Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2015, 01:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LS427/Roush 342R
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Purchase

Hello, I wanted to ask a question and get maybe some honest opinions as to the purchase of a used sorted out B&B Cobra. I am looking at a 2006 with 3500 miles and am not familiar with this kit or any problems they had. I have had a Classic Roadster 427 BB but sold due to always having problems with it. I have been looking at a couple newer kits like Lone Stars and Back Drafts but even used there bringing big bucks, any help would be nice I don't want to throw anymore money away but hate going with my friends on runs with them in there Cobras and me in my Vette .
Old 08-04-2015, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 306/FORD
Not Ranked     

I have a b&b built in 2010 good solid frame and body. The car was built with good pieces no donor parts. Small block 306 and tko 600 trans. The car has 7500 miles on it and is solid. If you need more info pm me.........rick
Old 08-05-2015, 05:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The BB frame looks soild
Old 08-05-2015, 07:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

My kit is a 2005 and is solid. Have driven mine fairly hard and have had no problems with mine. Never has left me stranded even though I've done some stupid stuff at times.
It depends more on who and how they built it. I built my own so I know what was put into it.
The frame is strong and the body is much more substantial than many out there. No cracks in mine at all.
If it was built by Barry at B&B, it's solid and you shouldn't have any worries!
Old 08-05-2015, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     

I have a B&B that I built starting in 2009. The frame is solid. The fiberglass has a layer of cormat and is pretty thick. The quality of the cars was pretty good in the early to mid 2000s. There are a lot of good design features that other cars just don't have. The hinges are strong and well designed and have no interference issues that others have. If set up right the car handles pretty good. Mine has no bump steer. I am 6'2" and can put my left leg straight out and just touch the firewall. I put stiffer springs on the rear that I like a lot.

I have no information on the guys that bought the company but Barry McGill that was a partner for years can supply all the parts, and he built your frame and suspension. Fiberglass 34 Coupes and Cobras by McGill Manufacturing. He was very, very helpful to me when B&B started falling apart.

Like Larry said ,it all depends on who built the car. Just like FFR cars it can be great or not depending on who built it, but the foundation for the car is great. Send me a PM if you want to talk on the phone. Overall they were a good deal for the money.

"Everything is alive. If you get angry at a vehicle or the trans, it won't fix until you apologize and say you are sorry." "The vehicle always knows what it is doing and what the cause of it's bad feeling is. If you ask it humbly what the problem is, it will tell you. Then you and it will both be happy."

Gil Younger
Old 08-05-2015, 11:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Ford FE from Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     

I certainly agree with the earlier posts and the information that has been provided. My car was produced win 2003 and although I'm not the original owner I have had owned it since early 2007. I currently have about 13,000 miles on the car and it has been a really solid ride that I would purchase again in a heartbeat. You may want to check the B&B and McGill web site to view some additional owner photo's.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LS427/Roush 342R
Not Ranked     

Thanks gentleman, I have been trying to ask question to the owner since I purchased a Classic Roadster 427 and had nothing but problems from cooling to leaving me stranded which made me sell and purchase a vette but is not the same fun.
I had considered building one but feel there has to be some pretty good used ones for sale.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As with your CR, any cobra replica is only as good as the sum of its parts. Any one of them could be built with bad parts, cut out engines, mis matched transmissions, junk yard dogs...
Only a detailed inspection by someone qualified would point out these problems. Pictures are helpful unfortunately you cant detect problems with cooling clutch or engine.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR SLC, Graziano 6-spd, LS3
Not Ranked     

The problems you mentioned with your Classic Roadster have nothing to do with the kit manufacturer and everything to do with how well the kit was built and maintained. You could buy a well built B&B (or Classic Roadster or FFR or ...) and have no problems, but you could buy a poorly built B&B (or any other kit) and have more problems than you did before. You get what you pay for...
Old 08-08-2015, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Roadster. Ford 351W/427 & Holley TBI 950
Not Ranked     

I recently bought a used 2001 B&B from my dentist of 20 years. He's very meticulous and chose B&B over the others. We put it on a rack before I bought or test drove it. I was very impressed with the big frame and solid construction. Now that I own it, I'm even more impressed with the frame and 'solidness'