Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2001, 01:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, LS1, T56.
Not Ranked     
Cool

Hey Craig and Michael. Getting close to order time. Looking at this weekend if a train combo i am looking at turns out alright.

I have surfed a lot since last week, and found some interesting and conflicting stories. I am going for a big block.

May see you at the Wakefield Park thingy.

cheers

Sloth
Old 07-13-2001, 12:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

All done lads. Paid my deposit today, and have until August to sort out my train. Any suggestions as i am flooded by info, and still not sure if the sideoil 427 is going to work for me. Ian reckons they are just too darn heavy. He does not sound enthusiastic for me to go that way. Awfully cool though.....

The other option i am looking at is a 351W with alloy pistons and heads. Should still make 400HP at 5000RPM alright.

Or a bored 390 (out to 406ci)

Or a 289 high output

Do i sound confused?

That combo you got Craig looks like the goodies. How much did you give for it? Is it new? Where did you get it from? etc.

cheers

Stuart,
Old 07-13-2001, 12:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, Gen3 ls1, Vortech T-Trim, Motec, tremec M12, wilwood brakes.
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

HOW YOU GO'IN STUART

I BOUGHT MY MOTOR FROM SUBURBAN IMPORTS AT BROOKVALE FOR $7500 AND MY TREMEC TKO I BOUGHT SECOND HAND $2000 AND FULLY REBIULT MY SELF PARTS COST ABOUT $300. BUT IF I WAS STARTING NOW I WOULD PROBLY PUT THE NEW FORD 5.4 OHC V8 IN.

CRAIG W
Old 07-13-2001, 04:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

HOW YA GOIN CRAIG & STUART

I AM GOING UP TO CLASSIC REVIVAL MONDAY 4PM TO HAVE ANOTHER LOOK MUST SAY IM PRETTY KEEN.

CRAIG WILL YOUR CHASSIS STILL BE THERE AND HAVE YOU GOT
YOUR BODY BACK FROM THE PAINTERS AND WHAT WHEEL TYRE COMBO ARE YOU GOING TO RUN: 17'S ?

STUART CONCRATS ON ORDERING YOUR COBRA

IM SURE THE COBRA CLUB HAVE SOMETHING ON THIS SUNDAY.

THANKS MICHAEL
Old 07-13-2001, 04:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Thanks Michael. I felt great earlier when i paid the deposit. 2hrs of engine talk with a fella down South and now i am not so sure.

What do you think about the 427 side oiler option?
Old 07-13-2001, 05:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question

Where is the club run at Michael? start place times etc?

cheers

Stuart
Old 07-14-2001, 01:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to Dave Samson Send a message via Yahoo to Dave Samson
Not Ranked     

Hey Classic Revival fans,
I have one of Ian's chassis from 1996. I look forward to seeing one of his new ones in Goulburn in Oct. at the Nationals.
Who is going to be there with a new one ?
You'll see me easily, one of the few British Racing Green in color and supercharged, sounds like a 747 taxiing for takeoff.
Old 07-14-2001, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

STUART,

BREAKFAST AT ST GEORGE MOTOR BOAT CLUB JULY 15:THATS ALL I KNOW. ILL JOIN THE CLUB SOON THEN WE CAN FIND OUT MORE INFO.

AS FOR THE 427 SIDE OILER:I THINK IF YOU WANTED TO DO A PERIOD CAR THAT LOOKS LIKE IT JUST DROVE OUT 1967 THEN
THERES NOTHING BETTER THAN THE ORINGINAL MOTOR

BUT THERE BIG AND HEAVEY &THE CAR WILL HANDLE BETTER
WITH A LIGHTER ENGINE. IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT:

THANKS MICHAEL
Old 07-14-2001, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default DAVES CLASSIC REVIVAL

DAVE,

I WILL BE GOING TO THE NATS :BUT I DONT OWN A COBRA YET,IVE NARROWED IT DOWN TO ONE CAR AND THATS
ONE OF IANS I HOPE TO ORDER SOON:

MAYBE YOU COULD GIVE US YOUR CARS SPECS ETC

THANKS MICHAEL
Old 07-14-2001, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

STUART,

SORRY :THATS 15 JULY BREAKFAST AT ST GEORGE MOTOR BOAT CLUB I'LL GO DOWN THERE IF I WAKE UP EARLY ENOUGH

MICHAEL
Old 07-14-2001, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, Gen3 ls1, Vortech T-Trim, Motec, tremec M12, wilwood brakes.
Not Ranked     

