Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 09:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival Kobra,LS7 427
Not Ranked     

Paul
It depands on how often you will modify the engine. Most people install the engine and leave it alone. 08? The LS3 will be available then and will give you what you want with no mods. Unless you are changing cams etc the only ECU tuning is setting it up for the Cobra. Get a crate motor from the US with all the bits ie loom,ecu,starter,alt etc it will be cheaper and easier than getting bits from Holden.
Look at the LS7 its hard to beat with the dollar so high. mafless tune will give you 550HP on unleaded and pass emissions std cam etc.
Also make sure you get a loom with the T56 connected. dont get the corvette loom.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

if u have no ls1 parts to start with do not go l76 with ls1 ecu

l76 ecu is way more smarter just the software needs catchin up
it will get there

if u get something thats a complete kit it jsut makes it less stressful

lik ewhich parts to get

and if something goes wrong what do u do
if u have to take it to a mechanic to fix they will have no f idea

i wire up conversons everyday so im used to it
but for your joe blow mechanic they have no idea

you have to make it as simple as possible so repair and diagnosis is easy

imagine goin to holden asking for a part and u have a bitsa engine

anyway research price of crate motor very carefully

i get a few emails a month from people asking what goes with what cause they buy stuff and bits are missing and they just spent 800 on an ecu and it doesnt match the engine

i have 5 ls2/l76 looms at home being modified for customers so gettin stuff for them is piss easy

just remember crate motors u only get the motor usually unless u state what u want
and if u buy it from usa there is no proof of what yr getting so double and tripple check

anyway just remember no matter which way u go its not cheap

4 to 5 g for motor then depending where u get the extra bits could be anything up to 4 g getting rest of the bits so motor runs

www.sideshowsperformancewiring.com.au
Old 11-03-2007, 01:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: drb,5.4 ltr,jag f/r
Not Ranked     

can,t beat the blue oval,, acecob,,,,, tell me again ,who ,,,,just won bathurst,,,go ford

he he he he thats right they got quite afew places toooooooooo
Old 11-03-2007, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Come on now you blue oval, anyone who wins Bathurst must be king hic give me another beer, blokes out there. If you could race your best engines etc and not rules goverened boat anchors, Ford Engines would be relegated to insignificance (nice Diff and gearbox though). Holden would be running LS7 type motors and the Nissan would still be kicking everyones butts.
Went to the Australian Hill Climb Nationals today and certainly no Quad Cam blue oval motors present except a little old BDA Motor.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance (AUS 09 or SPF 2792) - LS7 427ci
Not Ranked     

Hey Alfie,

If you're willing, I'd like to speak with you regarding your install...would you send me a PM with contact details?

Regards.....Paul