Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2003, 01:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     
Default The Indy dog paddle 300

Gee guys (QLD), We Vic's allow you 1 major motor racing event annually and you’ve drowned it out 2 years running.
Maybe you'd like to come down to Melbourne for the F1 Grand Prix this year.
Bring your sunscreen and leave the umbrellas at home.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Now built a race cobra.
Not Ranked     
Exclamation didnt take long.

Gee If I could predict a responce that acuratly i should be able to predict lotto numbers.

It was just an arvo thundery and it went away as fast as it came .
We still didnt have to go and put on our winter gear when it rains cause its just like a warm shower lovely. yes a bit unfortunate that it came during the race but thats life in the tropics.

regards oz
Old 10-26-2003, 02:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

I'm gonna be a good lil fella and just second what Oz said

Oi Jason..where were you on the weekend? ..we had a nice lil meet on saturday with perfect weather and you didnt turn up

Tsk..Tsk
Old 10-26-2003, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Gee If I could predict a response that accurately I should be able to predict lotto numbers.
I felt the same way after logging on to Club cobra the day after the Grand final.

Quote:
we had a nice lil meet on saturday with perfect weather and you didnt turn up
After 2 solid weeks of watching you fellas trying to organise the event through this forum. I felt as if I was there already. Those couple of wild turkeys that went down while watching the Indy qualifying on Saturday probably helped the elusion along a little.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     

Now Jason, just hold on a minute.

When a little ol get together raises more hits than the Nationals there must be some interest in what us QLDers get up to.

I was across on the Islands on Sunday and the storm passed through just as the Indy was starting, which was very convenient as we had just retired to the pub and watched the race on a big widescreen.

How many places in the world can you have a beer, watch a race and then hit the sand dunes with the 4bie? Not many - Queensland - perfect every day.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

WhoooHooo!!

You tell em Pete

You keep this up mate and I'm gonna start calling you rebel2
Old 10-26-2003, 05:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
How many places in the world can you have a beer, watch a race and then hit the sand dunes with the 4bie? Not many - Queensland - perfect every day.
How many places could you choke down dirty water and call it beer, get hit in the head with hail the size of marbles.
20 minutes later your getting sun stroke while checking the storm damage.

Perfect every day...I think not.

Lets say 75%
Old 10-26-2003, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
When a little ol get together raises more hits than the Nationals there must be some interest in what us QLDers get up to.
The post with a CAI made out of a dunny pipe got more hits (<700).
Does that mean more people are interested in toilet plumbing than what's happening in QLD?
Old 10-26-2003, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jason,

75% is pretty good don't you think and what hailstones? (never saw them and certainly didn't feel them).

Won't even argue on the beers as I'm a crownies man.

If its perfect 75% of the time does that mean you're migrating north?

Look forward to having you round when you've settled in.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Hey Jason - you're on fire

I had enough of a laugh at your comments that I'm not even going to try to defend our Indy weather. What's really strange is that EVERYBODY knows that any storms in the area at this time of the year inevitably came later in the afternoon. Jimmy Vasser is only here one weekend per year, and he even he was talking about it during the telecast.

Hold the damn race 2 hours earlier.

Put the stupid V8 barges out afterwards.

The real race is the Indy race. Let the real racing fans watch the open wheelers during perfect sunshine, then they can leave the track and get home in time for a few coldies while it's still sunlight, and let the V8 dodgems fight it out in the wet (if anyone bothers to stay around and watch them anyway.....)

Sound fair?
Old 10-28-2003, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hi Craig, Sounds fair to me.

I'm glad you were able to pull a laugh out of all that sarcasm.

I'm surprised none of your QLD friends mentioned the Moto GP we held under water at PI earlier in the month, and lets not mention the V8's at Sandown making they way down the back straight through 2 inches of hail the month before.

I must admit I don't mind watching a race with changing conditions through out, but it's a pity when the racing has to be stopped or shortened because of the weather.

I think it was the Brazilian F1 race this year that had dry/wet conditions, and then the water running over the track at the back of the circuit. What a awesome race that was.

I'm just upset that Jeff Kennet isn't Premier any more.
He would have snapped it by now and we'd be talking about the Melbourne Indy 300.

Old 10-28-2003, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Re: Hi Craig, Sounds fair to me.

Quote:
Originally posted by REPTYL

I'm glad you were able to pull a laugh out of all that sarcasm.

I'm surprised none of your QLD friends mentioned the Moto GP we held under water at PI earlier in the month, and lets not mention the V8's at Sandown making they way down the back straight through 2 inches of hail the month before.

Well, actually we were going to mention them Jason but we thought we'd let ya off light.
Hey..good to see you put QLD in caps...shows you are a closet Queenslander and really, deep down, wanna move up here.

Pete said it very nicely in his true English gentlemanly way, ..we look forward to having you around when you finally decide.

Jeff Kennett??..C'mon..I thought he sold Victoria to private interests to the extent that Victoria no longer has any assets. He prolly would have stolen the Indy from us then sold it back to his mate Beattie.

Mind you...Kennett has gotta be heaps better than the troll you got now.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

I shudder to think of the dollar value of the damage done to all those F1 cars on that left-hander in Brazil Did you see how close Schu went to the tractor......

.... and the AWD Audi spinning off the track while it was doing it's duties as "safety car" at Sandown was priceless !!!!!! You couldn't pay enough money for such advertising
Old 10-29-2003, 01:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

After spending the day in Sydney (which is still bloody cold) it was nice to land back in warmer QLD. Rather hazy though.

Hey Jason, back in the UK a race in the rain was the norm and only homed in the driving skills, or not if you stayed on the slicks.

In fact, after rallying in snow and ice forget your wet asphalt. You learn pretty quick how to handle your car. If you don't you come to rather an abrupt end (the car and the finances).

Craig, following Paul down on Sunday (if the car starts) so will see you there.