Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     
Default Progress update

No mine but another current (new chassis) CR build - some photos that were sent to me. I wanted to show the wheels which are team 3's. To me they are on par with vintage wheels in the looks department, but you can get in a bigger range of offsets. I tried to get these but had a lot of trouble getting through to team 3 but this fella had a bit more success. Thes are bolt on wheels with lug nut covers to make them look like knock offs.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Tenrocca, why on earth would you consider Team 3 wheels when Vintage wheels are available at such a good price. At the prices you have to pay now you could even consider converting the wheels to proper knock ons without using adapters.

Regards.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando View Post
Tenrocca, why on earth would you consider Team 3 wheels when Vintage wheels are available at such a good price. At the prices you have to pay now you could even consider converting the wheels to proper knock ons without using adapters.

Regards.
I had the same thought, but then I remembered that I had a replica cobra and not a 'proper' one - and as part of the construction I made choices that I was happier living with (like a windsor over an FE).

LoBelly
Old 06-21-2009, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Mando - last time I checked vintage wheel offsets did not come anywhere close to that needed for classic revival. Unless that has changed?
Prices from Team 3 look to be on par with vintage.
Cheers

Last edited by Tenrocca; 06-21-2009 at 07:47 PM..
Old 06-21-2009, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Lo Belly, I to made choices as I went along, I think thats my point. I started my build in 2002 and when I went to events such as the Cobra Nationals in Canberra where most of those cars that didnt have mag wheels had Halibrand copies from OZ wheels in Sydney. At that stage they were about the best wheels around and thats probably why most people had them, plus wheels like Vintage werent selling for $2000 back then.
If I was starting my build today I would NEVER consider any kit that didnt have offsets that at least resembled an original Cobra. Having bought a kit with the wrong offsets through no fault of my own, and going through the process of narrowing my rear track I still used OZ wheels because as mentioned previously there was very little to choose from back then.
I hope that made sense!

Regards.

Last edited by Mando; 06-22-2009 at 01:51 AM..
Old 06-21-2009, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hence the reason I wanted to make anyone interested aware of the team 3 option, especially those with CR or harrisons with standard offsets for these kits, as Vintage wont fit and the Team 3 wheels look 100% better then anything available locally.

Edit: pricing for those interested. $1585 (USD) for wheels, spinners and nut covers (17 x 10.5, 17 x 8) from their web site (Vintage wheels $1950 for equaivalent set of knock offs with adapters)

Cheers

Last edited by Tenrocca; 06-21-2009 at 11:15 PM..