Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC 302 Windsor Supra 5 speed Jag Suspension
Not Ranked     

This is the "traditional" jag rear end in an RMC with shortened driveshafts to allow for dished wheels

These are australian produced 5 stud Halibrand replica wheels for those of us can't afford the real thing. (I am envious of your wheels Plums)

justcobra likes this.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.L.
Plums,

That is exactly the type of look that I am after. Where did you get those Halibrands from?.
They are Vintage Wheels. Knock-off wheels with an adaptor. See http://www.vintagewheelsus.com They are truly beautiful quality wheels in the flesh.

To fit any of those wheels you need a car that can fit deep dish wheels. e.g. Harrison do a special fabricated independent rear etc to fit. Others like G Force, RMC etc should be able to squeeze them in. 17" versions(plums) have better backspacing(half inch extra) than the original looking 15" versions.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force kit, LS1, 4L60, 4.09 LSD... Gone to Queensland!!!
Not Ranked     

They are a very nice wheel, I am very impressed with the quality!!!!

The G-Force has the standard 56 inch (I think) track, which is supposed to be what the original cars ran. I did get the rear-end shortened by 20mm per side though, this did make these wheels fit slightly better, but was more to enable the drag rubber and wheels that I wanted to run....

The wheel centre colour is the standard "some name" grey.......
Old 07-30-2007, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Anyone looking for Halibrand style wheels for a Harrison should consider Millaz Wheels here in Melbourne. Not cheap at $3500 for the set but they will tack the centres in at your requested offsets and allow you to trial fit before sending them back for completion. I've got a PDF file if anyone is interested - send me your email address because I can't email file attachments from this forum.

Millaz Wheels
03 9725 2266

Last edited by sambo; 07-30-2007 at 04:08 PM..
Old 07-30-2007, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Out of interest - what is the approx front space (wheel edge to mounting face) on the standard Skyline rear in the harrison?

Cheers
Old 07-30-2007, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

Hi T.L.

Here's another shot of deep rear wheels on my RCM (not be be confused with RMC )

RCM is also based in Melbourne if that helps you.

Cheers
Old 07-30-2007, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison build #98 with Supercharged 6.2L of Chev Power, TKO600 5 speed gearbox
Not Ranked     

Nassty (Al,)

The RCM (not RMC), how do you find that kit, okay and the support is good?. Being a local supplier I guess it would be good for me to drop in on them and say hello. They are down Blackburn Rd aren't they?.

TL.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Personally I would go see Doug Pearce to see the difference between kits.

The RCM is one of the cheapest, but compared to something like a Harrison, requires a lot more work to finish. Depends really what you are after. Having a local kit has it's advantages.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.L.
Nassty (Al,)

The RCM (not RMC), how do you find that kit, okay and the support is good?. Being a local supplier I guess it would be good for me to drop in on them and say hello. They are down Blackburn Rd aren't they?.

TL.
Yeah, in Blackburn which is really handy for me.

RCM have recently got new molds that are now very clean. The old mold which I've got required more work but both are an excellent shape in my opinion. The chassis is similar to an RMC with shortened Jag front and rear ends and weighs about 1200kg when finished. At the Nats, RCMs have won trophies but then again so has every other kit manufacturer. Customer service is excellent, no question goes unanswered. The only thing to consider is that RCM is a hobby business. The owner has a day job so things do take longer than a full time manufacturer. The kit is also very hands on but then again it's also cheaper and frankly it isn't too hard to do. To date I think they're about 90 kits on the road.

I'd suggest to trek up to the Nats before you buy and then you can get up close to all the different kits and suss out the differences between them. The Nats are just around the corner, end of September.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Hey Plums,
I think your side pipes are on back to front.