Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-21-2009, 04:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 540
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down REVS check on donor vehicles

Hi, can anyone shed some light on how REVS checks work. Do they need hassis number and engine number to issue a certificate of unencumbered vehicle or they only need the chassis number? I purchased my donor car from a well known auction house in brisbane, site unseen only photos,got the invoice with the chassis number,engine number and a REVS certificate, shipped it home and the engine number is different to the invoice number as chassis and engine numbers are supposed to be matching like a new vehicle. Now im wondering were the engine in it came from, not game enough to give the engine number to the police yet.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Personally - I would act sooner rather than later, because if your donor or donk has a problem its going to come out at some point.

I would probably phone/email the auction house an have them re-issue the correct documentation and certification

And, if they asked for any of the paperwork back I'd be inclined to keep the originals and send copies

good luck

LoBelly
Old 06-21-2009, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Think the auction house is in deep water as they are legally obliged to have correct documentation to avoid losing their licence. They obviously need to be sure they aren't trading stolen goods, so if numbers don't match they haven't done their job and you have a good reason to return the goods and get a refund, if that's your wish.

Else as Michael says, get the correct documentation having had them clear this first is their responsibility. You have the leverage in this situation.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 540
Not Ranked     

The problem has been resolved,seems one of the staff was taking his job a bit too easy and neglected to actually go and check the numbers. Assumed all chassis and engine numbers in fords matched, as i did but after ringing ford and getting the run around it seems it is the factory engine number from ford.Auction house very apologetic,think the staff member involved might be in strife but.Reissueing the correct paper work which im happy with.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Ha Ha Ha ...I bought a 351 Cleveland from a bloke for $250.00 with a gearbox attached. It had every 'connection' cut off with a blow torch, including radiator hoses , wiring, speedo cable, you name it ! I couldn't resist the price and thought if it was hot (most very likely)at least I would uncover and reveal a thief for the authorities. A quick call to REVS and they said that they couldn't find any stolen records...so far so good. One other thing that made me suspect was the fact the house where I bought the engine had an 8 foot corrugated fence around the whole place and a pair of angry dogs in house. I've still got the engine and have had no visits from the constabulary.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: