Ford Falcon Ute. 5.0 V8 Rides like a family car, but can carry a ton of gear in the tray - best of both worlds! Here's another photo of it (before Scott got in my ear about those wheels )
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2003, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Project "X" underway....twin turbo V6, AWD...
Not Ranked     
Cool

Pretty nifty little buggy, there. Kinda like a down-under Ranchero! You guys get all the cool stuff. The wheels are a bit over the top, tho. I'd keep the stocker's.
~Dave
PS: Is that still the 5.0 of Windsor heritage?
Old 09-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Good to have friends who take care of you. Scott sounds like a true asset.

Thanks for the note on the bearings. I am still mulling it over.

Keep driving around in these "fine" autos and you will probably have to accept one of those young ladies who are hanging from your neck as a mate.

Keep the faith and stay away from Scott with your pocket book full!!!

Old 09-30-2003, 09:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hmmmm,,,,,,A Ford Falcon Ute?? I tell you I just love the car culture down under. You just never know WHAT will show up next.

Watching some of the Aussie movies drives me NUTS! You see a car in the movie, maybe in the back ground and you gotta look twice! Is that a Ford? Nah, they don't make Fords like that,,,,,,,do they? Or, I SWEAR thats a Chevy, but they never made one like THAT,,,,,,did they?

OR,,,,I think it's a Cobra, but nobody makes one like THAT. OH, it's an Aussie Cobra, well then it makes perfect sense.

By the way, do they have any Chrysler products down there?

Ernie
Old 09-30-2003, 11:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

I know they had some muscle cars with a 225cid in line six HEMI! Don't know what they have now.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

dalola - the stock wheels looked to me like they were slanting the wrong way, almost like I'd have to drive backwardss for them to look right The motor is basically an Explorer motor (DIS, coil packs, Explorer intake - but different heads I think)

trularin - I'll keep visiting Scott's shed, but I might leave the wallet at home for a while!

Ernie - Chrysler were pretty big over here in the 60s and 70s. We're seeing ads on TV for the new Crossfire - it'll be out here in 2 months. The E49 Charger was the most famous Aussie Chrysler, a 265 Hemi powered 2 door, and it made most of the V8s of the time look pretty mundane. http://www.valiant.org/charger.html tells a bit of the story. In fact, the 6 cylinder cars of today are looking pretty good. Ford have brought out a turbo 6 that's making over 300hp. I'm picking it as our next "cult car". Already, guys have upped the boost and they're making around 600hp !!!
Old 10-01-2003, 02:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hi all

Ozvenom comes highly recommeded. Just finished talking to BTSNAKE in Arizona. Whoa did he say good things.

Does he really know him

Will catch up at Wakefield Park Raceway. Just chickened out on taking the car.

It is really pouring here and in Melbourne.

Cheers

Bernie
Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 10-01-2003, 04:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I don't know if Hersh told you the story about trying to get his GT40 ready for a 4000 mile drive across America. Scott, Hersh and I put in 15 and 16 hour days in the week leading up to the drive. Well, Scott did heaps, Hersh did quite a bit, and I drank the Coronas that were in the fridge..... The car simply wasn't ready to go unfortunately, so we headed off in Hersh's Cobra and Dodge for the Fling.

What a fantastic trip!!! Can't wait to do it again.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The little Chrysler 6 was turning 14 sec 1/4 miles as delivered from the factory! Amazing numbers even by todays standards. How embarrasing that must have been for the "other guys".

With all the low numbers we commonly see here at Club Cobra for 1/4 mile times we loose site of the fact that a 14 sec 1/4 mile really is FAST. Over the years there have ONLY been a handful of cars to run that fast AS DELIVERED from the showroom.

How many of TODAYS production cars can claim a 14 sec 1/4 mile from the show room? I think you would need only ONE hand to count them! Chrysler was doing that in the 70's with a SIX??? WOW.

Ernie
Old 10-01-2003, 09:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My Ford XR8 ute will do a factory floor 14sec quarter. 5.4L quad cam, 5 spd manual, 260kw (340hp) all for $42000.00Au, ($27700.00US).

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 10-01-2003, 11:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

AC Andy......thats one finger, four to go! lol

Ernie
Old 10-01-2003, 11:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Andy - that's all well and good, but think how much better it would be with a Vortech Do you think we'd get a group discount if we bought them at the same time?

Ernie - Australia's a great place to live, but Hawaii does have it's benefits..... the natives
Old 10-02-2003, 01:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Craig, you are determined to get a vortech on that ute of mine arent you! How will i ever get my cobra on the road if i spend money on the ute. Not sure what the Ford dealer would say when they come to service it either!!!!!!!!!

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 10-02-2003, 04:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

With the grinding sound the Vortech makes, they might replace the noisy alternator for you under warranty If they're anything like my local Ford Service shop, they won't even notice it's there.

I have my car serviced 200 metres away from them, at a mechanical shop owned by a friend of mine. He has built the bulletproof transmissions in my XY and Cobra. It's funny - when people ask where I got my you-beaut, custom modified, billet everything, big dollar racing trans from, I tell them the local UltraTune shop. They don't take me seriously....
Old 10-02-2003, 04:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hey Craig

Yes had a great talk with Hersch there.

He told me all about your visit and how keen he is on having Aussies over there with him - just watch us change that - next week.

He has the GT40 finished and was telling me there is a feature coming up in Kit Car. Its out in the states so we should get it in a few weeks.

I will get some photos of it and Post them when I can get my Posting bit^# Jason organised - hope he is not reading this.

I expect a fair bit of shi# from him for not bringing the car but it actually poured all the way from western Victoria to the out skirts of Geelong.

true

Will catch you up at Wakefield Park Raceway.

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 10-02-2003, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Too bad that Dad and I sold the newsagency - we don't get freebie car magazines anymore.... I'll keep an eye out for KCM though. Hersh has turned out a really nice GT40. It's a pretty tough sounding thing, too!!!

I'm not going to Wakefield, but I'm eagerly waiting for reports throughout the weekend.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: