Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 09-09-2010, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Rear Coil Overs

After a year with the car up on jacks it's all glassed in, doors, hood and trunk hung, and I'm getting ready to put the tires on and move it to the other side of the shop to start body work. I have the standard QA-1 chrome springs and shocks and I put the round spring clip in the upper grove on the shock tube that the adjuster slides over, like I have seen in several members galleries. But that seems way to high. I had them in the lower groove once but the rubber brake line seemed to rub it, so I put it back. Does the spring clip go in the lower groove or are my springs just to long. The springs are 10".

Wayne

Last edited by Wbulk; 09-09-2010 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: Addition
Old 09-09-2010, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Rear Coil Over Adjustment

I lowered the coil down by putting the circle clip in the lower groove on the tube. You can see in the picture the brake line rubs the spring so this can't be right. The spring clips must need to go back in the upper groove and the adjuster tightened up on the spring to drop the car? This time it would be nice to have instructions. I will remove the picture from my gallery when I get this so someone else does not think that's right.

Last edited by Wbulk; 09-12-2010 at 05:36 AM..
Old 09-09-2010, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

10" should,..... be fine but, every car's different. (move your shock over to the other mounting hole) Try making two of these or I can send you mine.

When I wanted to lower my cobra, and change the heim joints, I made two aluminum strut rods with heim's, to replace the coil overs for adjusting the ride height. Twist the rod clockwise or counter clockwise to raise or lower the car. Once I liked the height, I measured the length from heim eyelet to heim eyelet, for the length of sprint it needed. Worked like a charm.

Make sure you won't have a tire rub issue, with lowering the car.

If you can rent or borrow a set of scales for each wheel, adjusting the weight bias to each corner & front to back, will help tremendously. I could not believe how off, my setup was. Now, the suspension and weight is great.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good idea.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I talked to Ron at B&B. The circle clip does go in the bottom groove on the shock. Then I found it over in Larry's website. Ron said when you get gas, the interior and seats in the car it will settle.

Last edited by Wbulk; 09-12-2010 at 05:37 AM..
Old 03-04-2011, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

In the end I decided to cut off the brake line bracket, make a new one, and move it up. This better location makes it so the brake hose is not even close to the spring and allows for more adjustment.

Wayne