Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 1999, 302w
Not Ranked     
Default Transferring rego from Qld to NSW?....

Hi All,

Just wondering what the criteria are for transferring rego from Qld to NSW. I'm selling the Cobra and have a couple of NSW bidders interested but they're concerned about registering the car in their own state. It's currently fitted with a 5litre windsor carbed engine.
Cheers
Dave
Old 10-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

this link seems to have the appropriate info for your prospective NSW customers.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/rego_new.html

in relation to Second-hand vehicles currently or previously registered interstate

Quote:
Second-hand vehicles currently or previously registered interstate.

To register a second-hand vehicle that is currently or was previously registered interstate, you will need to attend a motor registry in person and provide:

Proof of your identity or, if registering the vehicle in the name of a company or organisation, proof that the company or organisation is a legal entity (see related link above right).
A representative’s authority if the vehicle is being registered in the name of a company or other organisation. For a company, the Director or an authorised delegate must complete and sign the Representative’s section on the Application for Registration form or provide a letter of authorisation on company letterhead. In the case of an incorporated association, the public officer must sign. In all cases, the authorised representative must provide proof of their identity. A representative’s authority may also be supplied for new vehicles registered in the name of a person.
A representative’s authority cannot be supplied if you are registering the vehicle in the name of a person, you must attend the motor registry yourself. If the vehicle is being registered in joint names, one person may authorise the other to attend on their behalf (as long as the person who is not attending is recorded on the RTA computer system).
Proof of acquisition (eg a receipt for purchase of the vehicle, certificate of registration signed by the previous registered operator/s of the vehicle, or the previous certificate of registration in the same name if coming from interstate).
Proof of your residential address (see related link above right).
A valid Compulsory Third Party insurance policy – also known as a green slip - in hard copy format with the number plate section blank (not required for trailers).
Your interstate number plates – you’ll have to surrender your interstate plates before you’ll be given NSW plates.
An inspection report – also known as a blue slip – from an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Station (AUVIS). For AUVIS fees, see Vehicle Inspectors Bulletin 18 available from the related link above right.
A completed Application for Registration form (see RTA Forms at the bottom of this page).
Evidence of eligibility for any pensioner or other concessions (see related links to Pensioner concessions and Apprentice registration rebate above right).
An engineer’s certificate if the vehicle has been modified beyond the ‘owner-certified’ level or is an Individually Constructed Vehicle (ICV).
Evidence of repair if the vehicle has been a repairable write-off (eg letters or receipts from repairers and a written off vehicle report from AUVIS).
Payment for registration, including registration fee, motor vehicle tax (or national heavy vehicle charges as applicable), stamp duty if applicable plus the applicable number plate fee.
All vehicles presented in order to establish registration (including interstate and imported vehicles) may require an additional inspection by the RTA's Vehicle Identification Inspection Unit (VIIU). You will be notified at the time of registration if your vehicle requires an inspection. Vehicles requiring a VIIU inspection are subject to inspection fees.
Much easier to find a Victorian Customer, they'd only need proof that it was registered in another state.

Good luck with your auction

LoBelly
Old 10-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

When i bought mine from qld i had to get an engineers report as the original engineer wasn't registered in nsw
Old 10-15-2007, 02:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 1999, 302w
Not Ranked     

it sounds to me like it's just going to be too much hassle for NSW buyers... stupid really.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:12 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You need to check to see if your original engineer is registered in nsw with rta, i think they have a list on their web site from memory