Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default Progress post

Dropped into Marty's yesterday to see how things were going and ended up facilitating a large step forward on the car. A good way to end my Saturday.

As Paul has mentioned in another post, am having the engine cleaned up in looks terms and needed Marty to fabricate and fit a new belt tensioner amongst other mods.

Preliminary work seen in pic below.

Also shows the new ripple finish powder coating on the rocker covers and the shiny HPC extractors.

Able to now also positively see difference in gear shift location which will improve the driving position once we fabricate a suitable new shift lever. For scale the new shifter hole is 100mm diameter.

Have to agree with Marty and Greg that the small Windsor looks lonely in the engine bay now. Particularly when looking at the current Boss motors fitted. Coil packs now on firewall, and plan is to bring wiring into bay up tunnel to help hide this.

Memory test - who was it that gave me the modified Ford radiator hose outlet that shown in the pic?

With the radiator cap fitting I'm not running a surge tank.

Should add that it is obviously missing the plenum which will fill the space a tad more. Think I've posted this pic. previously but for added bling just add this...........

Polisher discovered a crack on the rear mount into the rear inlet when he was polishing the plenum, hence why the engine rang slightly off. Had to get Marty to weld this up but hope it will cure a few ills once running again.

And body refitted now to let Marty cut other holes in the beast for fake pipes the other roll bar and the third legs and any other goodies.

Will probably need to take the body back off once but when it is back on for good it will get bolted down and then it will be Greg's opportunity to colour the skin once and for all.

Body is in high fill now and all faired up so it wont take long to get it into colour.

Enjoy

Steve
Old 08-02-2009, 06:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Nice to see things ticking over Steve.

Personally, I quite like the look of these cars without the sidepipes so if you aren't going for live pipe then I dont think you need to add fake ones.

On the other hand, if you want sidepipes but aren't going to run them because you are concerned about the legality then I have some good news for you....

See you Wednesday (?)

LoBelly
Old 08-02-2009, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

I'm coming Wednesday, sounds like you have a scoop.

Or is that a spare set of pipes?

The boss has directed that she wants the pipes, so on they go.

Cheers
Old 08-02-2009, 03:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen low View Post
I'm coming Wednesday, sounds like you have a scoop.

Or is that a spare set of pipes?

The boss has directed that she wants the pipes, so on they go.

Cheers
Steve, I had the same thing at my place. I was second-guessing as to whether I wanted to put the fake pipes on and the whole family including the missus thought I was crazy if I didnt. I must admit since I have put them on I really like the look. Again its a personal choice.

Be intersted to hear in LoBelly's "scoop" on wed.

Rgds

Gregg
Old 08-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

It is by no means a scoop

More of a reminder

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rd...04/0/VSI20.pdf

Question 17

etc.

LoBelly