Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2006, 01:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Help: Chasing good Auto Sparky's in Perth

Hey all,

In the build of a Gforce Cobra in Perth, WA.

Chasing recomendations of good auto sparkies to use in perth (without copping it in the behind on price).

We'll be running an AU XR8 motor, and need someone to do a neat install on the full wire up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Nick.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

Welcome aboard Nick. There are 3 or 4 guys on here from your side of the desert, they might be able to help with your query.
I see your building a G-Force, tell us a bit more about your plans.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cheers for the welcome Dave,

Its my fathers car, and my brother & I are pitching in when required to get the project done... we have a bit more technical now how with cars than the ol' boy.

Car: G-Force Cobra
Engine: Windsor inj V8 (from AUII XR8 - 200kW from Factory)
Box: Tremac 5spd from same donor
Running Gear: Jag XJS inc LSD, all recond to new cond.
Fuel system: 60Lt Race fuel cell, Bosch 044 fuel pump, std inj.
Computer: Factory xr8

Basically we're up to the wiring & fuell system fitoff stage, Thus the need for a competent autosparky... we could wire up the base lighting & gauge systems ourselves, but when it comes to the ford ecu, aint got a clue how to make it run properly.

all that'll be left after that is paint, trim & lic... you never know he may be cruising before the end of summer... maybe

*** Just a quick question also, whats the best way to unleash the available horses with the larger exhaust & intake... Cams, or a piggy back computer for fueling (affects AFM signal, to improve A/F ratios).???

Again, thanks for the welcome, and any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Nick
Old 09-06-2006, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

Camshaft is the heart of the engine and is the one thing that will most affect performance, within the constraints of other engine variables.
I'm still old school regarding efi, but other guys here can give you plenty of advice there.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC 302 Windsor Supra 5 speed Jag Suspension
Not Ranked     

Hi Nick,

You may find some problems with the computer form the XR8, I am also putting an AU engine in my RMC and I have been informed by serveral reliable sources that the engine management compuer can not be cracked. The ECU will not function unless you have the matching body computer, plus the original ingition switch and key. I am looking at using an ECU from an earlier series engine to get around this problem, does anyone else have any suggestions, other than put in a aftermarket ECU?

Cheers

Ross
Old 09-10-2006, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force, 2002 200kW Ford 302 Windsor, Tremec 5-Speed
Not Ranked     

howdy.. im nicks brother(xcaliber).. posted a few times here before when we were sussing out gearbox length problems and reverse drive water pumps etc

the problem with going to an earlier ECU is that they didnt use the coil packs so wouldnt have a driver for these.. wouldnt want to go back to a distributor type system