Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 07-31-2006, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrisons # 62 302 T5
Not Ranked     
Default New voice

Hello to all

Well, I have been hanging around on this forum for a while now and though it was about time I introduced myself.

Like so many others, I have wanted to build a Cobra for many many years and finally took the plunge earlier this year. I am based on the Gold Coast and after some research decided on a Harrison's kit (being local!!!). I placed my order in March and picked up the body/chassis about 12 weeks later (very impressive for a bloke as busy as Warwick!!).

I immediately settled on the 5.0L HO/T5 combination for providing the power to the rear. The rear is R32.

I am sure I have read almost every post in this forum in the hope of learning as much as possible for my own build process. I thank all those who have contributed!!

Progress so far is going reasonably well (I think). I have fitted the engine (just to check clearances etc), have the front and rear installed as well as the brakes and pedal assembly. A few miscellaneous items as well.

I have also managed to find time to load a bunch of photos for general viewing.

I have attended a number of the Queensland Club meetings and again will be there on Sunday. I will be the bloke NOT driving a Cobra taking about a thousand photos of all those beautiful vehicles for future reference!!!

Regards

GeoF
Old 07-31-2006, 03:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Well what can I say, you won't be disappointed with a Harrison. Warwick is fantastic to deal with and will do anything for anybody.

I'll get Warwick to point you out at the breakfast.

Have you thought about coming to the Cobra Nationals. There is usually plenty of spare seats if you just wanted to come down by yourself.

I love before and after shots.

Actually not a bad looking rear end. Our GTR rear looked like it had been left out in the snow for a few years.

Now looks like a work of art. With that sort of attention to detail, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Old 07-31-2006, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Cobra, Ford 2001 4.6l Quad Cam Stroked to 5.2l (ported heads, reground cams from SHM + a Kenne Bell 2.8 Charger + Intercooler) Autronic SM4 Ecu, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, Trigo 8 & 10 x 15 Halibrand Knock Offs, Goodyear Eagle Tyres
Not Ranked     

Well with all these 'new' members joining the community COBRAS may take over the highways of Australia. I'm also guessing 07cob that your car is going to be blue? Looking good!

Starting to pump up for Sunday! The last time I saw a Cobra (a going one) in the flesh was about 8 months ago. It better not be to cold down there otherwise Rebel1 will make me drink scotch at the breaky so I can warm up.

Blair
Old 07-31-2006, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

You wont be sipping any scotch Blair unless you get those bananas bagged and to market ASAP.

I hold you solely responsible for the sad state of our economy. The cost of bananas and petrol have blown our inflation figures to the weeds.

Unless you bag em & get em to market, then that scotch will be going into a fuel tank not into your glass mate.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrisons # 62 302 T5
Not Ranked     
Default Replies...

Craig

Would love to attend Nats but unfortunately am tied up with work. Maybe next year!! At least that is a little more realistic that a friend of mine who just asked me if I might be ready for a race meet in September. I said, "Maybe September 2008!!!"

Blair

Indeed the vehicle will be blue. I know it is quite common but I just love a blue car - and with two nice white stripes, ... hmmm very nice. The colour I am thinking of is the Impulse Metallic colour of the current (just run out) model Commodore. It is the bright or electric blue.

GeoF
Old 07-31-2006, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Cobra, Ford 2001 4.6l Quad Cam Stroked to 5.2l (ported heads, reground cams from SHM + a Kenne Bell 2.8 Charger + Intercooler) Autronic SM4 Ecu, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, Trigo 8 & 10 x 15 Halibrand Knock Offs, Goodyear Eagle Tyres
Not Ranked     

What a joke, inflation due to BANANAS! It's obvious that little Johnny has no idea. Maybe when he was up here he should have compared prices of materials and building cost prior and after Larry. It should read 'Inflation due to the cost of fuel and the ridiculous prices that outer state insurance contractors are asking for'. It has been 4 months and only 2 of our 16 buildings that are insured have actually been started on!

But who cares, COBRAS are much more important particularly Blue ones with White stripes. And Bacon and Egg breakfasts. Tell me Rebel1 do I have to pay more for the breakfast this time due inflation?
Old 07-31-2006, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeah fellas next time you have trouble with your Cobra I want you all to stand holding the broken part and shake your head while mumbling "this broke due to the high cost of bananas".

Next time your wife gives you are hard time for not mowing the lawn just look here in the eyes and say "I can't mow the lawn cause of the cost of bananas".

Maybe IRAQ doesn't grow bananas?

I am sure Rebel1 will find a line somewhere about bananas and certain Holden engines.

LOL

I am outa here!

Blair
Old 07-31-2006, 11:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     

Geoff,

Intended coming down on Sunday for my twice a yearly visit, but have been doubled booked by the better half.

Going whale watching from Redcliffe.

Hey Les, I did'nt think that the women in Redcliffe were that big

Geoff,

Good choice in colour. Mine's Galaxy mica blue with silver stripes
Old 08-01-2006, 01:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07cob
Craig

Indeed the vehicle will be blue. I know it is quite common but I just love a blue car - and with two nice white stripes, ... hmmm very nice. The colour I am thinking of is the Impulse Metallic colour of the current (just run out) model Commodore. It is the bright or electric blue.

GeoF
Nothing wrong with blue & white stripes, who cares if it's common, if you like it, do it...that's my motto.

Something like this. I think your colour will be a shade darker than this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: