Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-23-2005, 02:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     
Talking Sidepipes.

Just posted some pictures of my sidepipes. Nick, who is the guy making them says he still has a few thing to do, but Im stoked with the way theyre turning out.

Regards.:
Old 04-23-2005, 03:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1st Harrison with Gen 3 , 6 speed ,Godzilla diff & brakes
Not Ranked     

Hi Mando
They look pretty good to me . Does your exhaust exit rear of car or are you going to try to get them through rego as working side pipes

Paul
Old 04-23-2005, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi ledge,
At the moment the exhaust exits at the sidepipes. If I had enough room I would like to run the pipes over the rear suspension, install some muflers and exit at the rear. I think I can only run under the suspension towards the centre of the car and Im not keen on that. It would be nice to pass Registration with sidepipes. I think Ill have to run a 1 3/4" undercar system to get down to 90db.

Regards.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Mando
Mine had to go out the back to get it below 90 . If you look at my pics it is hard to see were the pipe goes , The rear of the system is bolted on and after rego i will un bolt it and put just tips on .
Dum rules anyway.
Paul
Old 04-24-2005, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Wow Ledge, it looks like you are makeing great progress with your car, it wont be long and you will be driving

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ledge, I can see the exhaust pipe running back under the car. Is the pipe 2"? Did you custom make the mufflers or were they of the shelf?

Regards.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Mando
It is 2" pipe it basically goes straight to the middle were they both join and then one runs out the back . As i have an independent rear the pipe didnt need to go over the diff .
The system was made bt Rotaflo in Mt Barker ( They are now called Carline ) . IT has 3 inch headers then a 4 inch flex then out the car to a 4 inch high flow cat and the muffler . i will attach some more pics tonight as it is out of the car .

Paul
Old 04-26-2005, 01:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Added a couple of pics

Paul
Old 04-26-2005, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pictures look good Ledge. Correct me if Im wrong, but are the sidepipes solid mounted, and any movement from the motor is taken up by the stainless steel ball/knuckle that connects the extractors to the start of the sidepipes.

Regards.

Last edited by Mando; 04-27-2005 at 03:17 AM..
Old 04-27-2005, 01:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dont need to correct you

Im sending the headers away to hpc and the pipes will be polished . What about your pipes are you polishing them or coating the whole lot

Paul
Old 04-27-2005, 03:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If I had to choose today Id probably get the pipes coated in flat black and keep the stainless steel section in the middle polished. Does the 2" pipe that runs to the rear of the car hang lower than anything else or is your chassis geared up for that setup?

Regards.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Because the pipe was put through the wheel arch instead of under the floor pan where most people run it after it leaves the side pipe it tucks away nicely from memory the exhaust is not lower than the floor wich is a good thing , The rear muffler is visible from the drivers side of the car if you squat down a bit but the fuel tank is lower than it anyway . BUt after rego it wont be there anyway

I like your pipes cause you can see the 4 into 1 on the outside of the car , does yours need an oxygen sensor and if so where are you putting it . Thats the main reason i put mine into a collector before it exited the body as i didnt want the sensor hanging under the car in plain sight

Regards
Paul
Old 04-27-2005, 09:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I need to run an oxygen sensor as well. If I remember correctly the guy making the pipes said it would go about centre of the 3" pipe that the 4 2" pipes go into and located at about 5 oclock looking from the front. If you look hard you should only see a couple of wires crossing the gap. Ive also left a decent gap between the pipes and the body. Ive noticed on a few cars the paintwork had bubbled and blistered from the heat generated by the cats in particular

Regards.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, LS1, Shift kitted auto, high stall, AU LSD rear.
Not Ranked     

Mando,
Your sidepipes are looking great.
You're going away from the rear exiting idea?Why?

Oh, and your shed is growing well by the photos, what have you been feeding it?

Talk soon Gav.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Gavin,
I wish that shed was mine. It belongs to the guy making the sidepipes. I also wish there was a 100% foolproof answer in setting up my exhaust to meet the required 90db with my motor. I dont mind running two pipes from the rear of the sidepipes up over the suspension in the wheelwells and out the back with a couple of custom muflers on each side but I dont think Ive got enough room for it. I also didnt mind Ledges setup with the two pipes collecting in the middle of the car and exiting out the back under the tank. In my situation it would end up to low.
A couple of guys have told me the only way Im going to get to 90db is to remove the sidepipes up to the extractors and install a 1 3/4" under body system. Installing the system doesnt bother me, its the extra holes to support the pipes that will anoy me. I had a look under the car last night, and I should be able to fix brackets to existing bolts such as the seat bolts.

Regards.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: