Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2001, 10:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to MadRackle
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Why is B&B the right kit?

HI CC,
I have not seen a thread in B&B that answers my questions, so I hope I am not being redundant here. I would like to buy a cobra kit at the beginning of April 2002. There is a B&B distributor in Fort Collins, CO., where I live, so I am checking them out.

Why did you choose a B&B kit? Did it meet your expectations?

Does anyone know the story behind the change from LA Exotics to B&B? How long has B&B been in business now?

Did anyone have any problems with B&B after purchasing their kit? Did anyone check them out then go with another company and why?

I am sure I will come up with more questions later, but that is a good start. Thanks for your insights,
Marc

p.s. If there is a thread that answers these question please point me to it
Old 09-25-2001, 11:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dear RadMackeral,

(just kidding) I purchased a turnkey minus B&B summer of '00. I picked B&B because you get a lot of quality for the money, and because of the service from Bryan and Barry. I am very satisfied with the quality of the car (you can see my car in Kit Car Illustrated, October 2001, pages 33 and 56).

Some issues to make sure you have resolved before you order are: dash layout (with a tail for stereo mounting, etc.) or more original, will you be using pin-drive wheels?, make sure the car will accept the backspacing for the wheels (for example, if you want to use Trigo wheels, you must use a shortened rear end unit), do you want to upgrade some components. The good news is that Bryan and Barry will put together the package you want, not what someone else thinks it should be.

When I first got my car, I had a few small problems, such as a problem with the turn-signal switch. They were very quick to replace the problem parts and make it right.

I bought directly from B&B in MO, didn't know about distributors...
so I can't tell you about advantages/disadvantages.

As far as LA Exotics goes , my understanding is that LAE was sold to someone from overseas who never paid any of the vendors, didn't ship product, and didn't make payments to the previous owners (Bryan and Barry). After he disappeared, Bryan and Barry ended up with the old tooling and began B&B. They had moved to MO in the meantime, so that's why they moved from CA to MO. Also, they seem to be slowly improving the design. So the B&B cars have a few changes from the LAE cars, but remain essentially the same.

You may want to go to the B&B forum and e-mail them directly. And if anyone from B&B reads this, please feel free to correct me if I mistated the facts.

Cobra Curt
Old 09-26-2001, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B+B 351w #112
Not Ranked     

I've had no problems with my B+B. About 90% done. Very nice people to deal with. One call is all takes to get an answer on any question. The assembly manual is not very good but now they have every step on a CD. Easy to do and would do it again. Jim
Old 09-26-2001, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info guys.
Curt, my brother called me a makeral once. ONCE! (Johnny Dangerously, great flic).

The dealership it called T-3. http://www.t-3cobra.com/
Has anyone worked with them?

Thanks,
MadRackle
Old 09-27-2001, 08:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Delivery time

How long from when you ordered your kit to delivery?
Mr. Anderson, feel free to answer this one too.

Thanks,
Marc
Old 10-04-2001, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

Hi Marc, Bryan Anderson here from B&B, thank you for the post, I would like to say that randy from T3 In co has done many of our cars and Is very good In His workmanship, Randy Is On his way to us as we speak to pick up 3 more kits so He will have kits In stock to answer your deliver question, If for what ever reason you wanted to purchase from us at the factory we quote One week delivery on the kits. There are some very good kits On the market, we have been building these cars for over 26 years and have built a reputation Of have one of the best kits on the market, I think that If you do your homework you will see that our car will stand up agains anyone In the Industry.

Please let me Know If I can get you anything else at this time.

bryan
Old 10-04-2001, 10:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I can attest to the one week. I placed my order on 9/11/2001 and Bryan stated the kit would be ready in a week. I had expected a longer time frame than that as I was scheduled to travel 9/18 - 9/24. We determined a delivery date of Sat. 9/29 was best for my schedule (for the 5 friends to help unload). The kit was delivered Sat morning 9/29 with NO BACKORDERED PARTS! as all FFR kits seem to have. B&B even includes windshield wipers that I believe are optional on other kits. The only thing I find lacking is B&B does not include bolts and fasteners. Every email and phone call to B&B is either answered at that time or within 24 hrs. Bryan is always accesable and has helped with pointing out plusses and minusses of some of my ideas.
Old 10-05-2001, 11:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Thanks for the info. B&B is looking really good so far.

I should have my new garage started in about 1 month. It will have radiant heat from the floor! 20' x 20' with nothing but a cobra, tools, and a stereo in it. Will I ever see the inside of my house again?

If anyone has any more comments, please chime in.
Thanks,
Marc