Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Indy

Pete, nice to see you on Sunday.... moreso giving that beast fo yours a run! I too had Lowndsey in my car in Indy 2005 or 2006 when we did the drive through Surfers Paradise on the Wednesday preceding the event. He is a gentleman... Others within his group...well maybe not so much...

As far as Indy Drivers go I had a driver in 06 also that turned me off the whole lot of em.. Just so (%rkein arrogant..

The interesting thing from a locals perspective is I wish it would go away... It's a non event in my opinion. And yeah, I've been to every one since 1993 because I lived on the track!! Never paid to go but have seen it all. And frankly the drunken yobboes that smash beer bottles in the street, pi$$ on my door step and yell and carry on like the animals they are lends me towards not supporting it from a locals perspective.. there are many who think the same!

A family event it is NOT!

Suffice to say WHY we as car owners have to pay to make their event more of a spectacle is beyond me...

Word on the street this year is that it was a poor event... The lack of crowds and $9 for a can of on track mid strength would be some of the reasons why!

My 2c worth!

SpookyPT
Old 10-26-2008, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by macloft View Post
Joes is a hell of a car but how did he get it engineered and registered. NOS, supercharger, stroked must have played havoc with the standard emmissions. My engineers eyes rolled a bit when I mentiond a cam!
Bruce
You're right Bruce...it was a bit of a mission.

I didn't realize how long Joe's been putting this car together, until I was making the attached photo, and some of my early interior shots I took , were taken 3 years ago, and he'd already been at it for at least a year by then.

He had the engine built with all of the goodies in place, then pulled it all down again to JUST a stroked LS1, and then when it was registered , the whole thing went into the Brock Shop for all of the go fast bits to be re-instated.

All done now, and he loves it.
Good luck to him.

---------------------------------------

Spook.....

You're right....us locals could easily do without all of the disruption that Indy brings with it....

I know it injects a pile of whip into the local economy, and as a person that makes a living on tourist dollars, I shouldn't complain...but I would love to see Mick Doohan and his mates come through with their idea of an F1 Track complex out of town at Jacob's Well.

Talking big bucks, but a world class track, with hotels etc. could be something that could be used all year round.
Maybe it will happen...who knows.

Regards,

Warren
Old 10-27-2008, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A pile of WHIP into the economy.
Interestingly the Gold Coast does not even have a Kart Track anymore you have to travel all the way to Ipswish.
Bruce
Old 10-28-2008, 04:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If anyone is interested i posted my first video on youtube last night..... virgin no more.... at posting videos that is.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=nD1ai_COo64

Probably relevant if we are talking about INDY events etc.

I had AJ Foyt IV in the car with me. He seemed like a nice enough bloke. Was happy to chat away and help scour the hi rise apartments for 8008S ........

Apologies about the quality, haven't worked out how to put the full quality version on just yet. Might have to talk to Phil Mizzi.

OH yeah, someone wanna ask big Tom (Smoky) from Mackay about friday's lap around the track.... he he (luv ya work Tom!)

Towmaster.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     

You should have heard the roar for Craig Lowndes on Saturday - absolutely amazing - all around the circuit

All I had to do as I approached the next stand was to let my air horns off and every one was on their feet cheering - a moment to treasure.

It proved one point, the majority of the crowd is there for the V8's.

This has to be one of the most popular guys in Australian Sport (and a gentleman too).

Oh scoop................................

He has a Boss engine and gearbox and knows of a Company at Yatala who can fit it into a Cobra

I said that a Cobra woudl be no good to him as too many people would recognise him (not sure he had thought about that).

Looks like he may be buying a Cobra.

Warren, as he's a QLD'er you might see him at future brekkies (more than me maybe
Old 10-28-2008, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I believe that Craig has been discussing the building of a DRB, but there was some sort of differing ideas on how much "assistance" DRB could give with the construction costs.

Stay Tuned !
Old 10-28-2008, 08:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

hi ash, thanks for asking, i had a ball, it was the first time ive had the car to a club do. it was a fair way to come but worth every second of it. i wanted to impress you guys and i was under strict instructions from the wazza what was needed so i thought 5 or 6 first gear smokys was in order to get the crowd going and they loved it, some off duty copper and track officials didnt though, the wowsers. i was banned on sunday, but some overnight negotiations by the almighty president got me back in. thanks wazza i owe you one, i hope i didnt bring the club into any disrepute [ i apoligise to anyone who might have been offended ] it was my first time to indy and to a club meet with my car and you couldnt wipe the smile off my face, i dont know when ill be back down again but ive got the best memories of the whole 6 days. youre a top bunch of fellas. regards the smokey tomcat
Old 10-28-2008, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Ok....so who got some pics of tomcat doing his thing?.

Shame on you tomcat for a blatant display of testosterone.

But ... you know all the Queenslanders go to the nationals each year to do better than the previous year so you are expected to return next year (if there is an Indy next year) and see if you can be banned for both Saturday and Sunday.

Then the following year banned altogether from the event.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was 2 cars behind Tom and due to his stop / start / spins couldn't get myself prepared too do the same

Most annoyed at the time, but thank my lucky stars now

Great to meet you Tom.

My only rebuff was the Pace car letting his sirens off as I left pit lane at a little more than the allowable speed (although no one gave me direction on what that speed was supposed to be)

A good time was had by all.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

the funniest part was just as i was entering pit lane, a track marshall said to me , what are you doing old fella, youre showing up all the young blokes, and just laughed and waved me on.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok....so who got some pics of tomcat doing his thing?.

Not found one as yet....

But you only have to look at him and you can see he's a problem !!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 02:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

youre a laugh a minute waz, but seriously i should have run it through the gears, then they would have had something to really complain about
Old 10-31-2008, 02:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hi peter , sorry i pissed you off, wasnt really looking in the mirror, having waaay too much fun.

TOMCAT
Old 10-31-2008, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No worries mate!

The view through my front windscreen was well worth it.

One to take to the next world!!!!