HOW'S IT GO'IN MICHAEL

MY CARS BODY IS NOT BACK FROM THE PAINTERS YET RUNNING LATE MABEY THE MIDDLE OF THIS WEEK ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS THE STRIPS AND CLEAR COATS. I DECIDED TO GO WITH 17" REPLICA HALIBRANDS HAD NO CHOICE IN DIA BECAUSE MY BRAKES WONT FIT IN ANYTHING SMALLER. ALSO MADE SHORE I GET 3 PEICE RIMS (SOME REPLICAS ARE WELDED) SO I HAVE MORE FLEXABILITY LATER ON WITH COLOUR OF CENTER AND RIM WIDTH. TRYING TO KEEP OUT SIDE OF CARS APPERANCE PERIOD BUT MODERN RUNNING GEAR TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PROGRESS OF THE LAST 30YRS.

CRAIG W.
Old 07-14-2001, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Michael,

I have just returned from one of the all time great Wallaby wins!!. Juliet and i were right up the back of the end of the stadium, surrounded by Brits and Irish. Seriously, we were two in a hundred! if we wake up, we will see you there. If we don't, we will see you soon enough i am sure.

To Dave: you sound like a happy customer. I will not be on the road in Oct, however next year (post Feb) i will have a beast.

To All: Have you heard of Joe Palito?

hehe.

(I wanna be a Wallaby....

Old 07-19-2001, 01:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Joe Polito - of Pro Stock drag racing fame? Arguably the best small block Ford engine builder in the country... that Joe Polito?

Geez, can he make some horsepower If he's building your motor, and as long as you have the budget to see it through, you'll have a pretty serious car on your hands.
Old 07-20-2001, 12:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

The same Joe. I went and saw him just now. you are right about the budget. He gave me some food for thought, and is pricing up some options. Has your body come back from the painters yet?

cheers Craig.

Stuart.
Old 07-20-2001, 03:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Stuart,

what engine have you decided on, i guess a ford.ill be running a chev.do you know how much the xr8 rear ends are.

craig w i need some info on your front brakes,ive got onto some
4 spot wilwoods brand new still in box with with pads $500,
i dont know how much they are normally and if there the same as yours:

750hp just curios as to which cobra kit you have

thanks michael
Old 07-20-2001, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default wilwoods

Guys,

the wilwoods are dynalites 4 piston i dont know if they will fit the jag stubb axles does anyone know if they will.

thanks michael
Old 07-20-2001, 09:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

SORRY, I CANT REALY HELP YOU MICHEAL I GOT MY WILWOODS AS A BRAKE UPGRADE IN THE PACKAGE BUT IM SURE IAN WOULD LET YOU NOW.
Old 07-21-2001, 04:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

HI CRAIG,

THANKS ANYWAY,I'LL GIVE IAN A RING,ARE THE WHEELS YOUR GOING TO RUN COMPOMOTIVE HALIBRAND 17S 5 STUD OR PIN DRIVE.DID YOU SEE THE BLACK ERA IN KITCAR ILLUSTRATED WOW

THANKS MICHAEL
Old 07-22-2001, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

My mind changes with the wind at the moment Michael. I do not have to decide until mid August. I will see how much i have saved by then. You definitely get more horses for your money going Chev.
Old 07-22-2001, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Michael - that black ERA is the most perfect Cobra ever to feature in a magazine! The owner looks on this website every now and then, and has thoroughly researched every aspect of his car. I have spoken to the company that made his gearbox, and even they commented on what a perfectionist he is!

My own car has an RMC body (Perth) I have a supercharged small block Ford motor - SVO 4 bolt 9.5" deck height block, steel crank, billet rods, JE pistons, intercooler, Autronic computer. It's not on the road yet.

I think the Wilwoods for that money are good value. Just make sure the pads are usable on the street. Some pads only work within certain temperatures, and driving on the street won't get them "up to temp". Not a nice feeling... I went for the Wilwood GNIII 6 piston, and Superlite 4 piston calipers (with the 15D-4332-K pads) for mine, and although they don't have dust covers I think the quality is there.

Sloth - STICK WITH A FORD!!! I could go on about resale value, and the original Cobras having fords etc etc. I didn't bother about any of that, I just think the Ford motors can make great power. I have a Windsor based ford motor in my car, but if you're thinking about a Cleveland based engine, the best Ford Cleveland engine builder lives up here in Brisbane. He can build anything from a nice strong 351C for $5 or $6K, up to a 700hp single carburetted animal for a little over $20,000. Speed costs....