Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2006, 01:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     
Default Progress update: Pedals

I haven't posted any updates for a while. I figured I'd just post stuff when I hit milestones rather than this and that. I reckon you probably all just think I'm a bit of a "Gunna" at the rate this thing is getting done.

Anyway I finally finished my pedals on the week end.

The clutch pedal is bled and feels good with revised linkages and 7/8" master cylinder. The Clutch is a Spec stage 3 which is basically a coper/ceramic button clutch and the pressure plate is pretty heavy but the pedal still feels OK. It'll be interesting to try on the road/track.

The brake pedal is done along with the brake light switch. I adapted a motorcycle rear brake switch and made a bracket to suit. It's dead easy to adjust to match if you change the pedal height.

Both brake and clutch pedal treads pivot and are spring loaded so they stay at the same angle at rest and don't rattle. The idea behind the pedal tread pivot is to keep the pedal tread flat under your foot through more of the pedal throw.

The accelerator pedal turned out really good and I had a lot of fun making it. The tread is adjustable for position up and down. You just unbolt it and select the next set of holes (plus the holes give it a nice apearance). You can rotate the pedal tread to get it to any angle to suit your heel toe style by losening the lock nut and turning the pedal. You can also change the pedal height without changing the linkage by screwing the pedal in or out. There's also a bump stop on the back of it that limits the pedal travel so you don't stetch the cable. It can also be screwed out to limit full throttle if there is an inexperienced driver behind the wheel.

Cheers

Old 10-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Another tick in list of boxes

very gratifying

(and very flash)

LoBelly
Old 10-23-2006, 04:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

Cool Mike!
Old 10-23-2006, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival. LS1, T56, Billy Cart
Not Ranked     

Mike,

They look great. What's your percentage for copyright ? Cause I reckon I may have to pay you that percentage for the gas pedal design
Old 10-23-2006, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Dammm Mike I just adjusted my accelerator by bending it over - guess a bit rough aah..

Looks like you are making some progress though..

Looks great.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 10-23-2006, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Bending the pedal is still an option for extreme adjustments but it'll probably have to come out to do it. This thing is made from 12mm bright steel rod and takes some effort to bend.

It's all starting to come together but there's still plenty left to do.

Cheers