Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Stone Guards - Harrison - Wanted! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/81247-stone-guards-harrison-wanted.html)

spookypt 08-07-2007 11:05 PM

Stone Guards - Harrison - Wanted!

Hey all.... A looooong shot! I need a pair of stone gaurds (rear gaurd deflector) for my Harrison. I have spoken to Don at SNAKEBITE but his maker is no longer doing them and he is yet to find anyone else who does.

He is so busy with other stuff.......

I need some!!!!! :CRY:

Does anyone have any sitting on their shelf that they don't need for a while!!! It poo's me that I can only source this part from one supplier.... SB don't have any and can't tell me when they might!!!

Any alternatives................ quickly!!

Can anyone help????? (I'll bet ya's all a carton knowone can!!!) :(

SpookyPT

400TT 08-07-2007 11:16 PM

What about black leather ones, they are all the trend in the US. They attach to your soft top mount and then use two press clips under the wheel arch to attach. Felt backed, removed when you wash the car etc.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...m/HPIM0512.JPG

You could also use 3M clear stick-on material if you don't already have too many chips. Or black stick-on material if you have chips. Or static cling.

400TT 08-07-2007 11:18 PM

Ooops, I seem to have posted twice.

spookypt 08-07-2007 11:23 PM

Stone Guards

Craig, that does look rather cool and retro BUT I wanted the polished stainless for the BLING (Don't say a word OzVenom). It just makes a nice compliment to the other chrome bits......

I'll keep thinking!!!

PCC 08-07-2007 11:57 PM

G-Force has them for $350 a pair.

If they don't fit, get Scotty to reshape them.

No doubt he would laugh his socks off at you for being a "Bling Merchant":D

400TT 08-07-2007 11:58 PM

It would be really interesting to know how much the shape varies from Harrison. Don used to sell at least 3 different shapes.

Tenrocca 08-08-2007 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400TT

Mmmmmmm...Taupe :)

demicobra 08-08-2007 12:59 AM

I`ve got a pair for a DRB

I flared my rear guards to get the 335`s under &
the set I have, don`t fit anymore.

If you ask Don, if they are similar enough, maybe you
can modify them.

Regards

Nick

stephen low 08-08-2007 04:49 AM

Dem ledda thingys remind me of cowboys chaps.

Perhaps the owner is a cheerful chappy too?!!?

Dang it Judd an I jus came from a school production / rendition of Oklahoma too, true jinxs yaoul!

Cameron Parsons 08-08-2007 05:25 AM

Spookster,

use 3M until you find an alternative... I have used it for a few years and it works out OK.

When you drive, just make sure there is a drop dead stunner in the passenger seat and no one will notice the shiny bits are missing.

Cameron

Bryan Wilson 08-08-2007 06:49 AM

Rear wheel arch spats

Mine came from Cobra spares England
Cheers,
Bryan

spookypt 08-08-2007 03:28 PM

Thanks everyone!
Nick, I'll speak to Don today and see what he says...if its a possibility I'll definately PM you!
Cam, I have the 3M product on already and it has "saved" the paint but detracts a bit from the overall. I do have the hot chick too so I am doing my best!!! :-)
Bryan, thanks another option worth considering. Was hpoing for stainless but hey at this stage I'll take what I can get!
Craig, I emailed GForce to see what they have and their opinion on compatability. Waiting for a response!

Thanks again. SpookyPT!

Blair 08-08-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demicobra
I flared my rear guards to get the 335`s under &
the set I have, don`t fit anymore.

I reckon if you joined both rear chrome spats together you still wouldn't cover one side!!!:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

1985 CCX 08-08-2007 05:32 PM

Aluminum spats can be purchased by a guy that makes them on FFR site. He makes them custom to you car.

spookypt 08-08-2007 11:21 PM

guards

Nick, spoke to Don today. DRB's won't fit!! :mad:
3M product - already use it. HATE IT!!!:JEKYLHYDE
Bryan, taccording to Don these won't fit either!:CRY:
Craig, according to Don these won't fit either!:CRY:

Dissappointed and over it!!!!!

SpookyPT

Cameron Parsons 08-08-2007 11:24 PM

A suggestion Spook,

Mike Wilson made me a set in Carbon Fiber for my last car, would also look the goods on yours.

Cameron

stephen low 08-08-2007 11:25 PM

Better try the leather option then!!?!

spookypt 08-08-2007 11:39 PM

Hmmm Cam... That's an option! Ol Mikes a wiz on the f/glass front!

What about paint on stone guard???? I have my sills done in it! Ya reckon that high mightn't look to crash hot! Not sure about Carbon Firbre though...

Good thinking though Cam!

Rebel1 08-09-2007 12:00 AM

Psssssst Mr. Spooky, guess who has a set of stainless ones for an RMC wot aren't needed right away?.

But will be needed in about 3 months.....c'mon....guess :p

spookypt 08-09-2007 12:06 AM

Rebel1....they may as well be for Carroll Shelby's himself as MR RMC chrome blingers won't fit this little harrisons wood duck!

Now if they were for a Harrison I'd have nicked them already. The last time I was over chatting up your lovely daughter she showed me them.... Geez they were cold on my bare bum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehe :-)

You'll be happy to know that your daughter is safe now!! I've been tamed by a princess!!! Or maybe I've corrupted one! Yeah that sounds more likely!

P.S. Your not telling me your threatening to finish that boat of yours are you???? I know who has a really nice windscreen?????????????????

he he he

SpookyPT