Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2006, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Classic Revival

Hi,
I have been asked by several of our customers why is it that they find comments on this forum about poor service from us when they have received excellent service themselves.

Looking through some of the pages on this site, it has become apparent that a few people have posted comments about not receiving adequate support in the build of their vehicles. These comments seem to come from people who, to my recollection, have not asked for information from me!

It would seem that they have instead searched for answers on this forum rather than ask me. Then they have complained, not to me, but to the world via this forum, that we do not give adequate service!

Well, I am here to clarify this point – WE ARE COMMITTED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

In the 18 years that we have been building Cobra kits, we have many, many totally satisfied customers – we do know of 2 in this period who were not completely satisfied, no matter what we did for them! I am sure that this happens in all industries.

So to ensure that ALL of our customers ( or as many as humanly possible ) are satisfied, I have decided to start this page in this forum for those customers who would rather obtain any information form here - instead of the normal channels open to our customers of telephone, e-mail, fax & personal visits. Naturally, all of these normal channels of communication will remain open for all customers to receive information/advice or a chat about what they are up to. We are always interested in seeing different methods of building these vehicles & have updated the build manual whenever a customer has contacted us because they could not understand how certain things went together. We have then supplied those customers with updated versions of the manual. If you have not asked any questions, it has been assumed that you did not need any further advice!
As it says in the front of the manual, if you have any advice/suggestions about the manual or product we want to hear them. This is because I wrote the manual, & after building these for so long I can do it with my eyes shut!
With such knowledge of the product, it is easy to gloss over issues that the first time builder (most customers) finds difficult. I myself have similar issues with manuals (computer software) I have been trying for 6 mths to sort out a CAD programme in 3D, (no problem in 2D) however the manual says “ in the drop down menu select…” But where the f… do you get that drop down menu from!!! The manual is written for a reader who already knows the programme.

So if you have any problems, or just need advice you now know how to obtain it. We will endeavour to sort out any problem that you encounter. That is customer service.

Please don’t muddy the waters here with other forum bit & pieces, just any problems you need sorted out.

Unlike our normal channels of communication, this one can not be as quick due to the fact that I am not always sitting here in front of this screen typing – my typing is to slow! If you need a quick answer, use the normal channels. The mobile is always available after hours for those who get stuck after hours.

Cheers,
Ian Denner
Classic Revival
www.classicrevival.com.au
Old 09-15-2006, 10:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Welcome to the Forum Ian, It's good to see you post on here.

Cheers

Old 09-16-2006, 12:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello Ian good to see you on the forum, lets get to it, you may have seen the previous posts in relation to narrowing the rear end of the CR and as such obtaining a deep dish look. Have you considered this?

thanks

steve
Old 09-16-2006, 03:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Hang on a tick.....

Certainly there has been some light hearted comment regarding the quality of a build manual and some discussion regarding the rear end ....but.....

In general the CR has been a highly recommended kit to nearly every one who has asked thru this forum.

In fact..I'd go as far to say that Classic revival has enjoyed more than a few sales because of this forum......

Now....that raises other issues

Where are our commissions on these sales....and.....

When are you going to start selling CR's to FORD enthusiasts.?

Most of your owners in here use those....ermm....wotyacallem engines.

Ian, welcome to the madhouse.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Ian,
I have had a couple of dillemas putting my car together.
The detail for installing the fuel tank is sketchy at best.
The RHS engine mount issue was another that is not mentioned in the manual.
The route for the brake lines and fuel lines are not clear and I struggled with the flexible lines BUT I bought the lines from Mando and so there may have been a change in design between my car and his.
The issue with the offset on the rear wheels is not a big deal to me, infact I like the look.
One of the reasons I bought your kit, was the use of non modified production car parts, to me 'standard of the shelf' part availability is very important.

All in all without trying to sound like a suck I am enjoying my build and are making changes to my car as I see fit. Whether it is a design fault (in my opinion) or not changes are being made all over the shop which is what will make my car unique.

Gavin Irvine
Old 09-16-2006, 05:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Welcome Ian,

I think that it is a positive step you posting on the forums here. Hopefully you will continue to be involved in the future.

For the record, I am very happy with my Classic Revival kit, and I have encouraged several people to consider this great Cobra replica.

Hopefully you can take a little bit of negative feedback here as constructive critisism, and improve on your product and service. I know from chatting to other CR guys that we would all like to see your business prosper and grow.

Most of the negative comments here appear to be concerning the build manual. I know a few of the CR guys personally now, and I am sure if you asked we would be keen to help you make this a much more user friendly document.

Ben
Old 09-16-2006, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival (CR3204) 6ltr s/c, T56 6spd
Not Ranked     

Welcome Ian,
I think it’s excellent that you’re on the forum.

Like Gav mentioned, part of fun with this project, is the build process itself (including all the mistakes!!).

All the best,
Luke…..
Old 09-16-2006, 11:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default Blown Away

HI Ian good to see you on the forum.

I just got in from SA, and while we were there we popped into see Mando's car.

Absolutely sensational, the workmanship is incredible. Mando has a very clear plan on how he want his car to look and he is getting very close to finishing.

This is not a hijack, but I had a chance to see the shortened rear end, the workmanship is outstanding. Mando has been able to get an extra 50mm dish on his rear wheels, while not exactly what he wanted but in my opinion worth it.

I personally don't mind that we do not have the deep dish on the rear (read that as I just bought new wheels) but, if I had a choice I would go the route Mando took.

In the CR world this would have to be the best build I have seen, and when it is finished would be one of the best replicas on the road, and as it is a classic revival it will go well on the track as well.

Thanks Mando for your time, I still have not been able to look at mine yet.

