Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-14-2004, 05:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default Parts from the States

Hey there everyone, I have been asked if there is anything I need bought over from the States as a friend is building a new jimco dune buggy http://www.jimcorace.com/

He said he has plenty of room if there is anything I need.
What do you guys think I should get?

Thinking mainly about needed items such as springs & shocks (what size are yours Mike and Leeroy?) ie overall length compressed length and spring size, length and weight?

Also thinking quick jacks, side louvres and badges (but these things probably arent that expensive to post)

What large heavy (expensive to freight) items should I get?

What is the freight cost on a steering wheel?

If I buy items of ebay in America will the freight companies deliver the parts to California to place in the shipping container?

I really am champing at the bit and thinking about what I should get.

Probably being shipped early April.

Give me asmany ideas as you can.

Thanks everyone, see ya all later

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hi Boxhead

You may want to get on Finishlines site and have a look.

I have ordered things like the brake vents, leather door straps, chrome boot/trunk/hinges, surrounds for the roll bar, etc.

You may also look at the 'Mota Lita' steering wheel part of the Finishline site. Check the wheels and compared prices.

I have ordered a number of small orders and they come promptly by Air Post.
Have always tried to keep the value below about $150 US. Air Post is about anoth $25 US dollars also.

Still cheaper than you can buy here.

Have you considred wheels and tyres?

Think you may need to ask some questions about Customs Duty.

Good luck the Australian Dollars looks good against the US dollar.

Hey load the container up with 'T'shirts you will get rid of them here for sure.

Talk soon

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 01-15-2004, 02:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

I'm with Bernie about the wheels and tyres. Big savings to be had there. I suppose you have a pretty limited market to sell off excess stuff up north, but I had almost a whole container worth of orders for Nitto street legal drag racing tyres simply by posting on a couple of websites. I didn't have the time to spare when it was all about to happen, so another guy took over the ordering, and he made a tidy little profit.

When a friend of mine had some space available (while I was building my car), I brought in my complete engine, bellhousing, flywheel, tyres, superchargers, complete racing 9" diffs, HEAPS of braided hose and fittings, lots of Wilwood braking components, gauges, fuel system parts, fuel cell, universal joints, slip yokes, t-shirts, books, etc, etc Saved thousands - and that was when the dollar was down the toilet.

Got enough room to bring an old car over?
Old 01-15-2004, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Boxhead

Craigs thought of a car is a good one.

If you are thinking of this, let me know as I have some contacts in Arizona and also in the mid States who may know of something.

I can also put you in touch with a good engine builder - although he is often under the influence of Georgia moonshine.

Most "T" shirts are about $15 or $16 US at the moment, but with our dollar being good they are an option. I know you will get $30 for "T' shirts.

Again, I think you need to get some advice either on the Forum or from someone who has done this before regarding the Duty if this may be a problem for you.. How far is that US base from you??

You are still obviously having trouble with the photos from McDonald Bros. Racing or did Garrett tell you not to put the SPF on as it was next to my car.

Talk soon

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier. South Australia
Home of "Weekend at Bernie's #2" March 13th/14th
Old 01-16-2004, 02:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Still cant get them to upload, I will be trying tomorrow from work as we are on broadband there now so it should work.
Aslong as the pics fit on a floppy.

I dont have alot of money to play with at this time but rims and adaptors for knock off hubs may be a good idea.

I am not looking to import stuff except for what I need, cant be bothered importing stuff to sell and dont want to abuse the offer from a friend.

The idea of a car would be good (maybe a $39900 Kirkham, I wish)

A steering wheel is high on the list, Aussie Mike do you have a part number for the adaptor for the Barina/Swift colomn?

I was also thinking of shockies and springs, if any Classic Revival guys can tell me the sizes I need for our cars it may be cheaper for me to get them too.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Boxhead

I talked about Finishline. Well last week I had trouble sending an order on - line using their 'shopping cart' system. So I just sent Enzio Alibrandi an email with an order..

Whoaa.

I got my order inside a week. Not bad when you consider they processed the order, packaged and freighted it to me in that time.

So would certainly consider them for all those small items such as: badges, door straps, vent covers etc.etc. Keep the container for the other items.

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia

Home of "Weekend at Bernie's #2 - March 13th/14th

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: