Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default Wakefield Driver Training

I have been thinking about doing some driver training to learn a bit more about how to get the best out of my car. Is anyone else interested in a day at Wakefield Park next month?

Proposed date Wednesday 11th March 2009.

Michael Navybox from www.mikesmanor.com has confirmed that he is available on this date, and is keen to offer personalised training for 2-10 people.

Schedule

Mike suggests arriving the afternoon before, so we can walk the track before dark to map out the lines and braking points. That night he is available back at the manor to discuss the training (and possibly have a couple of beverages).

On the Wednesday morning another walk of the track before the track is open. It is a general "Speed off the Street" day, so the track is open to everyone. From 9am the instruction starts with time in your car and also in Mikes Turbo MR2 throughout the day. As well as helping get your lap times down, Mike will also offer information on how to conserve the brakes, set up the car properly and how to read other tracks. He offers a money back guarantee that you will be happy.

Approximate costs are as follows:

Wakefield track day $120 (+ Wakefield license if you do not have one already)
Mike's training $250 (Depending on the number of people).
Tue accommodation at Mikes Manor $120 including breakfast, or cheaper in a shared room.
You do not have to stay at the Manor if you have other accommodation or live within driving distance.

I think it is pretty good value for a night in Goulburn, day at the track and training for about $500 bucks!

If you need further info, let me know or give Mike a call on the numbers listed on his web site.

Cheers,

Ben
Old 02-14-2009, 10:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

I reckon a proper driver training course would be a fantastic thing to do, I sure know that my car is faster than I am.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB. Engine out :)
Not Ranked     

Try putting a Ford engine in it, then you might get the best out of your car
Old 02-16-2009, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the helpful insite there Pete
I will stick with my lowly 274kW unopenned (as far as I know) LS1

I can only hope to be able to steer it as well as you can drive your VW - sorry I mean DRB

Are you going to be at ShelbyFest with your car this year, I had a great time watching you drive the Gymkana course so well. (and I mean that truthfully)

Cruising in 5th

Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Hey Pete,

Surely you are making the most of this cold weather - even your car might not overheat at these temps!

Ben
Old 02-16-2009, 11:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force kit, LS1, 4L60, 4.09 LSD... Gone to Queensland!!!
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post

I will stick with my lowly 274kW unopenned (as far as I know) LS1
I like the disclaimer there Boxhead..... Perhaps someone ported and milled the heads while you were sleeping
Old 02-17-2009, 12:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plums View Post
I like the disclaimer there Boxhead..... Perhaps someone ported and milled the heads while you were sleeping
I did get the motor second hand so I really dont know what might have been done before I got it.
The guy at Mildura who did my tune said that the manifolf vacuum was as if the cam was stock, but the Kw figures said something wasnt stock.

I will admit to cleaning out the intake and exaust ports with a sanding pad on a die grinder but promise I did nothing more than smooth it out.
I did not get the heads machined while they where off, the only reason I took it apart is that it was a warranty change over unit (piston rattle) that Holden did not ask for its return when I worked at the dealer.
The tech pulled it apart in doing the diagnosis so I had to replace bearings, seals and gaskets and head studs when I put it back together.

Cruising in 5th

Old 02-20-2009, 11:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB. Engine out :)
Not Ranked     

lol
I just love the cold stuff , so does my vw

Won't be doing shelbyfest unfortunately, been too busy at work to plan anything else
If I get a chance of going I might go but at this stage haven't been able to plan for it, If anything eventuates it'll be last minute