Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 03:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Default Looks better with bonnet and boot fitted:

What a big day today was:- 16th June, 2009. 12 weeks ago, I put my car into the paint shop. Today, she went on a Tilt Tray and was taken to the place where the bling will be installed.

I posted some pics last week, but the doors and bonnet were not fitted and the final flow coat hadn't been sprayed on.

These pics., show how the car looks today. I can't imagine that it could look any better, but I have been told that when I take it back in 6 months time to have it rubbed back and buffed, it will look even better. Hard to imagine. It had it's first bath today. Pissed down on the way back from the painters when it was on the Tilt Tray.

Golf tomorrow if it stops raining, then Thursday I will continue polishing the side pipes and hopefully, fit my wheels because I'm sick of being rubbished over the 'push arounds' that are on it at the present time. By the way, the current steering wheel is only a temporary measure also.

[img]

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/Rear_view_of_Cobra_with_boot_and_bonnet_attached_S mall_.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/Cobra_returns_to_Neils_Workshop
Old 06-16-2009, 03:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Default More Pics.

Don't know what happened , but these didn't come up in the thread.

[img]http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/Rear_view_of_Cobra_with_boot_and_bonnet_attached_S mall_.jpg[/img

Old 06-16-2009, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Lookin good Baz!

Ben
Old 06-16-2009, 04:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default This photo didn't post.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is going to be a beauty when you get it all finished. Those push around wheels look great compared to what I used when I built mine.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 06-16-2009, 04:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Congratulations Baz, $hit that looks good. Make sure you show us some pics with wheels back on.

Regards.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Really nice Baz. Those wheels fit into the arches well too ... are you going to spray Stoneguard inside the wheel arches?

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB SC540
Not Ranked     

12 weeks to get your car painted is a joke, my cobra has just gone in for its paint job on the 1st of june its now is waiting for a final rub back then paint Baz i hope you got mates rates

Michael
Old 06-17-2009, 12:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Not Ranked     

Any pics Michael?

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB SC540
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon View Post
Any pics Michael?

Merv
Merv, only in grey under coat but have one before it was painted a DRB 540
Old 06-17-2009, 02:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's going to look great Michael. Very purposeful! Like the original Cobra, definitely not a hairdressers car!

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
It's going to look great Michael. Very purposeful! Like the original Cobra, definitely not a hairdressers car!

Merv
Your comment made me think of this poster I used to love showing the MX5 driver at my old work.....

Old 06-17-2009, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My brother is a police senior sargeant and he has an MX5! The comparisons between his new MX5 and the Cobra are not flattering. I see that the latest MX5 has a device under the dash to simulate (the missing) motor and exhaust noise ...

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Really nice Baz. Those wheels fit into the arches well too ... are you going to spray Stoneguard inside the wheel arches?

Merv
Merv,

The stone guard was spayed on under the guards before the colour was put over it.

Baz
Old 06-17-2009, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabey25 View Post
12 weeks to get your car painted is a joke, my cobra has just gone in for its paint job on the 1st of june its now is waiting for a final rub back then paint Baz i hope you got mates rates

Michael
I know it's a joke Michael and I was on his back all the time, the prick. No mates rates either. Paid top money. I am really happy with the job he done. I couln't have been too hard on him or he might have stuffed it up. I would recommend him for his workmanship, but definately not for his speed. He's pretty good at slinging the bull**** around too.

Baz.

Last edited by Baz; 06-17-2009 at 07:43 PM..
Old 06-17-2009, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Geez Baz - Id hate to hear the whinging if you could "imagine that it could look any better". Id be over the moon to be that pleased with the job (as I assume you are with everyone who has done the work on your car), even if it did take 12 weeks (in the scope of a build project that isnt that long) and less inclined to call him a "prick" in a public forum (and whinge further about not getting "mates rates").

Cheers
Old 06-17-2009, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
Geez Baz - Id hate to hear the whinging if you could "imagine that it could look any better". Id be over the moon to be that pleased with the job (as I assume you are with everyone who has done the work on your car), even if it did take 12 weeks (in the scope of a build project that isnt that long) and less inclined to call him a "prick" in a public forum (and whinge further about not getting "mates rates").

Cheers
Don't get me wrong Tenrocca. I'm wrapped in the finished paint job. I'm not whinging about the quality of his work. Just the lies he fed me every week for 12 weeks. E.G. Rang him 4 weeks after car put into his workshop. He told me that it had been blocked up, sanded and ready for undercoat. Paid him a surprise visit shortly after and discovered that the car hadn't been touched. It was in exactly the same condition as when I dropped it there a month earlier. This is just one example and there were many more instances where he told me blatant lies. This is why I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. All I required of him was the truth. That's not too much to ask. My trimmer has been up front with me and that's how I like it. He has told me that seeing that the painter had the car for so long, I had missed the date that he had booked my car in. The trimmer told me that he had two show rods to be completely trimmed and were required for a Car Show before the end of June. They were going to be done before my car. He couldn't start my job until 6th July and it would take about 2 weeks to complete. I know where I stand with him. That's how I like to do business. I couln't say the same about the painter.

As far as mates rates are concerned, this was raised by Michael (Tabey25) and I was merely responding to his question.

Baz
Old 06-17-2009, 10:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fair enough - Never BS the customer. At the end of the day you look to have a great paint job though so thats the main thing. Whats the revised completion date?

Last edited by Tenrocca; 06-17-2009 at 11:16 PM..
Old 06-18-2009, 01:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
Fair enough - Never BS the customer. At the end of the day you look to have a great paint job though so thats the main thing. Whats the revised completion date?
It goes to Trimmer No. 1 on 6th July and he will have it for 2 weeks. He's trimming the cockpit and carpeting the interior and boot area. Then to Engineering, Sniff Test etc which will make it around the end of July. Then the wait for RTA to issue VIN No., which is the big unknown factor. When its finally registered, hopefully before October and the Nationals, I have to take it to Trimmer No.2. He will be doing the soft top, tourneau cover and centre consul. Completely finished by late October early November touch wood.

Baz
Old 06-18-2009, 03:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB. Engine out :)
Not Ranked     

Nice Baz !!!!!!!

At this rate we might see it at the brekky on Sunday

ps: whats wrong with the wheels on it

Well done mate