Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Top Gear australia (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/91853-top-gear-australia.html)

Alvin 09-29-2008 03:24 AM

Top Gear australia

OH my god??
Top Gear Australia should be related to Australia motoring????
And the small guys voice is soo annoying?????

Sorry had to tell someone

Beejay 09-29-2008 04:01 AM

I thought it was OK.

The test track seems pretty lame though!

Ben

tomcat racing 09-29-2008 02:35 PM

i thought it was pretty lame, the presenter is full of himself, whats his claim to motoring fame, they cant match the pomme show for wit, seems like it was made more for the export market to showcase aus with the softroaders. they need to get more into the detail of tough cars, but i think they were a bit lost in that dept. they need to lift the game a lot to become a top car show, next week will prove if they have the credentials to pull it off with the ford vs holden comparison

David Hodgson 09-29-2008 02:51 PM

Lacking personality

I was looking forward to this new show but was some what disapointed. It was lacking a key personality, someone opinionated. All three seemed to have the same monotone delivery. I think the cartoonist should go back to newspapers. Like the footy show, it needs a bit of larakinism.

That was their fist go, so we won't bury 'em just yet, let's see how they develop into their characters.

Tenrocca 09-29-2008 04:26 PM

already on yopu tube for those that missed it (like me!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkdWXL1ekwc

Baz 09-29-2008 05:20 PM

Not a patch on Britain's Top gear Show. Give me Jeremy any day. The presenter is of the opinion that he is the Aussie "Jeremy', but fails miserably.

BRING BACK THE OLD TOP GEAR...... PLEASE.

steeler 09-29-2008 05:41 PM

We should not expect this show to be as good as the UK show yet, the UK have been at it for years, and have had ups and downs (5th Gear split), lets give the OZ show a chance, I agree the test track is a bit lame, but that can be changed, the presenters will need a little time to gel together, (if not they will get the boot anyway, if the ratings are poor!) It was OK for a first attempt, they are trying, I miss the UK show though!

spookypt 09-29-2008 06:38 PM

Oz's budget is not a patch on the UK so they are behind the eight ball from the start. It's a shame that they have tried the to mimic the UK compares persono's... And teh test track is hilarious! I changed channels!

Tenrocca 09-29-2008 07:32 PM

I think its OK. If I'd never seen the UK version I'd think it was better. The guy with the mo annoys me though...he contributes nothing. Who do we think the stig is - he looks little? Not Karen Mizzi is it?

sambo 09-29-2008 07:54 PM

I say good on 'em for having a go, being unashamedly Aussie and also for providing some locally produced free to air content. Too much *ahem* US garbage on TV and not enough creative risk taking.

They'll never get near the UK show due to budget constraints but I'll be tuning in each week out of curiosity... not much else on telly Monday nights.

For those with broadband, you can download each and every Top Gear (UK + Australian) episode here using bittorrent.

Paul

Merv and Sharon 09-30-2008 03:25 AM

What makes the UK version, is the three presenters and their mix of personalities, lively intelligence, sarcasm and experience. The Australian version was always going to sink or swim on the same basis. It was only a 5/10 for me and I did find the 'small' guy very loud and just not funny. Still I seem to recall that James May was a late addition to the UK cast. The test track is for go karts and will have to change as it is central to the success of every show. The other thing about the UK version is the stunning camera work and locations. Our guys tried hard on that front but have a long way to go. A couple more episodes will tell...

Merv

BMK 09-30-2008 03:55 AM

Yes a couple of episodes will tell...:confused:

The ute test was bad..:eek:

My 16 old crew kids from work could do a better job of filming and testing the ute..**)

Mando 09-30-2008 04:38 AM

Bloody Terrible

Regards.

Krait 09-30-2008 05:32 AM

Didn't watch the show but have never been a Jeremy Clarkson fan so probably biased already.

Much prefer Tiff Needell & Co on 5th Gear. At least these guys can drive.

Still, it would be nice to see an Aussie show succeed.

Cheers

David Hodgson 09-30-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMK (Post 884879)

The ute test :confused:

It was that enthralling I must have nodded off :)

Barker 09-30-2008 05:14 PM

it is better on u tube just like a bad dubbed karate movie.

haha

Barker

Rob. Smith 09-30-2008 08:07 PM

There's nothing as bad as a tv show copying another down to the last detail. (Visard show, rove ) The stig looked like he/she was having to try hard to drive fast; the pommy one is fluid and relaxed. I agree the scenery and pom whinging makes the english one.
I'll watch more to see if it gets better.

Baz 10-01-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMK (Post 884879)
Yes a couple of episodes will tell...:confused:

My 16 old crew kids from work could do a better job of filming and testing the ute..**)

I would rather watch your McDonalds Ad for an hour Bernie. We will catch up over the weekend.

Baz

tomcat racing 10-01-2008 01:51 AM

so everyone is now going to want to know, who is the australian stig, any guesses. tomcat

ac andy 10-01-2008 03:54 AM

Glad it wasnt my limo getting thrown around the track!

Andy.

www.affinitylimo.com.au