Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2006, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Nissan Brakes

Hi all... Can any forumers tell me what wheels they are running if they have the GTR skyline nissan brakes. 300mm rotors and nissan calipers...

The reason is I want to run another set of street wheels and tyres and I am finding it very difficult to find anything suitable??????

17 or 18 inch. On my current wheels I have 36mm posi offset on front and 45mm posi offset on the rear with a 28mm rear wheel spacer.

ARW Halibrands, Salt flats etc are all no goers as the don't dish enough in the internal to sit over the brakes...

Any help or advise is appreciated.

SpookyPT
Old 11-06-2006, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Your caliper offset is also governed by depth of rotor hat. Since you also use Nissan rotors, this measurement may not be the same as someone using Commodore rotors. My brother also runs Nissan rotors, but I doubt if many others have, Commodore would be the most common I expect.

What about custom offset jap wheels. Most premium jap wheels will fit as their wheels will be design to clear calipers like Nissan ones.

You should also be able to fit any of our ROH or Simmons 3 piece wheels as I'm pretty sure they can do custom pad heights.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default wheels

Yeah Craig I know but JAP 3 piece wheels donlt really compliment the car that well. I have narrowed it down to these 2. Either www.koyawheels.com and go to the Sport section and see the "DriftTek" in 8's and 91/2's in black or gold or www.showwheel.com.au under XLR wheels and see "Magnum".

What you reckon? Drift Teks are cheap $350.00 ish each and failry available where as the Magnums are USA and about $900.00 each.

SpookyPT
MAtt
Old 11-06-2006, 11:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default Road wheels

HI Spookypt,
I have a set of Intro wheels, the speedstar which are in the slr range. They are not to bad for billet wheels, I have them fitted with my race tyres. Just becareful as this series has a very thick "hub" section compared to other billet wheels.

I also have a set of street wheels that are the 1 piece cast chinese wheels. I have them fitted with street tyres and would not like to do much more than that with them. I found that there is so much choice that I pulled up to the wheel shop who would have about 200 different styles and put them up against the car intill I found what looked good. I have 343 HSV comodore rotors and aftermarket calipers and 18s fit without a problem.

As you say they are cheap, I spendt at least 5hrs at "tempe Tyres" and left with a set of 18 x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5 with Faulken tyres fitted and balanced for $2500.00.

Phil
Old 11-07-2006, 01:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Back in the saddle
Not Ranked     

Matt,

I may be getting senile, but the Drift Tek look very similar to what you have? Why the change?

Cameron
Old 11-07-2006, 02:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Change

Thanks Phil and Craig! Yep all good points and noted.... I REALLY want Halibrands but am finding it difficult to get anything suitable. Cam you're rightish, the Driftteks are similar.... I am still really wanting halibrands so I will delay before I do anything and exhaust teh halibrand option first... The reaosn for the change is (1) Race wheels and tyres for racin and streeters for streetin (2) A "certain" recent show and shine result has motivated me somewhat to conform more to the masses.... Seems I have to join all the conformist lot! Bugger.... But as Warren B would say...Where's my trophy?
Old 11-07-2006, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Hey Spooky, Have you spoken to Ozwheels in NSW.

OZ wheels (02) 96066468.

They manufacture a range of halibrand replica wheels and may be able to help.

Cheers
Old 11-07-2006, 02:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Spooky, just check the phone number for Ozwheels.

Here is their site: http://www.ozwheelaustralia.com.au/1.html
Old 11-07-2006, 02:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Rebel1... Well I have sent emails to Vintage Wheels, Oz Wheels and also Dragway. Would you belive TEAM 3 in USA don't have an email address???
i will see what responses I get and keep you all posted!

Thanks again guys...

SpookyPT
MATT
Old 11-07-2006, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Cobra, Ford 2001 4.6l Quad Cam Stroked to 5.2l (ported heads, reground cams from SHM + a Kenne Bell 2.8 Charger + Intercooler) Autronic SM4 Ecu, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, Trigo 8 & 10 x 15 Halibrand Knock Offs, Goodyear Eagle Tyres
Not Ranked     

Here you go Spook

TeamIII email = etwheels@pacbell.net

Must admit I tried very hard to get wheels from them with no success!
Old 11-07-2006, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wow..thanks Blair... Don't suppose you can get me Pamela Andersons while your at it can ya......? Oh, thats right...I'm not single anymore! Bugger... Rebel1's daughter is safe again!

Cheers Mate

Spoookypt
Old 11-07-2006, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

I tried emailing team III and still no reply - I think they have a very nice looking bolt on wheel with nut covers that are hard to pick from knock offs - and they seem to have a very large range of offsets as well. May have to investigate through a US contact perhaps.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tenrocca.. this is what they just sent me. Took an hour from enquiry to response..

WE CAN DO A 17 X 8 +19MM AND .900” CLEARANCE MOUNTING PAD TO BACK OF SPOKE

AND A 17 X 9.5 +25MM AND .650 CLEARANCE

SEND A POST CODE AND CITY FOR FREIGHT QUOTE , WHEEL PRICES ARE CURRENT ON WEB SITE

SCOTT OR JIN
Old 11-07-2006, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Man - I must asked the wrong question (or maybe had the wrong email!) - Ill give them another go - Cheers. heres a link to their site for anyone else interested:

http://www.team3wheels.com/ac/
Old 11-07-2006, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default To conform is easy!!

Spookypt,
Why do you want to conform, your car was the most striking car at the nationals.

Your car would get my Vote for the Best Hotrodded Cobra!

Phil
Old 11-07-2006, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Phil! I guess that with the racing I'm doing up here I need a set of streeter wheels and tyres.....I hate conforming really but for me to "get lnoticed at "S & Shines" I need to appeal a bit more to the masses.... I know these things are subjective as I have said before but how else do you think I may get noticed by "the judges" at these type of events... In your opinion Phil, where do you reckon I fell short at the Nats?? I mean I got to the front row of the photo shoot where everyone else got "noticed" but at the preso I "seem" to still have alot of work to do!!! Not taking ANYTHING away from those that placed BUT where do you reckon I can improve.... I reckon wheels as that's all I can think of...

SpookyPT

SpookyPT
Old 11-07-2006, 08:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default No Logic

Spookpt,

I don't think your car is problem I think it is the way it was judged. You would find that there are alot of people scratching there heads with the results, cars with new paint getting nothing a few years ago but this year gets top paint.

I also had a bit of a spit as my car is not the prettiest, however I did finish off the interior just before the nationals and received the lowest score for the interior, and that is competeing with a few cars without an interior.

At least you cannot make a mistake with a race times

Phil
Old 11-07-2006, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yeah PHil... It's all good! Head scratching...yep a nice way to put it!

Looks like I may have had a win. I just went and saw DRAGWAY and they reckon they can help me. I'll keep you posted! Won't be cheap but it will look Good!

Dont worry about your interior Phil. I reckon your smile was the winner. Actually we both won as I was smiling as much as you! Cannot wait till next year!

SpookyPT
Old 01-23-2007, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Just trying to get my head around this wheel offset issue when running the Nissan R32 rears with the Harrison kit. Can anyone please summarise by telling me whether a Halibrand style wheel can be fitted to this setup without spending crazy amounts of money? eg, off the shelf preferrably.

Thanks