Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2002, 07:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 351w

Hi,

I own a B & B and getting ready to have a 351W engine built. I would like to know if you can use either a front or rear sump oil pan, and if a Edelbrock Performer RPM manifold will have enough clearence under the hood?

Thanks
Old 04-10-2002, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Indy Mustang Performance
675 e. Murry st
Indianapolis, IN 46227
317-788-7660

He builds the engines for the B&B factory turnkey cars; knows what works and what doesn't. Also, his prices are very reasonable. Good luck! Len
Old 04-11-2002, 12:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

Before purchasing an engine from Indy Mustang, I would seek the input from other forum members. I ordered an engine from Indy Mustang, and after doing so, suddenly started hearing some things that scared me. I received my engine roughly 2 weeks later than promised, which was two weeks after I sent my final payment. I was told the engine would ship as soon as my final payment was made. I heard all of the same reasons for not shipping that other people with horror stories reported to me. I kept on top of Jim, and received my engine. The engine looks nice, although there was a bolt on the bellhousing that was in by one thread. I also had sent about $1000 in parts to Jim, and did not receive some of the manuals and small parts back. When I asked him about it, at first he said they were in the box with the engine, and then later said that he had them. It took about three weeks to get this stuff sent to me via UPS. I still think that I am missing some small items.

I have yet to fire up the engine. I am hoping that it runs as good as Jim says it will. At this point, I am cautiosly optimistic. I have heard some good things, and I have heard some bad things.

The cost of the engine definately seems attractive up front. However, take all of the small things like hoses, spark plugs, wires, etc into account and compare against other crate motor builders like CHP, Southern and one of the other engine builders in Indy, and I think the price will come out close.

Like I said, seek input from other forum members here and on the other boards first. My experience has not been all that bad yet.
Old 04-11-2002, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     
Default 351w

Craig, I'm building a 351W stroker (around 425ci). I have also asked around to see what parts would fit. An Edelbrock Performer will fit...as will a Victor. So you can have the performance benefits of of a single plane manifold and still have it fit under the hood.

As for oil pans, I asked several kit car manufacturers before I ordered mine to see which would fit. They all said Canton Road Race pans work the best. I think even ERA recommends this on their webpage. Mainly for a small block, you wanna keep the pan depth under 8" or you'll have clearance problems. Other than that you should be OK. Canton makes a good pan. I have the T-sump Road Race pan. 7qts plus filter and oil cooler....so that would be plenty for a high volume oil pump.

Hope this helps.

Brent
Old 04-11-2002, 11:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for your replys and your help, I'm going with the Performer RPM manifold, not sure yet about the pan.

Craig
Old 04-11-2002, 12:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

No prob Craig. I got my Canton pan from Ford Performance Solutions in Cali. 1-714-773-9027. I got it for $200. I think the pickup is around $40. If you're using a main girdle, you will have to do a little persuasive clearancing with a ball peen hammer. It's a T-sump pan, with a bunghole for an oil temp sensor, and it's got a magnetic drain plug in the front. Nice pan. Let me know if I can help you in any other way.

Brent
Old 04-14-2002, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 351W
Not Ranked     

If you want a real horror story about IndyMustang Email me and I will give you my Phone "DO NOT BUY FROM INDYMUSTANG" by the way B&B dropped IndyMustang (He sucks) I dare any one to call B&B for an IndyMustang reference.

bsuttonmci@att.net