Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 12-04-2006, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra needed for TV Commercial - Bris, Australia

Classic 50s/ 60s / 70s Muscle Cars for TVC - Brisbane

Hi all,

I have a client making a TV commercial in Brisbane 19-22 Dec for a beer company. Cars will only be needed for 1 to 2 days max.

They are after a good range of classic 1950s /60/70s Muscle / Tough Cars. The kind of cars we are talking about are Cobras, Corvettes, GT40 replicas, modified Falcons, Holdens, Dodge, Valiant or similar. Cars must be in good to perfect condition. Modifications and chrome will also be a good thing.

The fee is around $550 to $1100 depending time needed. Owners are welcome on set. There is no budget to transport cars but if you are willing to travel at your expense then please submit your car.

I know there are a number of you who are listed with us who have cars like this. If you are interested your cars will be given preference. Please let me know ASAP!!!!

Please contact me via reply email or at the office to express your interest.

Shan Railton
Vantage Management
www.vantagemanagement.com.au
shan@vantagemanagement.com.au
office - 02 9913 9596
skype username- sir_fur71
3/56 Kalang Rd Elanora Heights NSW 2101
international +61 2 9913 9596

VANTAGE SURF FACES - VANTAGE STAR CARS - VANTAGE FIT BODIES - VANTAGE EXTREME - VANTAGE STAR BOATS

Aim HIGH! You only get one shot!!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Moved to the Australian Forum
Old 12-04-2006, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Ron

Thanks for doing this.

Just a word ( or two ) of warning on this hire of personal vehicles..

You will be required to invoice for use of the cars. This gets extremely messy for owners who do not have ABN's. The GST implication is huge.

Great if you have a business, but good luck in trying to invoice this one unless you are a hire company.

I have seen this first hand with hire of a boat for a similiar TV program to use in it's drama show. The owner wished he had never got involved.

So the word of warning is simple don't do it unless you are willing to do it for free or cop the paperwork mess.

Anyone thinking of doing it is welcome to ring me or PM me and I will pass on the boat owners details.

Mmmm.. then again my rego and insurance states 'not for hire' - again be very careful.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 12-04-2006 at 09:12 PM..
Old 12-04-2006, 10:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bernie, good advice... I had heard similar stories... For me it'd be $1100 cash for a day.... Standing still not driven or touched!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

spookypt

Yes possibly read as if I was dampening someones' enthusiasm wanting to see their car in an add. However, the hirer can basically do what he or she wants with the car or boat.

If it is damaged you will need to read the fine print as this is not an Avis or Budget hire deal where the hirer has responsibility for repair etc..

.. guess at the end of the day it's up to each of us. I agree that I would want a lot more than $500 - $1,000 to deliver my car and have it used....less fuel, my time and GST etc.

not to mention have some leggy model sit all over it - no matter how good her legs were..
Old 12-05-2006, 12:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289 USRRC #98 The Ken Miles Tribute Car
Not Ranked     

Not even this one Bernie!

Cheers Brett

Last edited by BJ's Snake; 12-05-2006 at 02:35 AM..
Old 12-16-2006, 12:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush fibreglass body and chassis, running stage2 302 cleveland on LPG.
Not Ranked     

Yeh who would want snail trails all over their paint work!!!!!!! Would be a bugger to get off. PMSL
Fran
Old 12-18-2006, 01:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Brett.

Wellllll..

I could be convinced..
Old 12-18-2006, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     

I understand Dru's Daytona and Warren's (El Presidento's) Cobra will be taking part on the back of a trailer.

They didn't like Warren's Cobra to begin with (I do understand ), but then preferred it to a Corvette (again I do understand )

I believe both cars are tucked away in a Brisbane location ready for their starring role.

Also, I think the advert is for a Russian Media Company (not sure we will see them car's again - only joking )

Hope they both get a DVD of the advert so they can show it off with pride.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

They did choose my car...Which you'd understand, and it was an excellent experience.
Gone for 24 hours , but returned in perfect condition, and $800-00 paid directly into my account.
I'll admit I was a bit concerned, but it turned out fine.
They are sending a DVD to Dru and myself, and Dru actually went to the filming and reported that all went well.
I'll admit that I was thinking that I'll be branded the Dumbest guy in Australia, handing over my car, and then giving them my Bank details, but it was all under control.
I'd suggest a look at the website,
www.vantagemanagement.com.au
and you'll see there is an opportunity to perhaps pick up some extra cash for having a cool car.

Wazza

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: