Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2004, 11:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, GenIII, LS6, 6 speed T56
Not Ranked     
Question Wheel Question

Nationals were fantastic and I only took 187 digital photos, looking forward to next year!

Question I'm trying to find wheels. Any suggestions re manufacturer. I'm not necessarily looking for replica Halibrands. The problem I seem to have is I need about 360mm to clear the front disk and rotors. Because they are going on a Cobra they have to look awesome. I do not wish to go to 18", too low a profile. Anyone else had the problem and found a solution?

Cheers SNKBTE

I will post some of the photos when I figure out how to. When I try I seem to get timed out?
Old 10-16-2004, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival kit. LS1 motor. T56 Tremec 6 speed. 17" replica Halibrand wheels.
Not Ranked     

I used Ozwheels in NSW replican Halibrands which I think look awesome. I will measure inside dia. but I think you would fit 360mm disk. Phil Neall has pretty big brakes on his I think maybe he could advise. Aussie Mike has played around with these as well and can help. Reduce the file size of your pic's before you try to post them this maybe why you time out?
Leeroy
Old 10-16-2004, 10:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Snkbte,
Just as Leeroy suggested, 17" OZ Wheels clear everything nicely. You can still get a good looking tyre with a high sidewall in 17".

Regards.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     

My 16" Halibrands have approx 370mm clearance, but when deciding on the wheel size I would suggest you check out what tyres you want to run.

I know 16"'s have a limited choice of tyres (low profiles etc) and that may sway you towards 17" dia.

Its all personal choice, but the 17" dia wheels do fill out the guards nicely.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

If you are running Ian's 330mm Rotor kit then they will fit nicely inside a set of OzWheels halibrand Replicas. Tom also has a few other designs of wheel centers that he does for the Porsche racing guys.

The main issue you will hav with finding wheels for your classic is the offsets. there's nothing off the shelf that will fit and you have to go custom built. Ian is running Simmonds on his demo car and I've seen one with a set of Boyd Coddington Billet wheels.

I tried out the Boyd wheels off my wifes jag to see what they would look like and I kinda liked them. Eventually though settled on pin drive halibrand replicas from OzWheels.

There are pics of the OzWheels in my gallery.

Here's a pic of the Boyds.
Attached Images