Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 02:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Python Cobra Vs Harrison

Hi Guys.

I am new to the forum and am excited about the decision I've finally made ... that is to purchase a Cobra. With my lack of space, busy work life and technical "no how" (ie no mechanical skills) I have decided on a completely built option. I am open to suggestions but am favouring Python (as I am based in Melbourne) vs Harrison. I was hoping to get some feed back from those who have purchased/built from Python and get their insights, joys and woes as well as those who have dealt with harrison. I'm keen on a plenty of power/speed plus a refined/luxury interior... ie a complete package! Also their website (Python) is a little short on decent photos.....if any have any photos of their Python, Please post!

Anyway Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Justin
Old 03-02-2009, 03:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Hi Justin. I'm building a Harrison and I'm happy with the kit so far. If I was paying for a 'turn key' I'd probably want regular access to the car during the build phase, so I'd be looking for something local, such as the Python.

The Python I believe uses a tubular frame and also has a good reputation on the track - so much so that Michael Schumacher bought himself one! See below for more info.

Cheers

Paul
Old 03-02-2009, 03:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Warwick is very good to deal with and does quite a few complete builds - many at a distance. I have watched a number of them being made and the build quality is excellent and his chassis is a very good one. You could ask Geoff (Krait) who lives in Dubai while his is being built what he thinks about the Harrison process.

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

G'day Justin

The Cobra Car Club of Victoria recently visited Python Cobras

Open day at Python Racing 21/09/2008

They are very impressively engineered cars.

I would suggest that you come along to a CCCV meeting and talk to a number of owners to help you range in on what is important to you and how to best achieve that.

regards
LoBelly
Old 03-02-2009, 04:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

If you are considering a Melbourne builder, you could also approach Martin Govitt of Kenmer Engineering in Noble Park for one of his kits.

Cheers
Old 03-02-2009, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Back in the saddle
Not Ranked     

Justin,

another option you may consider as you are looking for a turnkey car, is Superformance. The Australian agent is in Warragul and I happen to know that they have their in house demo car on the market at the moment, I think it has the new quad cam fitted. They might be worth a call, PM me if you need details.

Warwick also makes a great product and his cars have been very successful on the track in recent years, the advantage of course with a personal build is that you can spec the car anyway you want (within ADR's of course).

I haven't had any experience with Python Cars, but they have been around a while too.

Whatever the decision, welcome on board, enjoy the ride.

Cameron
Old 03-03-2009, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Justin,
If you are going the turn key route, why not go for a second hand car? With the state of the economy there are some real bargains to be had. You will get yourself on the road a whole lot faster too!