Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 12:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default Engine sale

Here is one for the darksiders.
http://www.letsgocruisin.com.au/special-offer01.html

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

some info is mising on theparts needed to get it running

i getabout 5 upset customers a week cause they dont realise how much electrical stuff is needed to get them goin

just make sure u get a vz loom with those engines

they forgot to mention auto ecu if goin auto

then if u want tip tronic box its a bigger job

www.sideshowsperformancewiring.com.au
Old 06-10-2008, 04:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Your $hitting me Sidey - dont you just drop em in and they run????? Why didnt you mention this before?
Old 06-10-2008, 04:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Chevy

Sideshow,

Quote:
i getabout 5 upset customers a week cause they dont realise how much electrical stuff is needed to get them goin

I agree, someone on this site I think mentioned that the cost of parts is excessive and its better to get it all at once (if you can afford it) it works out cheaper, I took that advice and am VERY HAPPY I DID.

STIFFY
Old 06-10-2008, 06:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

it depends how high you drop the engne sin from hehehhe

i sell the ecus cheaper than most holden places

and mine come with base tune and security removed

if someone buys complete set from me then they can save moeny compared to buying stuff from here and there

but now im also concentrating on full body looms as they dont cost as much and i can make them t suit the new 6 lts

just got in touch with guy so i can sponsor the nationals again and will donate extra money to these forums

Old 06-10-2008, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Not Ranked     

Sideshow.

I am wondering where the banner add as promised is?

Sure is a great thing all this free advertising.

Cruising in 5th

Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If there was a dedicatd Australian "kit car" site with better features, faster and more reliable I'm sure there would be plenty of Asutralian kit and component suppliers that would sponsor it. Don't forget if people spend a lot of money advertising the cost of goods go up.

It's hard to beat the crate price for those engines, I'm surprised there are not plenty of plug and play aftermarket ecu's and looms for these engines by now.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

i just spoke to craig

he said that i do also help out abit here not like other shops

everyone has been ok boutr it so far except u boxxxxx heaaadddddd

dont get so uptight i have sponsored the nats last yr

and am doin it this year

personally i get one job from this site every 6 months so in reality i dont make money from it

what i do make is good friends from the the people who own cobras that i have already finished or and doing

and if u add up the time i spent and extra stuff i research and do for them then my prices and support is much better than any other shop or business on this site

anyway i will get to it in my own time i dont need no one called boxxxxxx head telling me what to do

anyway ivve had my ***** ill mak esure any questions from boxhead to not answer them

Old 06-10-2008, 09:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

I don't think banner ads would suit sideshow. So I suggested individual sponsorship/donation to the forum. Best to contact Brent and see what he thinks and get all the options.

Last edited by 400TT; 06-10-2008 at 10:18 PM..
Old 06-10-2008, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Point 1, what the hell has Craig got to do with Club Cobra?

Point 2, very childish with your typed responce, and if you ask I am sure you will find I am not the only one.

Point 3, I have helped sponsor it this year too, champ, But I dont go looking to make money out of it or to make a point of it.

Point 3, I know of alot more than just the one job every six months so there is a lie.

Point 4, That is great, I do exactly the same, for free.

Point 5, that is great but still no explenation for the add as promised.

Point 6, From all reports I get, your own time could be a very long time indeed. Dont get me wrong, I hear you do a great job, just not too good at keeping agreed dates and times. Once again we go with the name calling, I suppose I could drop to the same text typing gutter level as yourself, considering sideshow mal is a clowns side kick who is allways getting the crap knocked out of him (but thats not my kind of thing)

Point 7, If I where to ask for your assistance, I know you are a business so I would be happy to pay for your time, (thats how a business makes its money)

Take care and hope to catch up at the Nats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow View Post
i just spoke to craig

he said that i do also help out abit here not like other shops

everyone has been ok boutr it so far except u boxxxxx heaaadddddd

dont get so uptight i have sponsored the nats last yr

and am doin it this year

personally i get one job from this site every 6 months so in reality i dont make money from it

what i do make is good friends from the the people who own cobras that i have already finished or and doing

and if u add up the time i spent and extra stuff i research and do for them then my prices and support is much better than any other shop or business on this site

anyway i will get to it in my own time i dont need no one called boxxxxxx head telling me what to do

anyway ivve had my ***** ill mak esure any questions from boxhead to not answer them

Cruising in 5th

Old 06-10-2008, 09:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am not sure if a banner add can be placed just in one section of this forum, if it can not be then I agree Craig and suggest as you do that a donation would be th enext best thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post
I don't think banner ads would not suit sideshow. So I suggested individual sponsorship/donation to the forum. Best to contact Brent and see what he thinks.

