Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2004, 03:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Scott (the MacGyver of Cobra builders) - I bet you bent, twisted, machined and otherwise modified all sort of Jap parts onto my car. Ignorance on my part is bliss The Audi caliper is probably the classiest item on the whole car - and you didn't even let me paint it red!!!

Al - I hope you both had a great time up here. Good luck with the speed cameras when you get back home. I hope the Qlders haven't taught you too many bad driving habits. All the southerners seem to pick on the way Queenslanders drive.....
Old 07-16-2004, 04:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     
Default Melbourne Weather SUX

When we left Qld it was sunny 23 deg. Arrive in melb at 4.30pm to be greeted by rain and 10 deg!

That really sux! Especially after 2 1/2 weeks of perfect cobra weather. All Qlders should drive convertibles! And those who do (cobras don't count as nobody in Qld has softtops) are generally morons b/c everyone I saw had the top up! Go figure?

Only problem moving up there, to Mooloolaba at least, is the house prices are just as bad/expensive as Melb.

You Qlders did teach me some bad driving habbits! Eg Got on the Bruce Fwy for the brekky meet at about 5.45am (2hrs away). Put on thr cruise at 110kph (limit) as ya would do in raining Vic only to be passed by everyone!
It reminded me of Vic about 10 years ago when everyone was at least 10kph over the posted limit. But what suprised me more was the amount of cars doing 20 to 40 kph over! Do that in Vic and you'll be catching the bus - which speed as well in Qld - Everything speeds!!! Another reason to move north! Next time I got on the Bruce I thought Fudge It! When in Rome...

Craig I went in a ride that may blew your beast away for thrills
It was called the "Tower Of Terror" (TOT) at Dreamworld. 0 to 160kph in 7 secs and 4.5 G! Being one big eletro magnet I think most of the acceleration say 2/3 happened in the first 1/3 of the track hense the 4.5 G. After blasting to 160kph the track turns 90 deg straight up a the TOT which stands at 115metres tall. Not surprisingly you slow and eventually fall backwards for about 6 secs b4 returning back to the horizontal. What a Rush!

Now, back to the tread - Craig go Chev!

Cheers
Old 07-16-2004, 04:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Yeah - the Tower of Terror is alright, but I can still beat it to 160k's. When I was taking it easy up at Willowbank, it got to half track in 7.3 secs @ 168k's. Definitely not 4.5gs though - everyone thought that it looked like a 15 second cruiser when I left the startline. Call me a big girl's blouse, but I had no intention of putting the car into the wall just because I hadn't got around to buying some sticky tyres...

Now, for heart in the mouth stuff - did you try the Giant Drop? The first time I went on that was a major adrenalin rush. It feels like absolute freefall, without any mechanical attachment. I fair dinkum thought that I was about to go plumetting into the ground before that reassuring (and back compressing) decelleration. Great stuff !
Old 07-17-2004, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

Arrhh the Giant Drop. I always thought it was a load of crap anyone who had week knees after a ride. That was until I experienced the Giant Drop. (Everything is big in Qld)

For those who don't know the GD uses the same 115m 38 storey tower as the TOT except this time you sit side by side, 8 abreast, in a carriage that gets lifted ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP. Anyone suffering vertigo should stop reading now. With nothing around you it is a spooky experience. Then the TOT comes roaring up the tower - sounds like a jet engine and the tower starts to shake They leave you hanging around to enjoy the view (you can see a big sign in the car park that says, "Enjoy the Drop!") and get relaxed - about two minutes all up - and then, without warning, they drop ya!!! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:CRY :

You freefall for about 100m to 160 kph then it stop in less than 10 metres!

I got off and couldn't stand straight or walk straight - my knees gave up on me! What the.....!?!

For me it was worse than the TOT but Pauline found the TOT worse. We have pictures to prove it. Especially the TOT, Pauline looks just like the ride's name - TERRIFIED. It's a priceless pic.

Cheers

Last edited by NASSTY; 07-18-2004 at 03:23 PM..