Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-03-2008, 01:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison Cobra, SC540 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Updated 540 Build Photos

The car is now 100% mechanically finished, not much to go until it is ready for painting.
Engine started eventually(harness plug appeared to be at fault)and took it for a drive on Saturday.

Fuel Tank

Battery

Warren
Old 11-03-2008, 04:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Hi Warren, very impressive build, love the fuel tank.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Back in the saddle
Not Ranked     

Looking good. It's hard to tell from the pics. Is there a significant structure inside the windscreen frame and under the roll over hoops?

It will be great to hear your driving impressions.

nice work, very neat.

Cameron
Old 11-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     

Looking like a factory made car. What car did the dash come out of?
Old 11-03-2008, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cameron,
The side supports for the windscreen are made from 6mm aluminium to stiffen the windscreen frame and the hoops at the back are fibreglass with no other structure built in.
I only drove it a couple hundred metres up and down the road a few times with no mufflers and no doors. With power steering, a light clutch and smooth gear change from the falcon it did feel nice to drive. Sitting in front of a falcon dash and holding a falcon steering wheel the perception is it has a feel not unlike a falcon.

Jdean
The dash is from a locally made Ford Falcon. The kits uses a XR8 (a sportier V8 version) variant of the falcon for the doner car.

Warren

Last edited by WKB; 11-04-2008 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: added sentence
Old 11-16-2008, 02:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Great looking car, im considering purchasing one atm but am tossing up between this and a 67 fastback. I have a BF xr8 ute that has 7km's on it that was purchased from auction as a stolen recovered car, i had intended to drop my s/c alloy engine in it but am looking for something more than a drag car now.

How involved is the build and how many hours would one need to put into the car to get it to running/driving. I would think im more than capable of doing everything but the paint work myself as i have stripped and reassembled many BF xr8's, there is a growing market for these engines and im now considering building myself one.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Theres one forsale on carsales for 70k in the same state as yours currently is, thought it was a bit rich.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BBF 545 Stroker Alloy Heads Roller Cam Aluminium Flywheel Twin plate Clutch TKO600 9inch Independent Rear 335x17 Rear 315x17 Front 1140kg
Not Ranked     

I'm just about to order a 540 can you tell me anything I should look out for when ordering. I have bought a 02/05 GTP 58,000k's For $11500 (cheap)
The only thing that is damaged that I need is the radiator!
Cheers Mark
Old 11-25-2008, 06:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-460 View Post
I'm just about to order a 540 can you tell me anything I should look out for when ordering. I have bought a 02/05 GTP 58,000k's For $11500 (cheap)
The only thing that is damaged that I need is the radiator!
Cheers Mark
Blue one ???
Old 11-25-2008, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BBF 545 Stroker Alloy Heads Roller Cam Aluminium Flywheel Twin plate Clutch TKO600 9inch Independent Rear 335x17 Rear 315x17 Front 1140kg
Not Ranked     

No silver I bought it out of pickles Auctions in Adelaide cost $550 to get it to NSW
Old 11-26-2008, 01:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a decent buy if there's bugger all damage.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BLWNCOBRA,
It took about 10 months to get it drivable. I mainly worked on it a few hours a night and a few weekends.
It was mainly bolting in parts with the manufacture of a few brackets and installation of heat insulation, brake and fuel lines.
As far as I am concerned I think it is a relatively easy kit to build.
If you have stripped and reassembled BF falcons it wouldn't be difficult building one of these kits.
You will need a sedan as a doner car. The ute only uses a 3 channel ABS where the sedan uses a 4 channel system. The wiring harness will be different and the rear suspension will be needed from the sedan.

Warren
Old 11-30-2008, 03:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi all new here and interested in the 540. why not a ute what is the difference between a 3 channel and 4 channel abs system..........told ya IM new
Old 12-02-2008, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Haro88,
A ute has different rear suspension than the sedan, but that can be overcome by purchasing a cradle from a sedan.
The difference I was told between a 3 channel and a 4 channel ABS is the number of inputs and outputs to the ABS . On a sedan there is a speed sensor on each wheel and an output from the ABS to each wheel. This allows the ABS to independently control the braking on each wheel. On the 3 channel there is only one speed sensor from the rear wheels so both wheels are controlled by the ABS at once. I don't think traction control is available with 3 channel ABS. The wiring harness also would and be wired for 3 channels.
By using a ute there could be problems. The best people to talk to would be DRB and ask them.

Warren
Old 12-11-2008, 10:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

warren any chance of posting a few more photos on here.... curious to see what happens with the starter

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: