Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2005, 05:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default No Idea

Maybe I am wrong in thinking this but do you guys think this guy is dreaming?
He advertises the car as 5.0 litre then in the same sentance says it is a 351
Troy if you are a member on this site then I am sorry but if your asking top money (IMHO) then you need to get the basics right.

Maybe some of our QLD members know this car and can pass comment?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....525863413&rd=1

And check out the number plates he is trying to sell seperatly, He wants $30000.00 more than I have spent on my car so far.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....525864650&rd=1

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Boxhead,

The 5.0 covers 302 to 307 Cubic Inches. The 351 is listed as a 5.8.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 02-07-2005, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Now built a race cobra.
Not Ranked     
Talking A bit Rich. and pigs might fly.

I am pretty sure it used to be 750hp's old cobra .
the number plate must be a typo error as i can buy personal plates of that type for $375 and own them for life .You can now get some certain plates with 6 digits. maybe cob427??

My BEA57 plates cost me $185 about 3 years ago.

oz
Old 02-07-2005, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Hes also selling a set of jousting sticks if anyone is interested..... b
Old 02-07-2005, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Back in the saddle
Not Ranked     

I'm sure this is the same car that has been sitting outside a local car yard for the last 4 or 5 months with $50K on it....

But seriously, what does he want for the jousting sticks?

Cameron
Old 02-07-2005, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Yeah, it does look like 750HP's old car.

I would be surprised if any real money has been spent on that car, which would make it pretty average condition these days. Still not a bad cobra from memory. But plenty of other cars I would rather buy with $75K. And imagine what you could build with $75K.

I hope he made a typo with those plates. Considering they cost $400 to buy that style of plate now, COB67 could be diserable to the right person, but pretty small market to sell it to. I think he just made a typo, honest mistake. . Just take a couple of 0's off the price. $500 maybe.

I hate knocking peoples pricing, as everyone has a different idea of what things are worth. But when your prices are ridiculous...
Old 02-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

$75K is in fact dreaming and it's not surprising there are zero bids. I guess the 302 could be bored\stroked to 351 cid? I think 347 is more standard.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival kit. LS1 motor. T56 Tremec 6 speed. 17" replica Halibrand wheels.
Not Ranked     

tell him he's dreaming. Offer him $50 and put it straight in the pool room
Old 02-07-2005, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Ahhh - good to see the old girl again. It is my old car - the one that Frank Ashman built. It cost somewhere around the $90 to $100K mark to build. That was back in 1991. Frank used the best parts - the engine was about $25k from memory, stainless socket-head cap screws exclusively, most expensive leather available used in interior, the wheels cost about $1000 each back then, fully polished Jag rear, etc, etc.

I rebodied the car after a bit of a moment with a telegraph pole and a barbed wire fence. The rebody / refurb cost nearly $30K. Troy bought the car after that. About 12 months later, a roller lifter expired, dropping the roller onto the camshaft then wedging itself in the lifter bore. Massive carnage resulted, destroying the block, heads, crank, rods, pistons, camshaft, etc, etc.

The engine that I heard was being built for the car was actually a Yates alloy head 408 cube motor with big (Avgas level) compression and a monster solid roller camshaft. Steel crank and rods. I think it was good for a little over 600 horsepower. Very good motor apparently. Does it make the car worth 75 gorillas? I don't think so...

I gave the plates away in the sale price of the car. If only I knew they were worth so much !!!! For $500, I do reckon they're good value. I spent ages cutting down the plates and the Carroll Shelby surround so you couldn't see the "QLD" embossing on the plate. So many people asked if they were real plates. Frank Moore wanted to buy them for his genuine 1967 427 Cobra. Maybe he could afford the $50k !
Old 02-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

I know, maybe he de-stroked the 351 block! You know to get the revs up quicker! You all know that kind of custom work costs $$$, hence the very reasonable price. LOL