Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2006, 04:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: King Cobra, QLD - 347 windsor
Not Ranked     
Default Anyone got gas

I am approaching the engine issue soon and troubled like a hundred before me with emissions worries etc.

I want to run a stroked windsor, 331 or 347. Unless someone can help me with some suggestions about Registration approval (emissions etc) I think I'm dead in the water.

Fuel injection if I have to, but emissions still make it hard to look like a real car. If I have to kill the look, I may just go for gas and try and make it as angry as possible.

The dedicated LPG idea seems to have some merit. Is anyone running high performance, 400hp+ on LPG. I am keen to hear about the the system.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 06:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default Fuel Options

HI Hogster,
I understand what you are saying, the late model EFI on a windsor looks terrible, down right ugly.

Have a look at this site, this company makes fuel injection kits with the focus on making them look like a carbed motor.

The price is not to bad $3000.00US, but include everything you need, computer, all sensors, manifold, injectors etc etc.

www.massfloefi.com

I was close to getting one of these but opted for the 8thottle body injection.

Phil
Old 05-30-2006, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force kit, LS1, 4L60, 4.09 LSD... Gone to Queensland!!!
Not Ranked     

Just had a quick browse of the http://www.massfloefi.com site. It looks like a great system but I think they may be a little misguided.

Here is a quote from the site: "Any naturally aspirated engine, regardless of brand, size, combination of parts, etc., requires a given air/fuel ratio, at a given load. These ratios do not change from engine to engine, until you get into forced induction applications. (We'll get to that later). The needed air/fuel ratio changes with such things as engine temperature, air temperature, and atmospheric pressure, but the needed changes, again, are the same for all engines."

Mmmm, interesting.......
Old 05-30-2006, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Real: Southern Roadcraft, SRV8, 351W stroker
Not Ranked     

Hogster,
REPTYL (Jason) has a very fast 351C running Gas Research twin throttle bodies. His car is 100% gas.

Cheers,
Bryan
VK3KDN

Old 05-30-2006, 08:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Hogster,
I have just bought a 05' Pajero and have fitted gas.
Anything from 04' onwards requires a multi point system rather than a dirty old gas ring style system.
The cost is high $4000+ BUT the emmissions are great there is little to no power loss (apparently), the efficiancy of the system is supposed to be far better than the old systems(apparently).
I have traded a Hilux on LP, with the old style sysem and I will let you know what the dif' is like.

I also have a friend with a gilflite ski boat, the 350 chev is on straight gas using the above gas carbs in the same configuration as the ones in the post above and there is a real ower drop compared with what it was like on petrol. It would pull two men on slalom out easy before but will realy struggle now.

Cheers
Gav

Last edited by Gav; 05-31-2006 at 01:41 AM..
Old 05-30-2006, 10:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

I had so much gas Turk started a whole web site around it!
Old 05-31-2006, 04:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

The REPTYL snuck through just before the ADR updates that made pre 96 normally aspirated engines a no-no.
I was lucky enough to slot in an old 351 Cleveland, but only if it was running gas (to pass the emission test).

Over 400hp out of an engine costing less than $2000.
Have to be happy with that.

Love the gas. (especially when SULP is up to $1.50 a litre).
Attached Images