Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 12:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Default Gear Shifter, Hand Brake handle and radio surround back from polishers.

Just a bit of an update. Some before and after photos of my gear selector, hand brake handle and radio surround in their finished condition.

Baz.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Lookin great Baz.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: King Cobra, QLD - 347 windsor
Not Ranked     

What is that weird rectangular hole??

Is it a docking station for an ipod......He he

Looks Great...who did that work for you?
Old 05-11-2008, 04:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Baz, they look terrific. I had no idea you could get the plastic fascia reworked like that.

And from some angles the shifter looks a lot like a certain snake, rearing up for the kill.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Baz looks fantastic, now that's the detail finishes that truly make a difference.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogster View Post
What is that weird rectangular hole??

Is it a docking station for an ipod......He he

Looks Great...who did that work for you?
Hi Hogster,

I take it that your referring to the 'Weird Rectangular Hole' in the front of my Pioneer FH-P4200MP Multi CD control DSP High Power CD/MP3/WMA/Cassette Player with AM/FM Tuner.

A long time ago, we had these strange things called Audio Cassettes, of which I have several hundred. Many of these including Bill Cosby's Cobra Tape 200MPH, will fit into that 'Hole' and together with songs from the 'Beach Boys' will compliment the experience when I eventually get my car finished and I am out cruising the countryside, trying to pick up chicks. Hope my wife doesn't read this thread.

I had to search just about every Vehicle Sound System retailer in Sydney for a quality system that was fitted with a 'Tape Deck' and equipped with enough power to project its decibels over and above the sound of my side pipes, so man, don't knock that 'Weird Rectangular Hole.'

Don't worry. I know you were taking the piss out of me, but I'm an old bloke with old ideas. If you don't believe me, I'll send you a telegram.

I am wrapped in the job that was done on the timber work for the 'cockpit.'

It was done by a 75 year old French Polisher Master Tradesman by the name of Alan Gover. His telephone No in Sydney is (02) 9588-1329 and he lives in Monterey.

He still works 3 days a week for Rolls Royce / Bentley doing restoration and warranty jobs on walnut dashes and interiors. Just mention me or Neil Streeting if you are talking to him, as he will probably wonder why he is becoming so famous. The posted photo's really don't do his work justice.

Regards Baz.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo View Post
Baz, they look terrific. I had no idea you could get the plastic fascia reworked like that.

And from some angles the shifter looks a lot like a certain snake, rearing up for the kill.
Thanks Sambo,

I am so happy with the job that I could pee. Your right. It does look like a rearing cobra. Thanks for the input.

Baz.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post
Baz looks fantastic, now that's the detail finishes that truly make a difference.
Thanks Craig. Coming from you, that's a real compliment. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Baz.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Don't worry. I know you were taking the piss out of me, but I'm an old bloke with old ideas. If you don't believe me, I'll send you a telegram. Regards Baz.
Better yet Baz, send him a telex, that'll really screw him up.

Us ole fellas gotta stick together.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
Better yet Baz, send him a telex, that'll really screw him up.

Us ole fellas gotta stick together.
Thanks for the support Rebel,

My memory is getting a bit vague. You know what it's like for us old folk. Was the Telex the same as the Teleprinter, where you had to cut the tape before feeding it through the machine which would then send it on it's way?

What about those suction machines in the shops where the cashier would roll up the money and place it into a cylinder, seal it and then shove it into a pipe which would suck the cylinder up, all the way to the office where it would be unloaded. I used to have evil thoughts about that system. Thankfully I never had to work in an establishment with that system in place otherwise I may have found myself in a spot of trouble.

Baz.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yep, that was the thing Baz....punched tape ...that was prior to the fax.

Yep, I remember those little cylinders wot sucked ya money away after ya purchased something...got the change the same way.

I used to frequent a store that had them whizzing all over the place.

I was way too young to have those evil thoughts...but then I did lead a very sheltered childhood.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

W.L Ryans (A tool and Hardware store in Melbourne) used to have the casheer in a booth up the top. dockets and money were shuttled back and forth from all over the store up to the casheer on a network of cables. stations at the end of the little "flying foxes" had a bungee cord setup to sling shot them on their way. Salesmen would put the docket and the money in a container attached to the flying fox. Pull the handle to stretch and release the bungee all in one go and off it would go. Your change and reciept returned back down the cable with gravity's assistance. I loved that store and was sad to see it shut down.

Cheers

Old 05-11-2008, 10:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yep, I remember that version too Mike. The suction version was a later technology.

Didn't have kids holding the stores up in those days.....no money was held in the public areas.

In fact it was the march of technology that used to get me in heaps of strife when I was a kid.

don't ask!
Old 05-11-2008, 11:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
W.L Ryans (A tool and Hardware store in Melbourne) used to have the casheer in a booth up the top. dockets and money were shuttled back and forth from all over the store up to the casheer on a network of cables. stations at the end of the little "flying foxes" had a bungee cord setup to sling shot them on their way. Salesmen would put the docket and the money in a container attached to the flying fox. Pull the handle to stretch and release the bungee all in one go and off it would go. Your change and reciept returned back down the cable with gravity's assistance. I loved that store and was sad to see it shut down.

Cheers
You hold your age well Mike. Judging from your photo which forms the header on your threads, you dont look anywhere near 60, let alone 70. It must be in the diet.

Baz
Old 05-12-2008, 12:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I turn the big 40 this year. Ryans only shut down about 10 years back. They had the casheer booth in the early 90's. That was one of the cool things about the place. It was like a step back in time when you walked in the door.

Cheers

Old 05-12-2008, 01:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
I turn the big 40 this year. Ryans only shut down about 10 years back. They had the casheer booth in the early 90's. That was one of the cool things about the place. It was like a step back in time when you walked in the door.

Cheers
Mike,

I knew you weren't 70 or even 60. You'll eventually learn to appreciate my weird sense of humour.

Baz.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     
Default Urology and Cobras

- the other 'happy ending' ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
... you were taking the piss out of me...
... work for the 'cockpit.' was done by a 75 year old French Polisher ...
...I am so happy - that I could pee...
Regards Baz.

Well - there's and alternative cure for a common affliction for old fellas

Thanks for sharing

LoBelly

okay its a bit selective
Old 05-12-2008, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: King Cobra, QLD - 347 windsor
Not Ranked     

Hey Baz,

Going back to the rectangular hole thing, I'm no spring chicken, I still remember sitting there listening to hours and hours of stuff (olds music} playing on the reel to reel, running through a valve amp that I couldn't lift until I was about sixteen, and all of it on "Quadraphonic Stereo" with speakers the size of washing machines. lol

By the way - that amp is as old as me and still going strong, just a bit on the large side for the car.

I am going to run an ipod to RCA jacks, to a power amp and speakers. No head unit - hopefully removes some incentive for undesireables to get into the car. But it does look way good.

Cheers