Phil and Karen
Old 09-17-2006, 03:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival kit. LS1 motor. T56 Tremec 6 speed. 17" replica Halibrand wheels.
Not Ranked     

G'day Ian

great to have you on the forum. I am sure it is a benefit for all CR owners and Classic Revival.

Unfortunately whilst its the best cobra info center going around it is also the biggest (9to5) time waster I've found. Make sure you logon after hours and keep pumping out those CR's.

Leeroy.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Classic Revival

I am not too sure who some of you are, so please excuse me if I get your names wrong.
One of the good things about Cobra replicas is that they are all different, everyone has their own idea of what they want out of there build. Hence changing things to suit yourself is all part of the build process.I'm just trying to make the process as smoth as possible.
Now to try & answer your questions/comments;
Ben - I have asked, it is in the front of the manual. However most people do not make any comments, constructive or otherwise to improve the manual. Some do & I thank them for their contribution.
Steve - no I have not see the comments on shortening the rear to accom a dished wheel. However, there are several issues with this;
1/ The geometry will be changed due to the shorter arms which may cause handling issues.
2/ The load on the rear wheel bearing will be increased & this may result in failures.
3/ The cost.
Most builders like the fact that the items are all easly available & cost effective. If however you wish to spend more money than the average builder, the best solution is light weight fabricated arms the same length as the originals. This would cut weight ( the only problem with the originals) & improve unsprung weight.
Gavin - the RH mount detail is in the manual as is the brake lines ( photos ) the tank seems sketch as you say. I will send you an updated manual CD & a few more details on the tank install. If you have these problems send me an e-mail & I try & sort it out straight away.
Anymore issues or comments, please contact me so that they can be sorted.
If anyone else needs an update of the CD let me know.
Cheers,
Ian Denner
Classic Revival
www.classicrevival.com.au
Old 09-17-2006, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, Gen3 ls1, Vortech T-Trim, Motec, tremec M12, wilwood brakes.
Not Ranked     

Hi Ian
Good to see you on the forum,

I have to say that over the 5yrs that I have been a member of Club Cobra there have been a few negative posts about CR but they were all tongue in cheek like the comments about the build manual etc.

I can say with out hesitation that no one here has ever said that they regretted buying your product and I am sure with the information that is willingly shared and the friendly nature of all the CR owners on this forum that we have sent a few customers your way.

Cheers
Old 09-17-2006, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Hi there Ian, I too am glad to see you are online now.

I could be one of the people you are refering to saying that the follow up isnt that great, mainly due to some un returned phone calls early in my build put me off trying to contact you, also with the great help of the guys in this forum if I have a problem Friday night I generally have an answer by Saturday on the best way to get around my problem.

I didnt want to call you on the mobile as I know I personally hate work related calls on the weekend.

I will put my hand up for an updated manual if they are available.

By the way I am David Rawnsley if you didnt realise (probably not many customers out in Alice Springs)

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some Backyardy ****box
Not Ranked     
Default Sponsorship for the Nationals!

Hi Ian

Have not seen Classic Revival's name on the Nationals Sponsorship list yet!Is that because they have not updated it yet, or are you not sponsoring?
Old 09-17-2006, 10:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival. 6 litre Chev
Not Ranked     

Ian,

Good to see you on the forum. This can only be a benefit to you and the growing numbers of CR's being put together.

As Cobra AU stated we have had plenty of digs about your manual at your expence but at the same time the support amongst the CR guys for your product and each other is fantastic and heaps of fun.

As for support I know you went out of your way to get me through rego even to the extent of giving me free run of your workshop, tools and that fantastic hoist.(sometimes after hours because I wouldnt go home)

Hope to catch up at the Nationals.

Phil
Old 09-17-2006, 10:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

As a Cobra builder who doesn't own a CR, my experience has been that the CR guys who have made critisims have done so in a light hearted manner.

Btw, at least you CR guys have a build manual!
Old 09-18-2006, 06:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Hi again Ian,

Can you check out the thread I have regarding the body prep I am upto, I have the answers I need regarding the first question so I really only need your or your body suppliers advice in relation to the warp in the sill panel.

Here is a link to my question and some pics.
Body prep

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival kit. LS1 motor. T56 Tremec 6 speed. 17" replica Halibrand wheels.
Not Ranked     

Ian

as we all love a little history is there any chance in the future that you would be able to give us some brief history on how you got started and the beginnings of todays CR.

Cheers Leeroy
Old 09-18-2006, 11:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival (under construction)
Not Ranked     

Ian

As you know, I am one of the CR builders with a constant stream of questions. Anyone that knows me here, knows that I am the "most autobuild challenged" person around.

I know that I have bothered lots of people in this great process and I try to spread the burden around so that nobody gets totalled p***ed off.

I have worked out what's best and when's best for you as far as my questions go.

I can say without fear of contradiction that your service so far has been 110%.
Until I finish the build. you know that I will have more questions and I know that I can rely on your assistance and guidance.

Philip Chisholm.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, Gen3 ls1, Vortech T-Trim, Motec, tremec M12, wilwood brakes.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilChis
Ian

As you know, I am one of the CR builders with a constant stream of questions. Anyone that knows me here, knows that I am the "most autobuild challenged" person around.

I know that I have bothered lots of people in this great process and I try to spread the burden around so that nobody gets totalled p***ed off.

I have worked out what's best and when's best for you as far as my questions go.

I can say without fear of contradiction that your service so far has been 110%.
Until I finish the build. you know that I will have more questions and I know that I can rely on your assistance and guidance.

Philip Chisholm.
Hi Phil
Along time no see ah hear err post on the forum are you going to the nationals?
Old 09-19-2006, 03:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Yeah, I'm also hoping Philip comes to the Nationals. Would be great to catch up again.