Cruising in 5th

Old 06-11-2008, 01:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289 USRRC #98 The Ken Miles Tribute Car
Not Ranked     

Gee, someone's got their cranky pants on!
Box, get a life and not worry about a small business ( and a bloody good one at what he does ) using the web for what it is. I think there is alot more sh!t going on in this world to worry about than Sideshow trying to help people and get his name out there. I am sure the people who run this forum will decide whether whats right and whats wrong in the advertising side of things.Don't see no donation star beside your name,considering the amount of free info you have probably received over the years.

Cheers
Old 06-11-2008, 03:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ's Snake View Post
Box, get a life and not worry about a small business ( and a bloody good one at what he does ) using the web for what it is. I think there is alot more sh!t going on in this world to worry about than Sideshow trying to help people and get his name out there. I am sure the people who run this forum will decide whether whats right and whats wrong in the advertising side of things.Don't see no donation star beside your name,considering the amount of free info you have probably received over the years.

Cheers
Fair go fellas,

This is not what the Forum is about. It's about getting each others ideas concerning problems and suggestions we all encouter when building Cobras etc..

I find it extemely helpful and thanks to the Forum, I know a lot more than than I did 12 months ago.

Bickering, fighting and insulting each other is not on. Wake up and lets get back to what this is all about.

Baz.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ's Snake View Post

Cheers
BJ,
Thanks for the input, I do have a life and enjoy it immensely.
I think (and this is my own opinion) that it is great to offer help, but when you decide that this is how you are going to make your living ie, charge for your sevices, then you need to pay for the medium that allows you to do so.
Especially since Sideshow has had great pleasure in the past bagging this very same forum for breaking down.
I realise he has said he wants to contribute, but that was back in November last year, still nothing?
As far as the donation thingy beside my name I have indeed donated money in the past (I think it was 2006) as I, like alot of people did infact get a huge amount of help and knowledge from this forum and so felt it only deserving that I donated some money to it. Why the little star is not there I do not know, nor do I care.

Cruising in 5th

Old 06-11-2008, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Fair go fellas,

This is not what the Forum is about. It's about getting each others ideas concerning problems and suggestions we all encouter when building Cobras etc..

I find it extemely helpful and thanks to the Forum, I know a lot more than than I did 12 months ago.

Bickering, fighting and insulting each other is not on. Wake up and lets get back to what this is all about.

Baz.
I agree with you totaly Baz,
I am not the one who started all this, I did simply raise a point that was bought up 7 months ago, a point that was agreed by others.

Cruising in 5th

Old 06-11-2008, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Fair go fellas,

Baz.
I couldnt agree any..........less.

I love a bit of action on the forum. It can get a bit dull in here at times, and the occaisional "go" doesnt go astray. Bring it on I say. We dont all have to agree on everything, and if we did the world would be a pretty boring place.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My point was not to stir up any action, simply to ask where the add as promised is.
I am sorry if others think I am pushing an issue harder than it needs to be, but I think if you are running a business trying to make money then help to keep the forum (that supplies your buisness) going.

And as a business it is important to stand by your word, and Sideshows word was he would do so.

Cruising in 5th

Old 06-11-2008, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default And in the right corner

I agree a bit of a go is good fun and thats all it should be.

Perception is what matters in business.

How you are percieved by your customers or piers is something you should be mindful of.

Phil
Old 06-11-2008, 07:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philm View Post
I agree a bit of a go is good fun and thats all it should be.

Perception is what matters in business.

How you are percieved by your customers or piers is something you should be mindful of.

Phil
Good advice Phil, but likely to be ignored by embryonic school teachers
Richard
Old 06-11-2008, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
I couldnt agree any..........less.

I love a bit of action on the forum. It can get a bit dull in here at times, and the occaisional "go" doesnt go astray. Bring it on I say. We dont all have to agree on everything, and if we did the world would be a pretty boring place.
Haven't you got a car to build?