Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2004, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     
Default Engineer guest speaker

Hi All,

My engineer is a Guy named Colin Young from A. Enkelman and associates. Enkelman Web page . I was talking to him this morning about a few things on my build. I was also asking him about the changing emissions laws and how it affected us Cobra builders.

The future for Individually constructed vehicles is looking bleak. I what we could do, what about if we got as many clubs and enthusiasts together as possible to lobby the government to make an exception to the legislation? Colin has already been working on this with the Street Rod federation and has been talking to quite a few clubs about the changing rules and generally about engineering of street machines and hot rods. I asked if he would be interested in coming along to one of our Victorian Cobra Car Club meetings and giving a bit of a talk and he said he would be happy to.

So what do you think? Would it make an interesting Club meeting to have Colin come along as a key note speaker? Our next meeting is on Thursday 6th of May so I want to give him plenty of notice if we want him to come along.

Cheers.

Old 04-25-2004, 06:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

There is no way I could be there but it sounds like a good idea to me.

The more info we can get regarding the regulations and changes that are being made to them the better.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

Ask him along Mike - good idea!

Are any of the cobra clubs talking of joining forces/resources on this issue? Perhaps Reptyl may have some info on this?

If street rodder/cobras/clubmans joined forces then things may improve for us all.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force, 351W, GT40 Lightning Intake, Toploader, Jag running gear, 3.07 diff, Autronic ECU
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a good idea to me as there seems to be a lot of worry & confusion over the rules. Whenever I ask someone, they say "dunno, just know I have to get it built this year".

Mike, just warn Colin that it's not the Crown Paladium - in fact it's just a regular pub with a bunch of Cobra nuts sitting around drinking, eating, and yakking.

Cheers,
Adrian.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival kit. LS1 motor. T56 Tremec 6 speed. 17" replica Halibrand wheels.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Sounds great Mike. I am also using Colin for my build and he is a no fuss guy who is keen to see cobras and the like to continue in the future. He would be a great help to us all and I find him one of the most interesting guys who can speak first hand about not only whats happening now/future with cobras but in the past as he spent many years in the USA (1960-70's) involved with GM.
cheers Leeroy
Old 04-25-2004, 11:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush, Dodge Viper blue, white stripes, black traditional interior 347, AFR heads, Morrison injection, motec, T5, live axle, lead car Bathurst drivers parade 1999, 5.0L Cobra Nationals sprint title 2001
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

Great idea Mike There is a lot of speculation, and gossip, perhaps he can give us the real low down.

Cheers

Snaken
Old 04-26-2004, 03:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Mike

Good idea. Will try and make it.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 04-27-2004, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

I'm all for it Mike,

I will ring Ian tonight and book the rear room.

The official AGM stuff shouldn't last more than 15 minutes.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi All,

Colin is all set to come and talk with us. It'll be a fairly informal question and answer session. Colin has been involved with engineering ICVs for a long time and has worked with Rob Darnell on engineering the Robnell Cobras. He should have plenty of answers for your questions.

I for one have been concerned whether I'll be able to register this car I've put so much effort into due to the changing emissions laws. Hopefully he will be able to set us straight on where we stand with registering our Cobras over the next few years.

So mark it in your callenders as the next Victorian Cobra club meeting will be well worth attending and not just 'cause it's the AGM.

Cheers

Old 05-05-2004, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well due to a bit of a timetable clash and a stuff up on my part Colin won't be coming along this evening. Hopefully we will be able to reschedule it for another meeting soon.

Cheers