Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2002, 08:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B
Not Ranked     
Default Hold That Trunk Up

Hi,

What have most of you used to hold up your trunk(Prop rod, etc.) I figured after having it close on my head a few time it's time to do something.

Jim

You can observe a lot from just watching.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 Seat Roadster-by B&B, 460+ w/auto.
Not Ranked     
Talking

What'sa matter Jim? Third hand's in the shop? Sorry, had to say it. E-mail Bryan at the shop to send you a picture of our trunk prop rods. Nothing electric or real high tech. Just a bracket, swivel and rod with a hole in the hinge arm. We make them right here in the fab. dep't.

Ron
Old 10-18-2002, 09:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Excaliburs use gas shocks for the hood and the trunk. I like it!

Ernie
Old 10-18-2002, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33868 Sold. Just "playin' the boards now."
Not Ranked     

You can also use an OEM Corvette trunk prop from a 60's or 70's vette. Not too expensive and works well. They're the slide and latch type. When you lift up, it stays where its put and to lower just raise it a fraction and down it goes. Simple to install too.

Good part is that it looks factory. Had one in mine.

Al
Old 10-18-2002, 11:58 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427S/C, 351W, T5
Not Ranked     

Jim: as always, check out Enzo's bracket in the Finish Line catalog. Installs easy and works great. Open the trunk it locks open and has a simple release to close. What would we do without the good folks at Finish Line!
Jim
Old 10-19-2002, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B
Not Ranked     

Anyone have pictures of the Finish line Bracket installed?

Thanks for the tips.
Jim

You can observe a lot from just watching.
Old 11-23-2002, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

i am not sure how much trunk space you need but i just install a gas strut on mine. i will give you the part number and the run down, took about 30 min. and works great helps open when your over half way and when you close just lower and then drop. you could use a stronger one but i didnt find one with the swivel end i liked . one mightylift part and 2 screws. here we go. mightylift from autozone. 19.99 each. model number 95263 and 95273 the 95263 is for the rear. it has a small 2 hole bracket i attach at the base of the trunk toward the back. and then drill one small hole in the truck arrm on the left side. works great. you will loose a little of the left side of the trunk do to bar reaching across but is still get chairs in with out a problem . i used the other for the front. just drill in the front crossmember and placed a small L brack off of the front hinge drill and hole on each end . use the supplied bolt /cap ends and again you have a nice gas strut lift . the front will lift the hood once you are about 1/2 of the way up. email if you have questions or want pics. was fun and to easy. PS just make sure the length of the hood open is where the strut is at max extension dont want to put any undue stress on the fiberglass.

Last edited by mkcobra; 11-23-2002 at 07:50 PM..