Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2006, 01:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default R.i.p Bear. 13/12/2006

If any one new the old RC sports cars, then they knew bear, he passed away today, he was the most worm, loving and best natured Rotty that anyone would have found. He was always called Ilean, due to that if you entered the factory, he would make his presence known by leaning up against you.

He will very sorely missed.

A true friend.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

several of us are with you. lost our dear old dog, Dottie, last Friday. Ron61 lost his dear little dog yesterday, as well.
Losing a beloved pet is terribly sad.
They ARE sorely missed, aren't they.

prayers are with you!
Kristen
Old 12-14-2006, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Venom.

I feel for ya...been reliving this every day for over 3 months. We put our oldest Rottie, Heidi, down Sep 27 after a 7 month battle with bone cancer.

We found out on Valentine's Day, amputated her front leg shortly thereafter and did 6 chemo sessions. But unfortunately, another tumor was found on her spine and we had no choice.

She was a Therapy Dog, certified through St. Hubert's and the Delta Society, she visited Nursing Homes and was involved in a reading program for children. We miss her everyday, but feel blessed for the additional 7 months we had. She fooled us all after the surgery, was still full of love and gave more of herself to others even though her body was failing her.

Rotties get a bad rap, they are Gentle Giants, love those that love them. You have been blessed to have owned such a loving dog and that is what will keep you going.

Best of Luck. I miss Heidi every day and have tears in my eyes just writing about it now.

John
Old 12-14-2006, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Compomotive. 351w, close ratio four speed, live axle, 4wdb.
Not Ranked     

Two weeks ago I had to put our rott to sleep. Old age and liver/kidney problems did him in.
He was with our family for almost 10 years. Never a problem, never bit anyone,
did his job...protecting my family and my home up to the day we let him go.
A great pup and a really good friend. I will really miss him.

Mark
Old 12-14-2006, 10:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 482 Shelby / TKO 600
Not Ranked     

I lost two Rotties within a month, both to cancer. Rotties are the best family pet if brought up in the right conditions. I am sure you dog was wonderful. I hope you guys will be alright.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CACC Member. Power Performance, 2X4's, 428
Not Ranked     

My sincere condolences. People who have never had a dog in the family just don't understand the loss. They truly are like having children.
Larry
Old 12-15-2006, 05:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4995, Keith Craft built 427 SO
Send a message via MSN to 427SnakeSC Send a message via Yahoo to 427SnakeSC
Not Ranked     

My thoughts are with you. I had to do the same this summer and now I am looking to do it again with one of my Shepards. Hang in there, takes a long time to get over this.
"The 427 Cobra is easily the highest performance car ever sold for street use. A decent 427 - not the worst, not the best, will go from zero to 100 mph and back down again to zero in less than 14 seconds. All thing considered, you can put together a pretty good argument that the 427 Cobra is the ultimate performance car, judged on any basis you want to name." Taken from; Corvette, The Sensuous American

Last edited by 427SnakeSC; 12-15-2006 at 05:20 AM..
Old 12-15-2006, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

We lost our Lab named Bear in July this year and I miss him every day. He was especially protective of my girls (wife, daughters, and granddaughter). He seemed to know when I was out of town because he would sleep by our bedroom window while I was gone. Friendly to everyone but on several occassions he would place himself between a strange and my wife or daughter. Never needed a leash on walks.

My sympathies fo out to you and your family.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 12-15-2006, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics, 351C/T-5 trans. Guardsman Blue
Not Ranked     

So sorry to hear about your loss!! My wife and I were devestated when our "Bear" passed away several years ago. He wasn't a Rottie, but he was a "Gentle Giant" St. Bernard. We now have two new St. Bernards who are quite fantastic in their own way, BUT no dog will ever be able to replace Bear! Again, sorry you have to suffer through this horrible loss!!

Ron: I am also VERY saddened to hear about your loss!!

Last edited by Jim Barnett; 12-15-2006 at 05:25 AM..
Old 12-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Venom,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I had to have my older little Pom put to sleep on Wednesday the 13th and it almost killed me. But she was 14 1/2 and her kidneys were starting to shut down along with numerous other body failures and I just couldn't let her suffer. You have my sympathy and will be in my prayers. This won't be a really happy holiday season for several of us.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-17-2006, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thank you all for hart felt wishes; it is truly inspiring that there are so many nice people out there.

After reading your stories about your pets (kids), Lisa and myself were moved to tears (and boy it's hard to get a tear from the woman), it really makes you more fully aware as to love that a family has for there pets.

Again thank you all.
Have a Marry Christmas and have a happy New Year
Old 12-18-2006, 12:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

venom0427

Sorry to hear about the old dog. Whilst I never had the opportunity to see the Rotty I can fully understand your families feeling for your friend and companion.

Hope you guys have a good Christmas and keep the bones for him he will be looking for them - from 'up there' no doubt...

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026