Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 10:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default For the golfers amongst us.

I know there are afew guys and possably Gals in here who play golf.
Well although the following events did not happen to me, I was on hand to witness it.

On Saturday I played in the Monthly Medal comp at Alice Springs golf club.
I played with my usual golf buddy and all was going ok without to much excitemnet (and even less great golf) When Toby hits his tee shot on the par 3 15th, it is a 171 metre hole (188yards) The green is blind due to high bunkering at the front of the green.
We get to the green, no ball in sight, so Toby wanders off to the back of teh green to look for his ball in the area where they normally collect.
He finds no ball there and is styruggleing over to believe that he has hit it through the back by so much, when a playing partner looks in the hole, and there is his ball sitting it the bottom.
After much laughter we get to the bar where Toby happily puts $200 down to buy everyone a drink.

Sunday was a 4BBB, as the the quailifying round for the Club Championships for 4BBB is on next Saturday.
Toby and I team up as we always do for team events, we get to the par 3 5th hole, 124 metres (138 yards) I hit first, nothing special of to the right, Toby hits his 8 iron, hits it well, has the usual little fade he hits, the ball lands middle of the green and starts rolling toward the hole, We all watch in disbelief as it falls in to the cup.
Yep, 2 hole in ones in 1 weekend.

We all give him curry about another $200 gone for shouting the bar.

We then get to the par 3 12th 191 metres (210yards) he hits his 5 wood, the ball is flying dead straight towards the hole, we all start saying a few choice words, the ball lands about 5 metres short of the pin and bounces right, it stops about 3 foot away, pin high.
He tells me later, he actualy started praying for it to miss, said he could not afford another $200.

So does anyone know what the odds are on 2 hole in ones in 2 days, or 2 in 9 holes?

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival ls1 supercharged 6 speed
Not Ranked     

Don't know what the odds are but I would be buying a lottery ticket if I was him.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Boxhead....

No wonder your car isn't finished, TOO MUCH GOLF.......

Golf they say is a waste of a good walk.....
Old 07-06-2008, 11:49 PM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

These odds aren't exact, but will get you in the ball park (or on the green, as the case may be).

In 1999, Golf Digest reported, "One insurance company puts a PGA Tour pro's chances at 1 in 3,756 and an amateur's at 1 in 12,750."
That same issue reported that the "odds of an amateur making two holes-in-one in a round are 9,222,500 to 1."
Old 07-07-2008, 12:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kenmer with Ford Quad Cam Boss 260
Not Ranked     

Golf is for those amongst us that don't like work!
Old 07-07-2008, 01:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Heres an article from a few years ago.

Headline: Do you know who holds the Guiness Book of Records for "Consecutive Holes In One". Not only is she an Australian, right here in Sydney ! She is Sue Prell of Chatswood Golf Club.

This world event occurred on the 29th May, 1977, not so long ago. Sue was playing on a 19 handicap at Chatswood Golf Club. On the 13th hole, par 3, 122m long, with a 6 iron, Sue shot a hole in one. Pretty amazing by any standard. But, miracles can happen ! On the next 14th hole, 167m par 3, Sue, using her trusty 4 wood did it again ! What a great achievement !

Talking to Sue recently, this event is so vivid in Sue's mind! But then, why wouldn't it be, it doesn't happen everyday! Not even to the greatest players in the world such as the Karrie Webb or Tiger Woods. Good on you Sue, we are all proud of you !
Old 07-07-2008, 02:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB. Engine out :)
Not Ranked     

Ive got a hole in one sock !

Take him down to the local newsagent 30 mil this week
Old 07-07-2008, 05:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Grey/Silver BDR #688 342R
Not Ranked     

Hey Boxhead,
Nice thread. Too bad there aren't more golfers amongst us to appreciate the story. I loved it. I've played golf at least twice a week for the last thirty years, played in Ireland and Scotland and in most good venues in the US. Now I play to a 9 handicap. I have only had one hole-in-one in my entire career. Non-golfers don't realize how unusual it is.........having two in one round is unbelievable.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotic
Not Ranked     

Hole in one....isn't that the idea of the game???
Only hole in one I ever witnessed was by my wife...on her 40th birthday with a new set of clubs she received for her birthday...her response: isn't that what you are supposed to do?
Old 07-07-2008, 05:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotic
Not Ranked     

I carried my clubs to the course in the front seat of myCobra last week....the pro said he had never seen a golf cart quite like that before....I almost took it on the course...my tires are fatter than the turf tires on the carts so would not have hurt anything....