Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2007, 03:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCC
Hey Les,

I'm working on the Bundamba Recycling Sewage Project and as you have shown such an interest in your own urine I'll make an extra effort to ensure what you drink is of an acceptable standard to you "Northerners". Shouldn't require too much work considering what you drink now

Excellent pics and obviously the day was enjoyed by all. Beats re-fitting a timber caravan out!!!
Sheez Pete, Thank gawd it's the Bundamba recycling plant ya working on, that'll be for you "southerners). Dont want any of your "leftovers" on the northside thanks.

This recycling thing has me buggered. The pine dam is not too far from me and the spillway empties into the south pine river which is tidal and salt.

Why can't they just put a de-salination plant downstream of the spillway and pump the fresh stuff back. All this piping of recycled stuff is complex and gotta cost a heap of taxpayers cash.

Ohhhhhhh, by the way, we only allow glass or aluminium caravans on the Northside.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

I had a ball. Did some marshalling, worked on the start line, kept myself busy enough all day.

Also took my partner for a flog around the short track in the number 47 harrison. She seemed to be very glad to get out.

My brother also took me for a quick ride. Didn't seem like he held back much, lets just say that life was really interesting for a few moments there.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrisons # 62 302 T5
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT
Also took my partner for a flog around the short track in the number 47 harrison. She seemed to be very glad to get out.
Craig

How is her neck? I watched you from the start line. That clutch is awefully quick!!!

GeoF
Old 02-11-2007, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07cob
Craig

How is her neck? I watched you from the start line. That clutch is awefully quick!!!

GeoF
Yeah, Lee did complain about that. Wasn't the best launch. Nothing subtle about that clutch, you've just got to drop it. The new lightened flywheel is also causing havoc with the idle as well, lack of most of the time, so all up a pain to get moving. My brother also made a mess of getting the car moving when it was my turn as passenger, so glad I wasn't the only one.

The clutch is great out on the track though, gear changes are a snap though, you just don't realise how soggy & slow normal clutches are. Lee also complained about when the car came on boost. My brother doesn't have that problem, he just keeps it on boost all the time.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking What a great Day!

HI all... Well what a great day! I managed to do about 25 odd laps and use 50 litres of fuel! No I don't have a leak but 8Tb's are thirsty when your pushing the go peddle to the floor all the time! I really enjoyed "trying" to keep up with the fast guys...Wazza, Pete, Ash, Paul, Ivye (Spell) and Co but was really only a little spec in their rear view mirrors. I had a ball running behind Ozvenom (aka OB1 to me) learning about the Morgan Parks race lines. It all takes time and practice but I am learning! The car had a few little selector issues which I am guessing the clutch needs a blead but aside from that it went great! The only down side was it was a hot day and I have no doubt in winter it would be even more enjoyable. Got a few showers driving up and a few coming back but the NEW BLING TRAILER worked a treat and A/C, SADE and the comfy confines of my ute made for a lovely relaxing trip!

Thanks to everyone for giving me advice on the day. I am keen to learn and I soak up all the offers of help and advice. Special thanks to Wazza Club Pres and Warwick for organising and also to Scotty for teaching the novice a few more tricks...

SpookyPT

P.S. Karen sorry for being so rude and not saying goodbye. Was great seeing you and Phil up here and we all know that it was a NSW stealth mission to see how us QLD's do it up here! Phil, take it easy mate and enjoy all that healthy food!!! See you both again real soon!

P.S.S. Thanks also in advance to Chris and Ivye (spell) from the wonderful PITSTOP LODGE for putting me up and building Scotty his own sleeping 1/4's for the next trip... Nuff said on that one!

P.S.S.S. Anyone keen for a new trophy class at the Nats this year. Best tow rig and TRAILER! Come on I have a chance at winning this one!!!????

Last edited by spookypt; 02-11-2007 at 10:42 PM..
Old 02-11-2007, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Matt, great post really sounds like you had a great time.

I hope Phil and Karen enjoyed their visit up here to check out us Queenslanders.

