Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-23-2009, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB SC540
Not Ranked     
Default drb cobra sc 540

Any one out there building the new look cobra, I have one and its nearly ready to go Thanks

Michael
Old 05-23-2009, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison Cobra, SC540 Roadster
Not Ranked     

SC540 Chassis No 007

Just need to finish fitting the electric window hardware into the doors and off to the painter.

Warren
Old 05-23-2009, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Warren
You are starting to build quite a little family. How many 540s do you believe are out there now. DRB should make you the official club cobra site sc 540 cheer leader and technical advisor. Are you still driving your Harrison or is it gathering dust like mine.
Bruce
Old 05-23-2009, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 540
Not Ranked     

I have DRB 540 chassis number 18 that i am picking up tomorrow (monday). not a great deal out there at the moment.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison Cobra, SC540 Roadster
Not Ranked     

Bruce,
My Harrison doesn't sit in the garage long enough to gather dust although the last few months in SEQ has been a challenge missing the rain.
I think the 540 kits are selling well, like Paul said he about to pick up chassis no 18.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul68 View Post
I have DRB 540 chassis number 18 that i am picking up tomorrow (monday). not a great deal out there at the moment.
Hi Paul, mine is number 11 the frist one from DRB work shop since they took over the 540 project Warren and Geoff have been working close on the 540 with photos and ideas hope you can join us, it has been a great kit to do
I bet you cant wait to start it.

Michael
Old 05-23-2009, 11:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKB View Post
SC540 Chassis No 007

Just need to finish fitting the electric window hardware into the doors and off to the painter.

Warren
Warren fitted the wiring to the doors today to take the electirc windows as well Lucky we have only two doors LOL Mine is going to paint on the 1st of June so i though i better cut some holes out

Michael
Old 05-27-2009, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Hi Michael, just arrived home tonight with the car and yes i cant wait to start this build. Got the window runners and that while in brisbane.did peter give you any paperwork with your BCU when you took delivery.i got the build cd and receipts.
Warren sorry didnt catch up with you as we ran out of time. tried to ring and let you know i wouldn't be coming due to time restraints.
Paul
Old 05-28-2009, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default drb 540

Quote:
Hi Michael, just arrived home tonight with the car and yes i cant wait to start this build. Got the window runners and that while in brisbane.did peter give you any paperwork with your BCU when you took delivery.i got the build cd and receipts.
Warren sorry didnt catch up with you as we ran out of time. tried to ring and let you know i wouldn't be coming due to time restraints.
Paul
HI Paul, didnt get any paper work except the packing note, the cd has change a bit as Peter has made things for the kit eg changing bonnet struts position ect. My kit goes to paint on Monday, then it will give it a different look mine will be voodoo blue a gmh colour with a silver strip let me know your email adress and i send you some picutures, its has only taken me 5 months to get to this stage so its a great kit to do. What donna car did you get and how many Kms, Warren has been a great help

Cheers Michael
my Phone number Is 03 57623399
Old 05-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: dont have one yet. 1966 mustang convertibles GT's
Not Ranked     

Do the DRB 540 use the existing glass from the falcon for the windows
also how much modifiaction is needed to the falcons electric windnows to make them fit?

Mark
Old 05-29-2009, 01:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantdrb540 View Post
Do the DRB 540 use the existing glass from the falcon for the windows
also how much modifiaction is needed to the falcons electric windnows to make them fit?

Mark
Mark the front screen is made for the kit, as the falcon one is to big, side quarter glass and electric window glass is beening made for the kit as well, we are using capri bailley channels for that. the electirc motor and wiring is used from the donor car and switches. DRB will give you the pattern to were the window chanells and motor fits in side the doors. i have seen the photos of them they look great.
Michael
Old 05-29-2009, 03:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Michael, i picked up a ba mk2 xr8 5 speed manual with 37,000k's on the clock for $7500.00 + $500.00 to ship to Mt Isa from Brisbane.Its like brand new inside.Needs new radiator,fans and aircon condenser everything else is fine.Your colour choice should look great when painted,cant really go wrong with blue on a cobra.Couple of photos would be excellent.
Paul
Old 05-29-2009, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Michael, what size rims and tyres are you running on your 540 nice looking rims.I am looking at a set of rims made by diablo, just waiting to hear if they can make the 19" x 10" for the rear.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

What sort of engines go in these vee-hicles ? The original had a v-10 modular jobby.
A viper motor would be nice !
Old 05-29-2009, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ford 5.4lt engine from xr8,gt or gt-p with manual or auto box
Old 05-29-2009, 11:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Michael, what size rims and tyres are you running on your 540 nice looking rims.I am looking at a set of rims made by diablo, just waiting to hear if they can make the 19" x 10" for the rear.
Paul my rims are from Dragway here in Victoria who makes the rims for the cobra 540 but i changed the centres on my rims to look different to the DRB cobra. if you go through them they already have the off set worked out for you. I bought a BF MK2 xr8 6 speed auto, leather trim and prieum sound with 6,000 on the clock, it came from Adelaide so i went over and picked it up my self its my home town. The donor car was never driven in the rain so it was brand new all over just had a hit up the bum. I paid $11,250 for it in November last year from Pickells auction.

michael
Old 05-29-2009, 11:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hi Michael, i picked up a ba mk2 xr8 5 speed manual with 37,000k's on the clock for $7500.00 + $500.00 to ship to Mt Isa from Brisbane.Its like brand new inside.Needs new radiator,fans and aircon condenser everything else is fine.Your colour choice should look great when painted,cant really go wrong with blue on a cobra.Couple of photos would be excellent.
Paul
Paul let me know your email address and will sent you some photos

Michael
Old 06-01-2009, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Michael i sent you a pm with the info
PAUL
Old 06-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: dont have one yet. 1966 mustang convertibles GT's
Not Ranked     

Many thanks
Mark
Old 06-02-2009, 01:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

HI Warren, how did you go fitting the electric windows in,easy i hope.Hopefully it wont take long a the paint shop and you can have it regoed for the warmer weather coming up in a few months.can you post a photo of the cutout in the door as peter only marked the inside of my doors,so have to wait till the template is ready to be sent out.Acquired the parts for the windows.
Paul

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: