Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2006, 03:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush fibreglass body and chassis, running stage2 302 cleveland on LPG.
Not Ranked     
Default superior bodies

Hi all, I'm new here and only came looking because I heard there was a thread that interested me, but unfortunately I cant find it. It was the Classic Revival Vs Homebush thread and I dont know how old it is. Well without seeing the comments I would like to add my 2 cents worth. For my money I'd go with the Homebush any day. When the manufacturer hands u a hammer and says go ahead hit my car, that sold me and it was the best decision I made considering I had spent 3 years researching all the Australian manufacturers including Classis and DRB. What interested me in Homebush was seeing a bit in Wheels stating that in their opinion Homebush had the closest to original body out of all of the cars they looked into. After meeting Mr Crane and discussing the car I happily handed over the check when ordering. Mr Crane's after sales service is first rate and second to none, personal alterations and the odd stuff up when drilling were happily repaired. I have personally worked on a number of his cars and all of the owners are very happy with having a Homebush . When having my car sprayed recently it only required minimal bog. The only car I have heard off needing a large amount of bog was some fool in Victoria who took to his car with a sander and took the rolls off the tops of his guards so off course they had to be rebuilt. As a rule none of the Homebush cars seem to need large amounts of bog, it just depends on how careful the owners are in their building, as I had no problem putting mine together, it was almost as easy as mechano kits.I have happily recomended Homebush to people interested in building a cobra and that includes friends (so it is not done lightly . If you are considering a kit, personel research is essential not just hear say on web sites. Seeing the car in the raw is the only way to see what you get, such as finished lips on guards and inner guards in the motor bay. Women research well before we spend money.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Welcome to the mad house Asp302.

I must say I find Brian a very pleasant fellow. I've not seen any of his cars so I can't comment but I have purchased a hard top from him for my RMC and I must say the transaction went off without any concerns.

The hard top is well laminated and has plenty of glass in the laminate so I am real happy with the thing.

Real nice fella to do business with.

Cheers
Old 12-16-2006, 12:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush fibreglass body and chassis, running stage2 302 cleveland on LPG.
Not Ranked     

Hey Rebel thx for the welcome. Yeh Brian's glass is first rate. I have one of his hard tops too, very easy to fit and to make a clipping system for.
Have a good one.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival. 6 litre Chev
Not Ranked     

Rebel/Asp,

I will be purchasing a Homebush hard top real soon from Brian and was wondering what you guys did for side windows.

Also did you use Brians rear window......have been looking at glass from a Mazda MX5 ...probably wont fit but just eyeballing it I reckon its got to be close....but close is not good enough.

Asp , I do like the look of the Homebush shape and reckon Bernie Knights example is spot on.

Regards,

Phil
Old 12-31-2006, 09:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Phil, well havent looked into a side window system yet, but will consult with our trimmer to see what he can come up with in the way of removable curtains (easier to store than hard windows on runners). We used Brian's rear window which fits perfectly and he can do them in tinted or clear.

Last edited by Asp302; 12-31-2006 at 09:53 PM..
Old 12-31-2006, 11:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Phil....I am waiting on an email from Europa regarding their sliding tracks for Cobra hard tops.

Mind you, If I use their tracks I'd have to remould the hardtop window cut outs to suit.

The back window I am changing....I'm going the wrap around route like Cameron Parsons car.

Means making a mold for the window though.

Cheers
Old 01-01-2007, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

And there's one in my garage and I'm happy.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 01-02-2007, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Asp302, Rebel1,

Thanks for the replies.

Rebel, I like Camerons set up as well as it gets rid of a big blind spot. Maybe Brian might be interested in the larger rear window....I know i would be. What would the set up costs be for the mould?

Regards,

Phil
Old 01-02-2007, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush. Lexus quad cam V8, R154 Supra box. Oh what a feeling.
Not Ranked     

Phil,

I think if you gave Brian a call and told him the design you wanted he would do it for you with no extra charges.

Brett

Proud member of the Bclub Central Coast chapter
Old 01-02-2007, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Phil, To make a mould for forming a wider rear window would be much easier if Brian made it. A bit of labour but not a terribly expensive exercise.

Apart from the blind spot issue is that the window Brian supplies does make the interior a bit claustrophobic. Also Brian has no provision for side windows.

It must be kept in mind that the fitting of a hard top is not just a bolt on exercise. Every car is different. By that I mean even cars from the same manufacturer will be different. Different screen angles require some re-working of the front of the hard top. I also note different screen suppliers have a slightly different curve to the screen which forces a re-work of the hard top.

But...as long as the major requirements are in place..ie the rear window and the side windows then the exercise is no-where near as involved.

I have extensive fiberglassing experience so I was willing to make the changes I wanted.

However if Brian addressed the side and rear window issues then I'm sure he would sell more hard tops.

I am really pleased with how mine is panning out. The Homebush hard top has an excellent basic shape to it. From the back of the car it does not look as bulbous as some hard tops. In fact it has a chopped sort of appearance which fits the overall look of the cobra much better than the more rounded/bulbous types. It has also cleared my roll bar which is a full width bar but fairly low at 300mm above the rear deck in the center.

Cheers
Old 01-02-2007, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rebel,

Thanks for your thoughts. I tried Brians top for size and look about 18 months ago and was very happy with the overall appearance.

Brian is a pretty helpful sort of guy so I'll see what he can do with a wider window.

Regards,

Phil
Old 01-09-2007, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeh Phil if u really are interested in one of Brian's tops call him and get him to make it to your specs.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Phil, If Brian does agree to develop a mold for a wrap around rear window I'd buy one.

The window that is....not the mold.

Will save me making a mold.

Cheers

Last edited by Rebel1; 01-09-2007 at 07:55 PM..
Old 01-09-2007, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush. Lexus quad cam V8, R154 Supra box. Oh what a feeling.
Not Ranked     

Guys,

I was speaking to Brian yesterday and mentioned that there is some interest in larger rear windows for his hardtops. He said that whatever shape or size window that is required then he can make it.
He also said that he uses a new supplier for rear windows and this guy will make it to any size required.
Brett

Proud member of the Bclub Central Coast chapter