Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-10-2008, 01:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Garage

SAMBO,

Well done, so its a new place?

STIFFY
Old 05-10-2008, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

You have message Stiffy.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

".......fishing boat..............so you have a twin fishing boat "young Belly"

now your failure" to ask the right question "is complete"

with apologies to George Lucas!
Old 05-16-2008, 05:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Stiffy,
I'm guessing you're a young bloke ( 28 - 36 ) and unmarried. If, like me, you will be unmarried untill you die.... Build that monster dream shed... If you meet the love of your life. you will forefit your life. er shed. You will have to build a beautiful loving Home.
You must have a space for children and wonderful things like swimming pools,spas,trampolines and barbeque areas. Otherwise do up the house, sell it. Do it again.Make some bucks. Find the bird. ( a bit I missed ) and then build the dream house (with special garage). It would be a rare thing to find a woman that would be happy with a top shed. (no on-suite or fully equipped kitchen)<- that's the girly version of a good workshop.
all in good fun. good luck.
My shed is 6 x 9 and it's too small. I've got a 4 post hoist. (most of my mechanic mates have scary stories about 2 post hoists) and lots of junk that can't be thrown out. I don't believe in TV's and games in the shed; they are distractions that waste work time.
A beer fridge is essential. A thinkin drink has produced many fine ideas. A radio is the basic requirement and when mates turn up "with their own beer" for a chat and a bench race, the radio can be turned down. Try and talk to someone with a tv going. Besser bricks are hard to warm and hold the heat (heatsoak) My shed is hardiplank with a cheap ply ( pinewood grain ) lining.It keeps the noise to a minimum and the heat is not a problem. The steel roof has batt insulation. I'm thinking about replacing the shed with a larger one, 7.2 rather than 6 meters wide with a taller wall. I will line the tin walls with batts and cheap pinewood-grain ply. The main modification will be the doors. NO panel lift doors. They take up valuable ceiling / storage space. There is available. . . extra wide roller doors that share a removeable centre track. that is, Open both doors and lift out the central track to make one big wide door opening. No risk of hitting anything on the way out. Air compressor outside in a sebel brick box (lightweight concrete stuff). A decent wet/dry vacuum cleaner up in the roof with a long hose. Buy a cheap phone with an answering machine or caller id. and add a ringer indicator light.( it's amazing how many times people ring when you're making a lot of noise or into something you can't put down.)
Just a few ideas.......Don't put a bed in there ...you tend not to bathe !
Old 05-17-2008, 12:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Rob, The stuff to line the walls with is 19mm yellow tongue flooring. It comes in 3.4m x 900mm sheets and it's fairly waterproof. The tongue and groove means it locks together nice and it's really solid. It's reasonably priced too at about $30 per sheet. I've lined most of my workshop with it and plan to finish off the rest of it over the coming summer.

Cheers

Old 05-17-2008, 12:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Aussie Mike

Hi mate. Yes you spot on with the yellow tongue. I used it to line the garage in the Geelong re - build.

Stiffy there has been a lot of progress since you were here. Particularly in the garage.

I'll post some pictures after Todd is here with his camera..
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 05-17-2008, 12:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

And for all those who want easy DIY, and want high strength, insulation, and sound retention is to use ZEGO.

ZEGO Insulated Concrete Forms -- Ph 1300 13 ZEGO -- Manufacturers and Suppliers Ph 1300 13 9346 - Owner Builders

Whatever wall board you use just glue to the inside of the block. The outside gets finished with reinforced render.

Very green and makes for a great structure. )

Last edited by Rebel1; 05-17-2008 at 12:47 AM..
Old 05-20-2008, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Council

Guy's,

An update,

The planning/building people NOW say that I cannot build to the rear fence line (eventhough there is a 2 meter right of way there) so I will have to come in 2 meters. BUT I can then build across the FULL length of the site 18 Meters. The issue is what to do with the waster 2 meters at the back???

Ideas please....

STIFFY
Old 05-20-2008, 06:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kitty litter.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     
Default lost yard in suburbia

I'd be inclined to put a (neighbour friendly) lean-to on the back after the council have gone away

Something that you can live without in the event that it has to be removed or that can be easily relocated if the council need to get to the easement (mostly they don't)

You could put your compressor(s) or any remnant gardening tools out there
and you can also park some water tanks on it.

I have an easement and that's my plan for 'behind the shed'

LoBelly
Old 05-20-2008, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

My workshop started as 6 meters deep and 9 meters wide. I've got a 3 meter wide easement across the back of my property. Some years later I obtained a build over permit and built an extension on the back of my shed to make it 9 meters x 9 meters.

I still manage to fill it with junk.

Les, I'm really impressed with that ZEGO system. If I was building again I'd use that.

Cheers

Old 05-20-2008, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Richard,

Quote:
Kitty litter.
VERY FUNNY

Lobelly,

Great idea's.... BUT WHAT ARE GARDENING TOOLS?????

STIFFY
Old 05-20-2008, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Talking tick tick tick......

Stiffy

That's where you hang your easy-kneel
Old 05-20-2008, 11:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
Les, I'm really impressed with that ZEGO system. If I was building again I'd use that.

Cheers
Mike, I have a mate who lived in a high set but his wife hated running up and down stairs to tend the kids. He also hated the mortgage on the high set.

So he bought a block of land and he and his brother built a large low set themselves using the Zego. He used steel frame for the roof and for some bedroom walls. They did most of the work themselves only using sub-contractors for the slab, roof sheeting, plumbing and exterior rendering.

He now has no mortgage, a very cool and much better house, and also because of the structure has built the garages to double as a cyclone shelter as he lives in North Queensland. No white ant problems either.

Way cool system and if I need to build again that is what I'd use..

Last edited by Rebel1; 05-20-2008 at 11:41 PM..
Old 05-23-2008, 02:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

WARNING, After reading all garage related stuff I was inspired to research more to enhance my shed "fix" So I started to surf and looked into "Free shed designs " WRONG!
After a new hard drive, new security and web provider I'm back on line....watch out.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Stiffy

You may remember the garage and office under construction when you where down last...

We have made some great progress. New photos in my gallery.

The garage is starting to take shape with the office above..

Yet to be painted. The hoist goes in in the next few weeks. Then it's all the fittings etc.

The office/leisure area above is yet to have the home cinema installed, fridge, shelving, desks etc.

I'll post some pictures as we make progress on the new garage here..
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 05-25-2008 at 03:00 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: