Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 03:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM
Not Ranked     
Default Tyre Question

Hi Guys Was wondering if anybody has used Jetzon Avenger Tyres from the USA they have all the right markings; speed rating H and DOT AND E marked just not sure on QUALITY any info would be great 295X50X15 REGARDS HISSIN
Old 10-15-2007, 06:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     
Default I've seen something similar...

Hello Hissin

I have the Revenger GT - Did a search but I haven't been able to find any Avenger 'tires' unless by Mastercraft.

In a previous post I said that my Jetzons were T rated, but upon checking I see that the 235/60 15s are T rated and the 295/50 15s are S rated.

So far they seem to be holding up well - give plenty of notice before letting go in the dry.

However, they're the first set I've had on this car and I expect that they're really aimed at heavier muscle cars.

got mine from http://www.chapelcornertyres.com/ - Inkerman St., St Kilda

LoBelly
Old 10-16-2007, 12:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks LoBelly my mistake revenger is the name but the tyre guy tells me they are H rated Regards HISSIN
Old 10-16-2007, 02:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: King Cobra, QLD - 347 windsor
Not Ranked     
Default What rims ?

Hey there Lo Belly

What kind of rims are they in the photo

"I Like" and I'm starting to get close to that time.

Hogster
Old 10-16-2007, 06:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Glad to be of assistance

Maybe I read the tyre specs wrong - I'm never really sure what those numbers mean

http://www.jetzontire.com/theline/product.asp?id=11

Hogster

The wheels are 'Challenger' by Performance Alloy Wheels - they are a continuation/copy of the 'Globe' or 'Daytona' used on some of the GT Falcons.

I quite like them because to me they say Ford, but ironically Ford was 'inspired' by the Ferrari Daytona according to this website:
http://www.aus-ford-uk.co.uk/html/wheels.html
(I have posted that link before, you have to scroll down about 5/8th of the page to get to the bit about the Bathurst Globes).

To save you some clicks here are the images
Bathurst Globe

Ferrari Daytona Front Wheel

Ferrari Daytona Rear Wheel

link to the page showing the available sizes:
http://www.performancewheels.com.au/...s_classic.asp#

They're in SA and don't retail, however when I rang them they told me where a nearby retailer was.

They offer steel inserts (washers) for the nuts to tighten on. From memory the 15x10s you see pictured were approx $256.00 ea.

Because they're cast you don't get much (if any) choice of backspace but fortunately mine were fine for my RMC with Jag rear.

good luck

LoBelly
Old 10-18-2007, 02:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Lo Belly once again another mistake the tyre guy got back to me , he passed on the wrong info. The tyres are only T rated . trying to bring Yokohamas in from japan hope this works this time the tyre sizes are 15X10 15X8 295X50X15 225X60X15 regards hissin
Old 10-18-2007, 03:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival.
Not Ranked     

Hi Hissin,

Just purchased a set of Yokies last week, last ones around I think. There are 20 x 295/50/15's on a ship from Japan due in start of November, 225's are in stock at Yokohama.
There are other H rated tyres around such as Hankook, Avon and Toyo but may have trouble matching tread pattern.

Cheers,
Dale.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Hi Guys,

A bit off the subject, but would appreciate any help if possible.
Went chasing some tyres for my Cobra, after sending ( Well almost) my current tyres to heaven at a Corvette/ Cobra Indy Gymkhana here last Sunday.

Went to Bob Jane and others, and found my main problem to be that I have 16 inch wheels.
(R.O.H. Three piece 16 X 8 )
Bottom line is that I've found what look to be pretty good tyres, at a very good price at a U.S.A. Dealer "TIRERACK"

YOKOHAMA Avid V4s 225/55/VR16 @$95 each
YOKOHAMA Avid V4s 255/50/VR16 @$153 each
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Model=AVID+V4S

The problem I had , is that when I tried to follow my nose on the site to get a set flown over, I get to the point where it asks for my Zip Code, and won't let me take the order any further.

Do I just e-mail direct...or phone them...or is there a way around this glitch so that I can complete the order?

Any of you guys dealt with Tirerack before?...and maybe could help me with this?

Many Thanks,

Warren Boylan.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Wazza - email this bloke:

Justin McNaughton The Tire Rack [Justin@tirerack.com]

Tell him what you need and he should send you back a a total with freight. Freight on mine was 224 USD

Cheers

They only take AMEX or bank transfer though (which I think costs about $15-$30, but the currency conversion fee on the Credit card is not too far short of that anyway)
Old 10-18-2007, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Looks like I fixed the problem.

Picked up the phone and rang direct, got a really helpful chap "Doc", and we have arranged to order via e-mail, and payment by direct deposit to their account.
(They don't take credit card payment for some reason....international fraud I guess )

Thanks anyway,

Regards,

Warren
Old 10-18-2007, 08:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Those Tirerack guys are good to deal with.
Mmmmm.....dollar at 90 cents.........Christmas present to self?????
Old 10-19-2007, 09:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison supercharged
Send a message via MSN to hsv300 Send a message via Skype™ to hsv300
Not Ranked     

Got mine about a month ago from Tire Rack 245/45R 17 & 315/35 17. I spoke to Fred great guy answered all my questions and only took a week to get here.