Now Matt, what's this about sleeping quarters for Scotty. Was he in the dog house..........again?. I did give a hint in a previous post about the Abby of the roses but I don't think Scotty would have got a good nights sleep in an old nunnery.

Sounds like it was a great day.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default the dog house

Les, lets just say that my good mate Scotty has special sleeping requirements....

He tends to let everyone know throughout the night that he is sleeping VERY soundly while we all stay awake listening!

God bless him....

SpookyPT
Old 02-11-2007, 09:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ahhhhhhhhh, gotcha Matt..........take pegs and a cork next time mate.

Use either at whatever end need attention
Old 02-11-2007, 09:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     

Les,

A Desal Plant is $800 Mil plus whereas a Recycle Plant is only $150 Mil. Also Desal's are expensive to run.

Apologies for misdirecting this thread, but you got to keep the taxpayer happy.

Cheapest water option - A Dam, but reliant upon rain
Most expensive option - A Desal Plant - ask the Arab's.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Australia, Bullet Proof Windsor
Not Ranked     

Guttered i missed out next time

looks like loads of fun had by all.

Barker
Old 02-11-2007, 10:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well bugga, there ya go.....ain't this place great.

I'm learning the cost of global warming to our water supply and Matt is learning he needs noise control for Scotty.

No wonder the EPA are stuffing around with our hobby.

Now, uncle Pete. I don't mind if you southsiders have to part with $800 mil to build a desal plant near a northside dam.

After all we (read Northsiders) do share OUR very precious water with you. If we didn't have to then we would have heaps.

You guys can fight over what little is left in the Leslie Harrison Dam.

Apologies for the highjack, but Uncle Pete started it.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     

Now Les - only facts should be reported on this Forum................

Leslie Harrison is approx 60% full and Stradbroke is 90%+.

Both dams serve the Redlands only and we can still wash our cars with a hose pipe every other day (not that a Cobra takes too much anyway).

I'm afraid we don't drink your water Les (don't want to have our brains puddled).

Like a little England - we are self sufficient - Shall we move onto Cricket???

Matt, back to the thread..............

That car of yours certainly looks as though its had some serious buffing - did Scotty do that for you??
Old 02-11-2007, 11:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oi Uncle Pete, putting aside our debate regarding the Stradbroke and Leslie Harrison Lap pools I can reflect on your comments referring to Matt's beast.

I had the pleasure of seeing it in the flesh the last two breakfasts and I must say it looks an absolute treat. All shiny black/gold and a credit to Matt and Scotty.

It looks somewhat sinister and I described it to Matt as looking like a mafia getaway car.

Suits the gold coast region I guess
Old 02-12-2007, 03:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default Bloody long way

Guys,
Arrived home earlier this afternoon.

We had a great time, a few days on the gold coast, good food, good company and some car racing. It was sad as we got closer to home and the phone began to ring, the holiday is over.

Craig thanks for minding baby for us, felt bad getting you back so late. Thanks for helping rewireing the trailer brakes, needed those on the way back.

Thankyou Queenslanders for letting us join in the fun, I like Willowbank and was blown away when Warren steps out of his car after a run with no shoes on, 100% Queenslander. Love it.

I took it easy at the drags didn't want to break anything, but still cooked the clutch

Yve and Chris, what a beautiful place you have. It was easy to see that you guys have a great time there, thanks for your hospitality.

Scott, I am suprised you are still alive
Thanks for taking the cobra for a spin, good advise.

Morgan Park, excellent track would love to get more laps sometime soon.

Matt, would you enter your trailer as "street class" or "show class"

Queenslanders thanks again for taking the time with us, we will be back.

Phil
Old 02-12-2007, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Phil, to increase the odds you tell me what class your entering your trailer in and I will go the other... Mine is shiny but yours is BLACK and shiny!!!!

SpookyPT

And Les and Pete.... The chances of Scotty buffing my paint work is 1 in a million.....although he does have a soft spot for it I must admit! It "was" his baby you know....