Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2006, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival kit. LS1 motor. T56 Tremec 6 speed. 17" replica Halibrand wheels.
Not Ranked     
Default Track tyres

Need your help on tyres & wheels of choice for the track.

With Nationals coming up I want to get some tyres for the track as the Toyo TS-1 I have for the road were not all that good after a number of laps. I have 235x45x17" (7.5"rims) with 275x40x17" (9.5"rims) on rear.

PhilN told me of the Toyo R888 but avail. in my size for rear. I looked at dunlop website with no track tyre info & same for yokohama.

If anyone has some good thoughts here I would apreciate it and also do you guys run race tyres/rims or just swap over. Thought maybe it would be worth getting steel rims made or even look for alloy race rims?

Thanks Leeroy.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic revival 302w
Not Ranked     

gday leeroy
just been through doing the tire thing and man they are not cheap so this is what i found yokahama make an "R" spec tire which is good for track work but lasts @ 10K cost @ $550
bridgetone do a similar thing for around the same price
then there are michelin best of the bunch at top dollar of @ 750 followed by continentals and pirelli
now this is the weird one hankook spoke to a few guys who worked over in europe and have done tire testing over there and spoke very highly of them but get this they are the cheapest 350 so i could not pass it up do not have car on the road as yet if all goes well hopefully in a few weeks meeting with engineer in 1.5 weeks almost forgot toyo A888 are supposibly preety good to hope this helps
cheers
jess
Old 05-24-2006, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Leeroy,
have a look on Tirerack.com. Heaps of tyres and they will ship.
Richard
Old 05-24-2006, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default stiffy has grip

Hi Leeroy,

I have a set of twice used Yoho 235 x 17 x 40 and 275 x 17 x 35
that are for sale.They are the AO32R spec that all the good guy's use

Let me know if you are interested.

STIFFY
Old 05-24-2006, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival kit. LS1 motor. T56 Tremec 6 speed. 17" replica Halibrand wheels.
Not Ranked     

Stiffmyster

I am interested in your tyres. I will call you and maybe you can bring them along to the meeting next week.

Leeroy
Old 05-25-2006, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Glass 351c GT spec
Not Ranked     

I mainly use my Cobra for sprinting about 5 laps per sesson max, and have found the Toyo's excellent as they heat up fast, because I run 16 inch rims I couldn't get the same compound front to back so I have RA1's on the back & 888's on the front. The 888's improved my turn in & mid corner grip a lot but they are soft & wear rate is quite high, the RA1's worked out well on the back but I think they are about to be discontinued. Al.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default uncontactable for a while

Hi Leeroy,

I am out of the country and i didnt take the phone,
but i should be ay at the next meeting on Thursday, i can talk to you then.

STIFFY
Old 05-28-2006, 03:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Stiffy,
see you Thursday night
Leeroy