Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2006, 02:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Cobra, Ford 2001 4.6l Quad Cam Stroked to 5.2l (ported heads, reground cams from SHM + a Kenne Bell 2.8 Charger + Intercooler) Autronic SM4 Ecu, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, Trigo 8 & 10 x 15 Halibrand Knock Offs, Goodyear Eagle Tyres
Not Ranked     
Default The Red Cobra that took my manhood away!

Well fellas, I’ll be honest with you all. Last weekend when I came down to Brisbane I told everyone that I came down especially to go to the Qld Cobra monthly breakfast at Sanctuary Cove. Well that ain’t the whole truth. I kinda also bought my very special girl a rock which completely diminished my ‘special go fast parts for the Cobra’ bank account.

Now before you all thinking I am looking for attention here I am not because this whole story has a moral.

As you can probably guess I am not ‘wrapped’ in the whole preparation for the big day ceremony (apart from the Cobras leaving the church) but to my surprise my girlfriend knows me to well.

Today she went to the newsagency and bought a few thousand wedding magazines which doesn’t worry me as long as I don’t have to read the bloody things or choose what colour the writing on the invitations is. However she left one particular magazine on top of the rest. It was called ‘Queensland Wedding Venues & Services’. It had a plain black and white cover with a RED COBRA jumping out at me.

And she caught me opening the bloody thing to have a closer look.

All she said was ‘we saw that Cobra at breakfast the other day . . . remember the one with the number plate FANG IT’.

I know a trap when I see one, well I thought I did.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Resistance is futile now that the thin edge of the wedge has bit.

just remember - you started it
(and congratulaitons)

LoBelly
Old 08-11-2006, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Now what did you go do that for?

Tell me one thing that marriage provides that being single doesn't.....go on....just one thing
Celibacy....From the day of the marriage your sex life will be on a down hill slide.

Only kidding....congratulations.

Word of advice....agree to everything she plans for the wedding....don't object......don't argue......just nod and smile.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Red Cobra on the front of a Wedding Magazine...now that's not playing fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1
...just nod and smile.
That's what I did and everything went smoothly. And on the day just make sure you mention how amazing she looks. Actually doesn't hurt to say that to every female, especially the brides mum. I'm not sure if that last statement sounds right...shrug.

Seriously, congratulations. Funny, I didn't worry about Cobra's at my wedding, could of had plenty. I don't know what came over me...oh that's right, I just nodded and smiled...nodded & smiled.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Yes I can agree with all the above comments, I did nothing, I even forgot to organise a hair cut for my self on the day.

Went to all the hair dressers in Tully & Mission beach only to be told "Sorry we are too busy - there is a big wedding on today".
I still couldnt get a hair cut when I said it was my wedding.

Just make sure you do check the invite list, before I knew it we had 200 odd people at mine, my lovely wife said "dont worry, there are alot of people from interstate we have invited - they wont come" yeah well they all did.
But it was a great day and night, my wife managed the hospitaloty side of things at Mission Beach resort at the time, so we booked out the whole place.
Even the band had a ball and kept playing until 3.00am

P.s Congratulations buddy.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Best piece of advice.......

Turn up at the church before she does.

Unless ya wanna find out exactly how chameleon like your new wife can be.

and....

During your speech don't mention anything about the back seat of your car.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default marriage...?

Oh dear....your timing isn't great mate... Indy is on mid October and after my efforts last year I seriously question how being single can be legal? I had WAY TOO MUCH fun.... Forget drinking I had a car load of you know what, on and off all weekend (pardon the pun) which ended in Sunday night going off with a "BANg" so to speak... My head is still spinning...

So much so that this year I "may" have to not "do" Indy as I did it all a bit much last year... So anyone thinking of staying at my place sadly boys I'm going to have to refrain...

Ooops I digress..

Cobras and girls are well.... Sorry Blair I shouldn't continue...it's not fair on you...

Congrats... ya poor &%&*^$%...

My advice is..... ummmmm.. go to Indy!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry couldn't resist! I'm a BAD BAD BOY!
Old 08-13-2006, 01:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Cobra, Ford 2001 4.6l Quad Cam Stroked to 5.2l (ported heads, reground cams from SHM + a Kenne Bell 2.8 Charger + Intercooler) Autronic SM4 Ecu, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, Trigo 8 & 10 x 15 Halibrand Knock Offs, Goodyear Eagle Tyres
Not Ranked     

Thanks everyone for their words of advice! I knew Rebel would have something good to say & Spook imagine how much you could get this Indy with all that new bling on the beast. I meant your updated Cobra not your new piercing!

So my gfs little experiment concluded that if there is a Cobra involved I have no control over my actions! I picked up a wedding magazine which I think is proof enough.

So does anybody have 'other' magazines which have Cobras within them that I can use for a little pay back! If its got a Cobra on the front I gotta read it!

Get my point?