Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2006, 11:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     
Red face Off the Track - Tow Bars

Here's one that will test the traditionalists:

I've just bought a vintage caravan (1952 model) which is pretty small (very small if I'm honest) and am thinking of respraying it Ford mica blue including silver stripes - to match a certain sportscar I own.

This thing weighs about 340 Kg so you can appreciate its small. My better half suggested fitting a towbar to the Cobra.

My first response was whaaaat!!!, my second was whaat!!, my third was why not? (oh to be different)

Expert advice needed:

Forget the logic - do you think such an idea is feasable bearing in mind 1 tonne pulling a third of a tonne?????

Has anyone fitted a tow bar to a Cobra before?

Certainly would get an even greater shock of misbelief from onlookers as I pass by on the way to la la land!!
Old 04-24-2006, 01:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Back in the saddle
Not Ranked     

Well....

Ummm...

Hmmmm......

What..!!??!!?!?..

I will be one of the onlookers catching flies

Cameron
Old 04-24-2006, 02:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 99% it will be Classic Revival,Might have to join the boys on the DARK side.
Send a message via ICQ to STASIK A4 Send a message via AIM to STASIK A4 Send a message via Yahoo to STASIK A4
Not Ranked     
Default Dont be silly....

This might give our Uncle Mike some crazy ideas which would sidetrack him from doing some work on his car.......
Old 04-24-2006, 02:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lucus shell, Arrow chassis, efi 5L HO, 5 spd supra, Diff 3.73:1, Rear tyres 275x60-15
Not Ranked     

I Have seen pictures on the net, someone had a rear cut of a cobra as a trailer. Its not a bad idea at all to have a towbar.

SIMMO
Old 04-24-2006, 03:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Too late Stas, already had that idea No real danger of me doing it, I've got to many other distractions.

At DVSF2 there was a Cobra with a Hayman Reece style hitch on the back of it. The guy was a waterski champ and had a boat propeller plugged into the hitch when he didn't have a tow bar on it. It looked pretty cool and gave quite a few of us a bit of a laugh. I'll have to have a search for a pic of it.

Cheers

Old 04-24-2006, 09:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

PCC

Am also planning a small tow bar cable of towing my small yacht and trailer < 300kg and particularly to tow a covered trailed so my wife and I can get both our golf clubs somewhere.

Engineer has indicated they will need to model flexures etc but provided it is achievable given the room at the back or lack of it, this won't be a major exercise.

Fellow near me who had a red GForce with a commodore V6 had a v small hitch to tow his covered 6 x 4 loaded with large scale tadio controlled planes. Don't think that hitch was legal but he is now building his new GF, will have an LS1 this time!! but don't know if he is planning another tow bar again - would suspect so given he still flys the planes.

Go for it, increases your options with the car.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival kit. LS1 motor. T56 Tremec 6 speed. 17" replica Halibrand wheels.
Not Ranked     

PCC

I think its a great idea and really increases your options when you get to Cobra meets etc.

I am sure it would be easy to make the hitch section removable so you dont need to have it unless towing the love nest